This Week in Battlefield V

Assault makes this game exhausting.

Minigun991
132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It’s unbelievable that this class still isn’t balanced. The fact DICE thought this was a good idea in the beginning is mind numbing.

Why would you choose any other class, when you can just play battlefield V like it’s call of duty?

At least in other battlefields the class had a drawback. Like laying down to fire your anti tank weapon. Or not being anti tank to begin with.

Nope. Here assault can do anything and everything. Effectively making this game more easy then battlefield 1, and making it a borderline twitch shooter with tanks and planes.

Comments

• DavTan
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    It’s unbelievable that this class still isn’t balanced. The fact DICE thought this was a good idea in the beginning is mind numbing.

Why would you choose any other class, when you can just play battlefield V like it’s call of duty?

At least in other battlefields the class had a drawback. Like laying down to fire your anti tank weapon. Or not being anti tank to begin with.

Nope. Here assault can do anything and everything. Effectively making this game more easy then battlefield 1, and making it a borderline twitch shooter with tanks and planes.

In what way is it unbalanced ... Against what ? The only thing I think is still too good in assaults inventory is the SLR,s .. they need a little more nerfing.
    You make it sound like assaults are more difficult to kill than any other class. They most certainly are not.

You choose a different class too play with different weapons and compliment the squad your in. If you play like it's cod ( I presume you mean constantly running n gunning , twitch shooting ) then unless you're really really good then you die a lot.

There's drawbacks .. especially since they beefed the tanks and balanced the pansyfist. You can't health up like medic , you can't support like support recon like recon etc etc.
    Nope you plainly can't do everything and anything so I disagree.
    I hope I've answered all your questions. Your welcome.
    P.s if you're getting exhausted , try sitting down, it's much less tiring.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest with you, since the last nerf to assault I find that support is the better class to play for higher KPM, but maybe that's just me.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
     Uh, yes, Assault can do way more than other classes. Let's see shall way?
    -Assault has AR's and SLR's, so weapons for both short and long range (and sniping with no glint)
    -Carries two explosive types, can destroy tanks, buildings, throw dynamite to kill enemies behind cover
    -Picks up more ammo from dead enemies
    -Heals more health than others
    -Practically best weapons in game
    -SLR's are essentially glint less sniper rifles that can't be countered very well 
    -Has weapons with highest muzzle velocity

Really, assault can't do everything?
    SLR's=Self Loading Rifles those are recon weapons
    SAR's=Semi Automatic Rifles, Assault has these
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach said:
    Dice doesn't care about game balance. Period.
    This happens when one of your main Devs is a former competitive COD player who never used Vehicles in any of his Videos.
    Which dev are you referring to? 
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    Yup assault is a OP class. Semiautomatic rifle with x3 scope are better than rifle on recon class and no light for x3 scope (want play markman? play assault!), best anti tank weapon, dynamite, PF or Piat (want to destroy tank? Play assault!) and best weapons overall. He lack revive option and he can do medic job as well , but hey.. He has fast regen health almost :smile:

In my opinion the support class must be the antitank class, and choose between PF, Piat or Mines (since you can choose only one anti tank weapon , for balance thing you are allowed to deploy 6 mines around the map) while assault class can carry laucher granade only.

Then remove x3 scope and put the same reticle on x2 scope or another one, so recon class have advantage on medium , long range. Assault can still carry dynamite for close combact and destroy fortification (and help support to destroy tanks).

• wiazabi
    485 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Assault do not have access to smoke therefor it is balanced /s 

They should have had a demolition class so they could have kept the powerful rifles as part of assault without going way overboard with having same class with the most powerful explosives.

It do really feel insulting when you get killed by piat / rifle grenade / tnt while also knowing they have access to the most powerful rifles in the game and i am here shooting a smoke grenade and having to compensate for using an smg ( if looting a weapon would have the spec i have i would do it all the time as medic ).
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Stahlmach said:
    This happens when one of your main Devs is a former competitive COD player who never used Vehicles in any of his Videos.

DRUNKKZ3.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach said:
    I am talking about Florian 'DRUNKKZ3' Le Bihan. Responsible for the Core Gameplay design of BF V.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
    Minigun991 wrote: »

In what way is it unbalanced ... Against what ? The only thing I think is still too good in assaults inventory is the SLR,s .. they need a little more nerfing.
    You make it sound like assaults are more difficult to kill than any other class. They most certainly are not.

You choose a different class too play with different weapons and compliment the squad your in. If you play like it's cod ( I presume you mean constantly running n gunning , twitch shooting ) then unless you're really really good then you die a lot.

There's drawbacks .. especially since they beefed the tanks and balanced the pansyfist. You can't health up like medic , you can't support like support recon like recon etc etc.
    I hope I've answered all your questions. Your welcome.
    P.s if you're getting exhausted , try sitting down, it's much less tiring.
    Assault just has to run up to a flag and look for the ammo and medic supply dumps.
  • ragnarok013
    3214 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is hardly a new perception, people said the same thing here on the forums about assault back in BF3 when we still had an independent anti-vehicle class.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
     Uh, yes, Assault can do way more than other classes. Let's see shall way?
    -Assault has AR's and SLR's, so weapons for both short and long range (and sniping with no glint)
    -Carries two explosive types, can destroy tanks, buildings, throw dynamite to kill enemies behind cover
    -Picks up more ammo from dead enemies
    -Heals more health than others
    -Practically best weapons in game
    -SLR's are essentially glint less sniper rifles that can't be countered very well 
    -Has weapons with highest muzzle velocity

Really, assault can't do everything?
    your 1st and 6th point are basically the same so stop moaning. the only issue is SLR's. even so I dont know if it's me but I cannot see recon glint no matter how hard I look
    2. support has unlimited ammo including mines and grenade launcher. with assault you literally have to get to the resupply station...
    3. again, support has unlimited ammo and mmgs with practically unlimited range
    4. medic has unlimited health
    5. debatable, as a medic I will 9/10 outgun an assault in close quarters. in fact ive experimented a bit and tried to find 1-5 or stg while running medic.... damn those weapons are crap for my playstyle
    7. so?

If anything I would moan about number of explosives assault has.  the amount of times me as a medic running in the objective around an enemy tank while 5+ assaults do jack to take it down. i wish recon/medic received dynamite or some ani tank weapon.

• Hawxxeye
    5547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    This is hardly a new perception, people said the same thing here on the forums about assault back in BF3 when we still had an independent anti-vehicle class.
    So why would anyone consider to ever merge these two classes into one? :angry:
    Before, they at least have to sacrifice AT damage to obtain the ultimate anti infantry weapons.
  • Kunstula
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 14
    7. so?
    Higher muzzle velocity = better range. Many assault and support weapons have higher muzzle velocity than scout rifles, which makes them better at range than scout rifles.
    If you're going to participate in a balance discussion then this really shouldn't be needed to explain to you.
  • Broliszibaila
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 14
    I dont understand: why we cant have different roles which is dedicated to destroy tanks? Samething like soldier who gets not so good weapon, but gets good tools to kill the tanks?

Each role should have their roles:

Assault: close combat versus infantry, gets good weapons which only works great in close combat - cant fight vs tanks.
    Support: medium range, mortar and ammo support + repair tool - cant fight vs tanks.
    Sniper: long range, flares and stuff - cant fight vs tanks.
    Medic: Heals and stuff. Gets average weapons for close/medium range. - cant fight vs tanks.
    AT solider: fights vs tanks, but has bad day vs infantry.

Why we cant have simple stuff like this one? Why must always have super soldiers who can fight vs everything at any range?