DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14429 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Brenex

Nobody is "deleting" anything.

For starters,  We have an anti-spam filter in place ( Askimet ) and it is plausible that comments are getting flagged by it as spam until a moderator goes into the queue and verifies they are not spam.

We do not remove comments either for,  Or against the implementation of BOINS.

We are not a dictatorship where you absolutely MUST post everything entirely positive,  We take all feedback into consideration,  Be it negative or otherwise.

We simply ask that IF people want to post negative feedback,  That it be done so in a productive and valuable way.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "EA_Rtas said:
    Hey folks, it's understandable that not everyone is going to like BOIN's or how they're implemented and that some will have a negative opinion of them, that's fine, everyone is entitled to have their opinion and discuss it but keep the comments constructive let's keep the discussion as healthy, on topic and on point as possible"

Ya?  Here's healthy, on topic and on point.

Healthy dose of reality:  EA took my money pre-release and spawned me in a hackers paradise with no answer to date.  Provided minimal maps.  State they need to balance the costs of standing up rental servers knowing this community asked for servers every time EA has released a BF game without it.  The whole release of this game say "short sighted".

On topic:  BOIN's are a greedy move at this point.  It could have been a money maker but you dropped the ball during pre-planning of game development.  My kids don't even want to play this game.

On point:  EA released a game that is sub-par.  Feels they need to fleece the community further.  Should have waited to release this game polished and protected.  Have dev's that participate on twitter and Reddit but not on the BF forums.

I'm certain I have more healthy, on topic and on point thing I could talk about.  You took my money and likely would prefer I now go away.  I'm a very unhappy long term customer at this point.  I don't need to be lectured after I paid for this bad joke of a game.

• Brenex
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags

I'm sorry but you either don't know what your colleagues are doing, or you are lying.

I had 2 comments in this thread that got deleted, and one of them was my honest opinion that $7.50 for a weapon skin in a game that is not free to play is hilarious. Is that comment spam? Because it no longer exists, it was removed in less than 30 mins of me posting it.

Also, this thread had 16 pages yesterday, later that night it was down to 13.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14429 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Brenex
    I am fully aware that the spam filter does actually filter posts that are not spam.

There are many instances where myself or other mods are tagged in threads to approve posts that the anti-spam filter was triggered.
  • LuckyULSA_NOR
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV, where to start?
    Nowhere, as it now and and where the game is going to..a total fk up off a "AAA" game and straight down the shitters.
    So sad i bought this piece of ***. Should never have been released the way it was, and now? Come midd april, only one, i say ONE new map to those who dont give a toss about Firestorm.

What happened to the previous roadmap mr developer? Where is the tank customization, skins etc etc?
    Nooooooooooooo, lets create more **** modes that the player base dont want.

DICE, ARE YOU REALLY THAT FAR UP EA'S ***?????

I have bought and played BF2, BF1942, BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV and **Hardline...this is just a god damn disgrace to publish to your customers...AND THEN PUT ON SALE STRAIGHT AFTERWARS??? You spit on my face doing it.....Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!
  • neojaume
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I feel cheated by DICE, I bought this game because I saw a trailer that I liked where they appeared in addition to the well-known women with prosthetics weapons with vegetation camouflage. I bought it because it is what I was sold and then I saw that the game did not bring everything that was seen in the trailer and now to have it I have to pay more. In my house this is called a scam, I'm not going to get a euro cheating on me I assure you
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get more headgear options available for CC. Boin outfits come with headgear but CC ones don't. Nothing fancy, just variations of real normal helmets and caps?
  • TeRRaN1VA
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    EA_Rtas said:
    Hey folks, it's understandable that not everyone is going to like BOIN's or how they're implemented and that some will have a negative opinion of them, that's fine, everyone is entitled to have their opinion and discuss it but keep the comments constructive let's keep the discussion as healthy, on topic and on point as possible

WAT!? think you guys dont realize wat you people have done to the battlefield communitie and his ROOTS of battlefield.

R.I.P.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simple stop touching the game plese
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Brenex said:
    @LOLGotYerTags

I'm sorry but you either don't know what your colleagues are doing, or you are lying.

I had 2 comments in this thread that got deleted, and one of them was my honest opinion that $7.50 for a weapon skin in a game that is not free to play is hilarious. Is that comment spam? Because it no longer exists, it was removed in less than 30 mins of me posting it.

Also, this thread had 16 pages yesterday, later that night it was down to 13.
    You aren't the only one, mine is gone as well for calling them out on it.

