This Week in Battlefield V

#MakeSnipersGreatAgain - How to fix BF 5 scoped Air guns

-L-M3rc3n4ry
523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited April 13
Snipers on BF 5 are the worst of the BF series. On BF 2, M95 deals incredible high damage against enemy vehicles and requires almost no leading, on BFBC2, M95 can pierce armored vehicles, OHK ship gunners behind armor and OHK enemies at any range on HC and up to 36m on SC. On BF3/4 snipers got nerfed to hell, an vehicle 7,62 mg can pierce armor but an .408 CT cartidge cant, but there are something called hardcore that makes sniping possible on BF3/4. Hardline had incredible deadly snipers with OHK range up to 50m and BF 1 brought more realistic ballistics to the game. 

I love playing BF 1 with Russian Winchester and iron sights or with Martini Henry. Even in BF 1 snipers aren't that deadly, i mean, the armored elite class can take an armor piercing(k-bullet) .30-06 SPGR into the head, at the same time that this combination can damage an heavy tank frontal armor; Martini Henry that was used for big games hunting but needs many shots to take out an horse on BF1, at least in ballistics, snipers on BF 1 fells like real rifles. Even the sound. I still remember when i visited an hunting "club" in Argentina and saw the wounds that an .45-70 round can do in a wild boar in patagonian cold montains. That was amazing. Such big animal dying so easily.

"snipers" on bf 5 looks much more like airsoft guns. Even the shotgun with under barrel rifle is better at sniping than snipers.

Comments

• -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers were never great

BF1, BFBC2, and hardcore mode of BF3/4 disagrees with you
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Alaedrea said:
    Sniping in BF5 is perfectly fine. OHK body shots would break the game. It is way too easy to quickscope and land body shots in this game. If you cant play aggressive and hit headshots with bolt actions then don't play aggressive, or play the SLRs.
    nooby is talking about OHK bodyshots on softcore

But realistic muzzle speed, armor piercing bullets, high damage(finish with an pistol shot) and hardcore back.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    edited April 13
    One more thing about OHK on chest(softcore), one thing is Martni Henry OHKilling, is a very slow rifle. Other thing is rifles that fire once per second with sweetspot. Everyone agrees that this is OP.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    bran1986 said:
    Dice isn't going to do anything to buff scout because it would act like an indirect nerf to the assaut, and DICE sure as hell won't do that.
    Buff both.

Anyway, i don't know why people complain a lot about all non full auto weapon in revious BF games. Shotguns, Shotguns + slugs, bolt action rifles, semi auto rifles like mondragon, etc
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Snipers were never great

While I got over scoped rifles in BF1 running bolt actions iron sighted is the most fun I've ever had in an FPS. When hosing people down with a spray weapon I zone out halfway through and get bored with a 1.5 second activity, that's how unrewarding those weapons feel.

• FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is fine and there are some very nice Sniper rifles available. The problem is with Assault and their 3 x scopes with no drawbacks. I suspect these were provided to Assault primarily for console players to address some of the visibility aspects of very detailed maps and backgrounds.

If Assaults could only use 2 x scopes at best then the whole game dynamic would shift significantly.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Snipers were never great

While I got over scoped rifles in BF1 running bolt actions iron sighted is the most fun I've ever had in an FPS. When hosing people down with a spray weapon I zone out halfway through and get bored with a 1.5 second activity, that's how unrewarding those weapons feel.

I have tested IRL both, lever action, bolt action rifles and full auto weapons(only 9mm) and can say. Lever action rifles/bolt action rifles are the most fun weapons to use in a firing range IRL. But on BF 1 they complain because shotguns/bolt action rifles are viable, in a WW1 everyone should be running with an SMG like modern cod games /sarcasm

Recon is fine and there are some very nice Sniper rifles available. The problem is with Assault and their 3 x scopes with no drawbacks. I suspect these were provided to Assault primarily for console players to address some of the visibility aspects of very detailed maps and backgrounds.

If Assaults could only use 2 x scopes at best then the whole game dynamic would shift significantly.
    Translating, they lost to assault even at long range but are fine in your opinion... This game has the weakest sniper rifles that i saw in any game, not just BF series.

