Latest Patch made performance worse. i7 8700k 100% USAGE[removed] 0_0

_Fabio_FVB_
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 12
This last patch made the performance even worse for me. The frame-time is horrendous now, it has a annoying micro stutter. I'm playing with and i7 8700k and 1070ti at 1080p and CPU usage is really HIGH going to 95% and 100%. What the hell? Do we need and i9 now to play this game properly? Is anyone else having these same issues?
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• Carbonic
    1199 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 11
    Ah - this post appears pretty much every time a patch is released for every tripple A game ever :p

Some basic patch related performance issue troubleshooting steps:

Step 1:
    Install latest drivers using DDU in safe mode
    Step 2:
    If that doesn't work clear shader cache
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This last patch made the performance even worse for me. The frame-time is horrendous now, it has a annoying micro stutter. I'm playing with and i7 8700k and 1070ti at 1080p and CPU usage is really HIGH going to 95% and 100%. What the hell? Do we need and i9 now to play this game properly? Is anyone else having these same issues?

If you want lower CPU usage, set your FPS target accordingly. What is your current FPS limit?