The constant covering up for a very bad idea/play is just expected at this point. Oh well. Just take your business elsewhere. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @SwolasaurusFlex
    I have just checked the spam queue and it is empty.

Are you sure you posted anything?

I've looked at your post history and can find no new posts from you today other than the post above.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SwolasaurusFlex
    I have just checked the spam queue and it is empty.

Are you sure you posted anything?

I've looked at your post history and can find no new posts from you today other than the post above.
    I'm subscribed to this thread, that usually only happens if you manually do it, or you post in it. My post is gone. It was from between April 7th and 9th, along with other people I've seen post have had theirs deleted as well. The thread used to be up to at least 17 pages. I'll leave it at that.
  • Entek101
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My opinions, such as they are:

Paid a lot for the game pre-release, misread the offers and as such was disappointed with the air drops being a full skin set for a couple of guns, drip fed via pieces.  I feel the uniforms however were nicely done, and I liked those.  Would have preferred a choice of gun skins however.

My biggest issue is that there are a lot of skins for the default starter guns, and that's fine, not everyone works and unlocks the others so giving a nice variety to the starters is a good idea.
    Id like to see more variety in the store - especially for the price of the elite skins.  I feel these are a tad overpriced considering this is a full price game.  I appreciate that the servers cost money to run, and that EA as a company needs to generate revenue from a product that has no paid dlc and rental proprams (that im aware of).

I feel that more skins for less would encourage more purchases, and I feel that high priced time gated elite skins are not the way to go - look how badly Fifa was reported from the youtube community - as an example.

I like that we are getting rewards ingame for the TOW events, sadly im not a TDM player or a Fortnite / Battle Royale player, so adding a mode in that is completely not Battlefield to encourage those people to play, isn't my thing.  I don't see how making some rewards Firestorm ONLY are a good idea - I feel this alienates people that want to play battlefield as its been from the beginning - as a war sim with flags and vehicles.  Ive played every one since Bf1942 and Secret weapons of WW2 - and I loved the variety of the weapons and vehicles.  I don't intend to spend a lot of money on cosmetics, I feel that since most of the skins I want are in the singleplayer already I think I shouldn't have to pay for them again.  I also feel that since I cannot buy the cosmetics that were in the trailer - which convinced me to buy the game I add - that I should complain about this.

Im probably voicing things a lot of people have said already, but since the "unheard" voices of the community caused a lot of TDK changes that most of us actively playing didn't want, I feel that I should voice my opinion as an actual player.  

P.S.
    the assignments for gold skin unlocks don't match ingame gun play.  Can the people making decisions for these and ingame costs please play the game and assign realistic data to these.
  • Themaadone72
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A full price not yet finished game introducing in game purchases - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I thought I was on my mobile phone for a second....
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fairly certain that if the BOINS or BOIN-only outfits were half the price that they are then more than twice as many would be sold... I might even be tempted. No way am I spending the price of a full BF1 DLC on just two outfits though.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm fairly certain that if the BOINS or BOIN-only outfits were half the price that they are then more than twice as many would be sold... I might even be tempted. No way am I spending the price of a full BF1 DLC on just two outfits though.
    I remember buying bottles of  Dr. Pepper to get them outfits for Bad Company 2.  I cant remember if  BF3 had some Dr Pepper thing going on as well.  I was always getting them codes.  But then we had to registered at Dr Pepper EA site to redeem them.  But I agree half price or less for outfits would be more ideal.  I didn't check the prices out.  Cause you have to go by the price point for your money  to Boin ratio.  $5 is like what 300 Boin?  I haven't checked the store in a while.
  • JoshuaBlahyii
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's really sad that in a game you pay money for upfront that the "coolest" cosmetics are locked behind a paywall. That's my biggest problem with "boins" and your store. I can't cover my character's face without paying X amount of extra dollars for the game, and that's not what I signed up for, nor do I like the timers on the store, it just reminds me of Gacha/Mobile games. 
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Boins are over priced. I’m not paying $10 for one epic outfit or weapon skin. I’ve got a stupid amount of company coins that I’ll never use.

Even if the epic skins and outfits were to cost 50,000 cc that wouldn’t be bad.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sooooo.. I bought a fullpriced unfinished broken Triple A Game "Deluxe Edition" and now I have to pay again to get some of these Skins?
    This is so incredibly evil..makes me speechless
  • shaggysk8er
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    definitely seems like when you pay for the deluxe edition, you dont get didly for it. paying extra for nothing
    Goes for buying stuff in the armory. More than half of those should be given to us because we spent more on the game for an upgraded edition
    Come on BF! SMH