Yes, on BF 1 the sweetspot is too present. Martini henry having sweetspot is necessarily, but Russian Winchester that can fire almost one round per second, should't have it. Maybe an "heavy" variant that has more sway, much slow ROF and heavier bullets and no scope with it can be fine, but IMO or snipers should be OHK like BFBC2 or being fast firing weapons, both is too good to be true. Sure, is balanced in BF 1 because semi auto rifles and Bar M1918 are equally good, but i miss the deadly and slow BFBC2 style of sniping.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Dice isn't going to do anything to buff scout because it would act like an indirect nerf to the assaut, and DICE sure as hell won't do that.

A few months ago you could rightfully make such a complaint, but assault isn't nearly as OP as it was on release as every weapon they have has now been nerfed at least once. Recon does need love and not need be damage buffs to their rifles. Recon really needs better gadgets, why recon doesn't have access to ziplines or grappling hooks is beyond me. I also don't understand why they don't have access to semi-auto rifles like assault has.

• bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    None of the assault "nerfs" were in any way significant. Every class has directly been nerfed far greater than any nerf the assault seen. For instance everytime medic has been buffed, assault has in turn been buffed as well.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't recall anytime assault has been buffed since release. I also will say I really noticed the nerfs to PAIT and the nade rifle as I used those a lot when capping objectives, and I can't use them the way I used to since the nerfs. I'd also say the G43 nerf was good enough to cause people not to use it near as much, so I can't see how that nerf could be considered insignificant. 
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't recall anytime assault has been buffed since release. I also will say I really noticed the nerfs to PAIT and the nade rifle as I used those a lot when capping objectives, and I can't use them the way I used to since the nerfs. I'd also say the G43 nerf was good enough to cause people not to use it near as much, so I can't see how that nerf could be considered insignificant. 
    All assault rifles were made 4 btk a week or two after release. Before that most assault rifles were a 5 btk. When medic got a 1 meter buff to their 4 btk range and 5 meter buff to their 5 btk range, DICE then buffed the m1907 and gave it less recoil. 
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    bran1986 said:
    None of the assault "nerfs" were in any way significant. Every class has directly been nerfed far greater than any nerf the assault seen. For instance everytime medic has been buffed, assault has in turn been buffed as well.
    Despite all buffs and nerfs, bolt action rifles are the worst weapons in the game. At long range, they only beat SMG and loses to everything, including LMG's, auto rifles, semi auto rifles, etc and at CQB they lose to everything.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Snipers were never great

I have tested IRL both, lever action, bolt action rifles and full auto weapons(only 9mm) and can say. Lever action rifles/bolt action rifles are the most fun weapons to use in a firing range IRL. But on BF 1 they complain because shotguns/bolt action rifles are viable, in a WW1 everyone should be running with an SMG like modern cod games /sarcasm

Translating, they lost to assault even at long range but are fine in your opinion... This game has the weakest sniper rifles that i saw in any game, not just BF series.

Yes, on BF 1 the sweetspot is too present. Martini henry having sweetspot is necessarily, but Russian Winchester that can fire almost one round per second, should't have it. Maybe an "heavy" variant that has more sway, much slow ROF and heavier bullets and no scope with it can be fine, but IMO or snipers should be OHK like BFBC2 or being fast firing weapons, both is too good to be true. Sure, is balanced in BF 1 because semi auto rifles and Bar M1918 are equally good, but i miss the deadly and slow BFBC2 style of sniping.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    If Dice simply copy-pasted BF1 bolt action rifles and their stats but without sweet spot, it'd be perfect. But alas it will never happen as long as class and weapon balance do not exist.
    As for sweetspot, i agree that is broken in many rifles, but IMO if an rifle like Martini comes with sweetpot, is necessarily to be viable; IMO very slow rifles like BF 1 Martini, BFBC2 Barrett M95, etc; with OHK range is OK. The problem of BF 1 is that they fire fast like BF 4 rifles and are deadly like BC2's rifles.  Anyway, sweetspot is not broken as people think. On BF 1 my KPM(kills per minute) with the non sweetspot rifle is above my KPM with Russian Winchester and Gw 98. The headshot hitbox on bf 1 is smaller than on other games.