Tankers get way to much hate.

Minigun991
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Tanks in battlefield V require the most skill out of any class to play. They are right next to medics. For a good tanker who’s not playing with a squad, you have to map out each resupply station, and figure out where your team is going.

But here is the thing: not everyone is a good tanker, and even then it doesn’t fit battlefield’s style of gameplay.

Everyone else is running and gunning, and then there is the tanks. Ether slowly coming up, and probably getting blown up by three assaults. Or sitting in the back taking shots.

What did the community expect was going to happen. OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CAMP. Why would you risk your tank, when you know that you will ether run out of ammo in the heat of the battle and blown up. Or run into multiple assaults and get blown up.

People are just fine making assault into the easy call of duty class, that can cripple tanks easily. But want to hate on novice tankers for trying not to get killed and still kill people.

All over battlefield pages on Facebook and multiple other sites is people ranting about tankers camping. Maybe take away some of assaults anti tank weapons and that will change.

Tankers already have enough to worry about in the form of planes. Let alone a one man Rambo with 2/3 Panzerfaust’s, TNT and an anti tank grenade

Comments

• Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    When I use tanks it is usually 50 % "second line" (not to far behind our infantry frontline), 25 % on point (freaking dangerous) and 25 % camping (with bad infantry).
    It changes a bit depending on the map and what tank/specialization I am using, but it fits rather well generally.

I personally prefer the "second line", as it is there I get the most enjoyment due to being close to the fight and relatively safe (all it takes is a single Assault or Support to end you).

If I am using a Tank Destroyer I obviously stay further away, especially in the StuGIV as it got no co-axial machinegun (I really miss that).

EDIT: I really dislike to see hillcampers (both on our team and the enemy team) as they adds nothing but annoyance to the game, especially maps like Aerodome Breakthrough where there always are a Staghound or Valentine AA up there :(
  • krliathbirdeate
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz wrote: »
    When I use tanks it is usually 50 % "second line" (not to far behind our infantry frontline), 25 % on point (freaking dangerous) and 25 % camping (with bad infantry).
    It changes a bit depending on the map and what tank/specialization I am using, but it fits rather well generally.

I personally prefer the "second line", as it is there I get the most enjoyment due to being close to the fight and relatively safe (all it takes is a single Assault or Support to end you).

If I am using a Tank Destroyer I obviously stay further away, especially in the StuGIV as it got no co-axial machinegun (I really miss that).

EDIT: I really dislike to see hillcampers (both on our team and the enemy team) as they adds nothing but annoyance to the game, especially maps like Aerodome Breakthrough where there always are a Staghound or Valentine AA up there :(

Well sadly thats map design problem we can't fix that second idk why they made aa so strong in killing players. Since with a valentine aa tank its only 2 hit or even one hit kill in any mid distance
  • krliathbirdeate
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 13
    I like staying outside of point. right outside of point where i am not in the point but i can see every one on point and moving around in circles to annoy enemy players. I push in to point if there is a squd with me or is getting captured so i can make sure it is getting captured.

i mostly go and play AA tank since it can fight fighters and ground at the same time with out dying and normally unless pushing too far a tank cannot reach me anyway. Since if i stay behind the point, if the enemy does do that he will die by assult players or even die with me. I stay in mid distances to handle with fighters for our bombers and let our snipers spot players so i can snip them from far distance in second line as well

Normally i fight in safe distance since no one can survive an AA tanks fire in mid distance when coming close without cover, when they come to kill me and i can easily run away and repeat same goes with tanks.

a tank cannot die if he or she don't push like an idiot and spawn camping is a good way to get easy kills and i feel that this is one of the failed mechanics dice made which is sad but to survive you need to do it anyway since going near point with a heavy tank like tiger mean suicided and normally tank is for back support for your team not going in point and killing everything around it.

But mostly pushing is an option but if your not skilled you will die and if you are skilled you will get kills thats how it works in this game. If your a pusssy sitting in point you will get hunt by skilled bombers but since dice was smart enough to burf the hall out of AA for no reason when it had such long distance fire it's hard now days.

Maps that don't have bombers are basically tank camping zone since whats the point of going in to point when some of the buildings that assults sit in, is not even breakable you going in to die and these maps are just annoying since as an assult you can't do **** about it

• Foculdinsuflet
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    I usualy play armor/tanks in all battlefield games, but here in bf.V its brutal, u run out of ammo verry fast, they are to vulnerabile, i wish shomthing must be done, add more ammo, make them more resilient to infantry attacks, or give them more speed dunno
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks require significantly less skill to use than infantry. Obviously in BFV tanks are much weaker, but by and large are still relatively easy yo use in comparison to infantry. 
  • wiazabi
    480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Problem with tanks is.
    • Limited ammo
    • Cant always repair to full without going outside tank
    • Easy to get crippled 
    • Action man
    The 2 first points make people camp near resupply but the main issue is the limited ammo for me, 50% more ammo would go a long way.

