Weekly BF

Is the Nvidia exploit still a thing?

2»

Comments

• SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    People being killed in smoke isn't the issue I'd suggest. I regularly fire into smoke especially if I've downed someone and suddenly there's a smoke billowing on them.

Saying that the main problem of this potato graphics doesn't seem all that common? I've only ever seen 1 blatant example of it myself in over 350 hours of playing.

Not saying it's not there it clearly is and needs sorting.

You have no  idea what you've seen and not seen. Its literally impossible to tell if someone is using this exploit. You can see cheats in spectate mode, but you cannot see people not loading textures on their PCs.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    jog0ff said:
    smoke isn't the biggest problem, the problem starts when youre trying to hide in the bushes or crops field (Arras), with this exploit theres no place to hide ...
    Exactly, that is the map that is affected by this the most. Also, enough with the "I've played 800 bagillion hours and have never seen that." I don't believe you and nobody else does either. It's just disingenuous and insulting.

Twisted Steel is also heavily affected by this. Most of the foliage (tall grass, tree leaves, shrubs) do not render at all. It removes most all visual cover on the map. This is most definitely cheating, and an exploit. Not to mention just how easy it is to recognize people due to eliminating 90% of the visual noise in the game. DICE should have made changes to detect when someone is using it, and block multiplayer. But, they didn't.
    Now that the social media noise surrounding this issue has died down, DICE no longer cares about blocking this. There are many people using it again.

• -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    People being killed in smoke isn't the issue I'd suggest. I regularly fire into smoke especially if I've downed someone and suddenly there's a smoke billowing on them.

Saying that the main problem of this potato graphics doesn't seem all that common? I've only ever seen 1 blatant example of it myself in over 350 hours of playing.

How do you know what they are seeing?
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:

How do you know what they are seeing?
    google Jacks Frags video on Youtube, it shows it exactly as is seen using exploit

• Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SteveZee wrote: »
    Jezzzeh said:

You have no  idea what you've seen and not seen. Its literally impossible to tell if someone is using this exploit. You can see cheats in spectate mode, but you cannot see people not loading textures on their PCs.

Yes I do because I have experienced it. On Arras a guy with a Bren proned was killing people so much the whole server was complaining about it, he was gloating about it in chat.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    SteveZee wrote: »
    Jezzzeh said:

Yes I do because I have experienced it. On Arras a guy with a Bren proned was killing people so much the whole server was complaining about it, he was gloating about it in chat.
    same here, tried to camp in the bushes so many times but somehow got always killed even was no flares on the sky ...magic ffs
  • 5hadyBrady
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC fps games will always be infested with a massive percentage of cheaters. The incentive to make cheats is equal or greater than the incentive to stop them. Even the cheaters themselves are undermining the incentive to stop them, because the cheaters are still players who show up and keep the servers active. Technically there's an incentive to ignore the cheaters, especially when they're buying copies of the game. Now of course , it doesn't make sense to ignore the cheaters because the reputation of the studio goes down the tubes when the games are infested with cheaters, but it only really happens on PC. The cheating thread is always the most viewed and discussed topic on the PC section. You have to go to the 600th page on the console side to even find a thread about cheating. To be honest, once consoles start to flesh out mouse and keyboard support, I'm ditching the PC. And I've never owned a console in my life. I will switch if it means playing on a closed system that makes it difficult to use cheats. Obviously nothing is perfect, but PC gaming is a horror show.
  • bigdaddygonutz
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is still working - I read today online they got a new way of doing it now after the recent patches = sigh
  • TheNoobPolice
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't believe how basic their "fix" was. You don't even need to have any insight at all to circumvent it, just a VERY basic understanding of how computers work. DICE do ban for it if FF takes a screenshot of course, but that's not the point.

A better solution would be just make the games visuals clear enough so it is not an advantage (with the added side-effect that it makes the game fun to play). Funny how it wasn't even a thing in any past Battlefield games - in fact, I can't even think of any other FPS game where this has been an issue that needed "patching", despite existing in the same way all along. This whole issue just points to bad design in the first place.