This Week in Battlefield V

Unbelievable

grrlpurple
803 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Yesterday I joined a random squad on Hamada Frontlines and the three other squaddies were scouts. I was running medic to complete the weekly ToW revive component...

Wow. Two of the three scouts played aggressively onto objectives, spotting and squad reviving, giving orders and using the squad points wisely and strategically. Wow.

I'd heard rumour of such scouts but until now thought they were a myth.

I was mythtaken! 😊

Whoever they were, I thank them. Even the one scout who hung back to snipe was laying down spawn beacons in all of the right places.

Comments

• Trokey66
    8361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Yesterday I joined a random squad on Hamada Frontlines and the three other squaddies were scouts. I was running medic to complete the weekly ToW revive component...

Wow. Two of the three scouts played aggressively onto objectives, spotting and squad reviving, giving orders and using the squad points wisely and strategically. Wow.

I'd heard rumour of such scouts but until now thought they were a myth.

I was mythtaken! 😊

Whoever they were, I thank them. Even the one scout who hung back to snipe was laying down spawn beacons in all of the right places.

Sometimes, wonders never cease......

👍
  • TropicPoison
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Were they actually using the flare gun? Seems like 90% of the time it's me and one other scout using it if I'm playing as one.
  • grrlpurple
    Were they actually using the flare gun? Seems like 90% of the time it's me and one other scout using it if I'm playing as one.

Even better... Saw them using the spotting scope! 😲
  • PoppaPappo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If people only knew how much carnage planes could do if people were regularly lighting up the field with that spotting scope...
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to love playing recon like that but it doesn’t work for me in BF5.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They shouldn't even be in BF5, DICE did their worst to stomp them out.
  • MrCamp121
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lmao..i use flare gun and someone thought i was using hacks that showed where everyone was. Amazing LOL
  • grrlpurple
    I'm one too... I main support and medic but play other classes for the assignments. I'm not a great shot with a long scope so always play aggressive when I run scout and spend more time spotting for the team than actually shooting.

It's great to hear from you team playing scouts. I hate that "tarred with the same brush" mentality because of those edge of the map camping snipers.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If people only knew how much carnage planes could do if people were regularly lighting up the field with that spotting scope...
    Nooo, dont tell them lol
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    After the Flare got buffed, i could see myself using it more than the spotting scope because i like to play aggressive.

Really wish that DICE can accept that they failed with the Attrition system for the Recon class and buff the damage for BARs upclose with faster time to switch to sidearm.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you me? I had literally the exact same scenario yesterday, although it was Breakthrough. Two Recons were basically on the objectives or just behind/next to them, and although one was hanging back a little he was covering a long flank and counter sniping quite well, and he had a good spawn beacon down.