They should allow tanks to repair to full inside it, currently if people end up with a tank at 50% health unable to  repair more they are just encouraged to camp more or slowly work their way back to resupply.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    Tanks require significantly less skill to use than infantry. Obviously in BFV tanks are much weaker, but by and large are still relatively easy yo use in comparison to infantry. 

As long as assault class exists you really can call anything else easy because there is nothing easier compared to that abomination.
  • Hawxxeye
    5229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Objective= O
    Objective boundary= ||
    Tank location= T

If the tank is there as part of the attacker team
     O ---------- || -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- T
    waiting for the infantry to do the bodywork while it only takes potshots on infinitely respawning enemies, of course it will get hate, especially from its own team.

Ideally the tank needs to slowly push to towards the objective while the infantry use it as both cover and distraction while at the same time 1+ of them are also keeping it repaired from behind. The tank should attempt to use any visual cover available to limit the angles it will be attacked from.

• Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I had one hiding assault player cripple my full health Tiger all the way down to 17 health yesterday. It amazes me how much explosives one assault player can carry.

What he did to a full strength Tiger in a matter of 15 seconds compared to the time it takes and amount of heavy shells from an enemy tank is ridiculous.

I usually shy away from using the Tiger Sloth because of among other things the turret speed and they are not feared or respected.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are good and they take a lot of skill to do properly, unfortunately most tankers are crap, play to get a good score and dont care about the rest of the team.

Back when we didn't have stats tracked there were a lot more skilled tankers.
  • Hawxxeye
    5229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayVonUK said:
    Tanks are good and they take a lot of skill to do properly, unfortunately most tankers are crap, play to get a good score and dont care about the rest of the team.

and better tanks too, do not forget that
  • Marine_IraHayes2

“Back when we didn't have stats tracked there were a lot more skilled tankers.”[/quote]

Stats made them less skilled? Or the skilled tankers moved on because of the stats?
    I respect your opinion I just don’t see that as the issue.

• Hawxxeye

“Back when we didn't have stats tracked there were a lot more skilled tankers.”[/quote]

Stats made them less skilled? Or the skilled tankers moved on because of the stats?
    I respect your opinion I just don’t see that as the issue.

I think he tries to say is that stats make people play worse to inflate them
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayVonUK said:

Easy decision you can go 5-1 when pushing and lose the tank that might help your team. Or you go 30-0 while playing cautious which BF5 forces you to do. Yes you might have little effect on the game but it's still better than none cause you get blown up. So guess what anyone with an IQ over room temperature will do. Always remember disbaled tracks/engine/turret will be your death if you're to offensive, infantry support or not.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks in battlefield V require the most skill out of any class to play. They are right next to medics. For a good tanker who’s not playing with a squad, you have to map out each resupply station, and figure out where your team is going.

But here is the thing: not everyone is a good tanker, and even then it doesn’t fit battlefield’s style of gameplay.

Everyone else is running and gunning, and then there is the tanks. Ether slowly coming up, and probably getting blown up by three assaults. Or sitting in the back taking shots.

What did the community expect was going to happen. OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CAMP. Why would you risk your tank, when you know that you will ether run out of ammo in the heat of the battle and blown up. Or run into multiple assaults and get blown up.

People are just fine making assault into the easy call of duty class, that can cripple tanks easily. But want to hate on novice tankers for trying not to get killed and still kill people.

All over battlefield pages on Facebook and multiple other sites is people ranting about tankers camping. Maybe take away some of assaults anti tank weapons and that will change.

Tankers already have enough to worry about in the form of planes. Let alone a one man Rambo with 2/3 Panzerfaust’s, TNT and an anti tank grenade
    In game I can go 70-0 top score out of both sides and I still get some random asking why I didn't push, (and we won?)

I've had tankers write in game, "bunch of camping tankers aimed at me or my sides tanks", then they get nailed by me, or my side in seconds like an scrub because they raced forward way out of their depth. 

I've gone 105-0 top score out of both sides, almost (10k points above any other player on either team), and lost a match but held my side in the fight making it a good battle. But people on the enemy side blame me for the lose trying to get under my skin, and even on forums I'm accused of not even leaving my homebase like anyone could do that from there.

I'm going 20-0 towards the start of a match like three times the kills and points of anyone in the server, facing down enemy armour, and raging assault and I get some random jump into my tank and start telling me what to do and where to go so he can fire. Complains why I'm going back to the depot for what he thinks is a small amount of damage to my tank when really, I'm getting another (emergency repair) and don't have the time to explain. 

I get players accuse me of hacking, either wall hacking or aim botting like every 3rd match it seems these days. Most don't even know the effectiveness of the (spotting scope) on tanks.

Anyway... You are right, good tanking takes skill, strategy, and a cool mind. But a tank can sit in aerodrome on a hill and farm, walk out with 50-0 easy if they know what they are doing too. Bad map design. I like panzerstorm CQ most. 

The more skill you have in tanks, the more you can push, and I've surprised myself with how much I've got in the face of the enemy team at times, but you run a thin line between rampage and obliteration. But boy it's more fun.      
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:

In game I can go 70-0 top score out of both sides and I still get some random asking why I didn't push, (and we won?)

I've had tankers write in game, "bunch of camping tankers aimed at me or my sides tanks", then they get nailed by me, or my side in seconds like an scrub because they raced forward way out of their depth. 

I've gone 105-0 top score out of both sides, almost (10k points above any other player on either team), and lost a match but held my side in the fight making it a good battle. But people on the enemy side blame me for the lose trying to get under my skin, and even on forums I'm accused of not even leaving my homebase like anyone could do that from there.

I'm going 20-0 towards the start of a match like three times the kills and points of anyone in the server, facing down enemy armour, and raging assault and I get some random jump into my tank and start telling me what to do and where to go so he can fire. Complains why I'm going back to the depot for what he thinks is a small amount of damage to my tank when really, I'm getting another (emergency repair) and don't have the time to explain. 

I get players accuse me of hacking, either wall hacking or aim botting like every 3rd match it seems these days. Most don't even know the effectiveness of the (spotting scope) on tanks.

Anyway... You are right, good tanking takes skill, strategy, and a cool mind. But a tank can sit in aerodrome on a hill and farm, walk out with 50-0 easy if they know what they are doing too. Bad map design. I like panzerstorm CQ most. 

The more skill you have in tanks, the more you can push, and I've surprised myself with how much I've got in the face of the enemy team at times, but you run a thin line between rampage and obliteration. But boy it's more fun.      

What you just explained sums it up for me as well. Well...other than the kill streaks you mentioned anyway lol.
    I think the best I’ve done(and this was not camping) with a awesome squad on Aerodome was 66-0. Capturing and defending. I have images of the stats that game but how to upload them here I’m not certain how to.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Minigun991 said:

What you just explained sums it up for me as well. Well...other than the kill streaks you mentioned anyway lol.
    I think the best I’ve done(and this was not camping) with a awesome squad on Aerodome was 66-0. Capturing and defending. I have images of the stats that game but how to upload them here I’m not certain how to.
    66-0 is awesome. And your just keep getting better as you go. That's how it was for me. There have been games to this day I get nailed 3-4 times within a match because of a bunch of stuff, bombers, mines, a disable in an awful situation. But overall you will as I have if you keep at it, get better and better. 

I don't know if it's the player population or what, but I see many of the same faces in game, and they often say stuff like, "don't you get bored tanking all the time?", I don't, and I don't see any other way to get really good at it if you don't.   
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

As long as assault class exists you really can call anything else easy because there is nothing easier compared to that abomination.
    Everyone knows Assault class is braindead (DICE what were you thinking?) But tanks still offer a significant time to react to threats given they take several AT rockets to kill. Only except is if an assault gets behind you with dynamite, but situational awareness and liberal usage of 3D person camera can mitigate that as well. As long as you stay away from flags you should last long enough to rack up plenty of kills. Unless you're driving the StuG IV, that thing is hot trash. 
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Everyone knows Assault class is braindead (DICE what were you thinking?) But tanks still offer a significant time to react to threats given they take several AT rockets to kill. Only except is if an assault gets behind you with dynamite, but situational awareness and liberal usage of 3D person camera can mitigate that as well. As long as you stay away from flags you should last long enough to rack up plenty of kills. Unless you're driving the StuG IV, that thing is hot trash. 
    Pretty much following this, I went 73-3 in a tank on Aerodrome last night. I got MVP with all of 3 flag captures. I kinda felt bad about it(being an infantry main farming infantry and all), but thinking about how powerful Assault is I don't feel so bad. Although, the killing got best when I defended C from attacking enemies from A and I was right in front of the hanger.
  • MBT_Layzan

hmmm.. I get what you are a saying. Kinda agree, but most of my deaths are happening where I'm in a position to do very little. Or I'm caught in the wave as I call it, or hit by something out the blue wiping me out like a bomber. Then again I'm in the Val and 38t so.. 

Situational awareness, totally! And the 3rd person is essential!

But in this game, with 64 players, so many times I'm flanked and no human being would have had a clue, or I'm engaged tank v tank + infantry and a plane, fighter or bomber just blows me apart, or finishes me off after I've dealt with all that. Or something like I'm working infantry and a tiger that was hidden behind a smoke plume lands a perfect hit from across the map disabling me, and now three assault are racing at me while I'm trying to not get hit again by the tiger.

And god, those V2's, hardly hear them until it's too late. 

Some maps though, like Aerodrome you can really be safe, but I still like the map because I get to pitch myself against other tanks on a more personal level, and it can get hectic! But I wish for more maps like panzerstorm.