Weekly BF

I can't see enemies in BF5 and just generally not enjoying game

Comments

• TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because I am squinting at the screen scanning for enemies, I don't have time to check the mini map that often. Not sure if anyone else suffers from this..
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the life of me, I can't seem to see enemies in BF5, especially if they're prone. They blend in too well with the environment.
    And even when they're moving on the darker maps, they just kinda disappear as well if they start zig zagging.
    THis game is encouraging either slow movement around the map, checking every single corner or just camping, unlock the MG42 and just go prone everywhere you go. Which isn't fun for me.
    This coupled with the fact that I'm now forced to go everywhere with teammates or risk guaranteed death on my own means I'm not enjoying this game at all.

No insults telling me to stop playing or shouldn't have bought the game please. This is my opinion.
    And I've been a BF gamer since BF3, I love these games, but this one just feels off...

I almost always play with friends and that makes this and all other games more enjoyable. Since BF has always been about teamwork I have to say that trying to play solo and being unhappy at the results doesn't generate much sympathy from me. Of course you should run with your squad, that's the whole idea, what else did you expect?

Most of my deaths seem to be caused by the Turner, the M1A1 and sniper rifles--prone LMGs are not at the top of the list and when I do die to them it's usually the KE7. So I honestly don't understand how you can complain about the MG42, how is it that it's such a problem for you, but not for me?

Last year I got my eye doctor to make some computer-only glasses for me as my aging eyes weren't doing well in gaming with general-purpose glasses. Wow, what a difference, with glasses set up specifically for using a computer at a certain distance I had a much better time in several games. If character visibility needs adjusting in BFV I hope they don't go too far. Some complaints seem to be asking for EZ Mode, e.g. those who want 3D spotting back. I find challenging games hold my attention a lot longer than easy games, so I don't need opponents who glow in the dark to make BFV more enjoyable for me. If there's one thing I want fixed it's the poor network performance, that's my Issue Number One.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the life of me, I can't seem to see enemies in BF5, especially if they're prone. They blend in too well with the environment.
    And even when they're moving on the darker maps, they just kinda disappear as well if they start zig zagging.
    THis game is encouraging either slow movement around the map, checking every single corner or just camping, unlock the MG42 and just go prone everywhere you go. Which isn't fun for me.
    This coupled with the fact that I'm now forced to go everywhere with teammates or risk guaranteed death on my own means I'm not enjoying this game at all.

No insults telling me to stop playing or shouldn't have bought the game please. This is my opinion.
    And I've been a BF gamer since BF3, I love these games, but this one just feels off...

The game is challenging. How much have you played? Its a little puzzling when people come fresh to a competitive MP and rage about not being very good at it one day one. It takes some time to learn.
  • heresPaul
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im fine on most maps , even the infamous snow maps but Devastation in particular i still struggle seeing people
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility does suck. Objects in the distance seem grainy. I've got all the screen effects that make it harder to see, and I've tried optimizing my graphics settings around seeing enemy players more easily rather than around making the game look as good as it can.

I use 3x scopes on pretty much everything that I can just so that I can see better.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm a moderate Deuteran either.

It can be a fun time laying prone on your back and watching a bunch of enemy players run right past you since they probably think you're just s corpse.
  • mrtwotimes
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stay with a squad, hopefully when the enemy on his back kills you, your teammates can get revenge and then revive you.
  • 11KingJake11
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also i wish they would fix the truck. Saw guy taking bases and won the game for us in the truck but got close to last place. The truck should get a gun for the driver at least or get more points for people spawning in. lots of good points on the spotting and other good stuff on this forum. I hope Dice actuality looks at what we have been talking about.
  • Nukegod
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Player visibility is fine as it is. Don't start a movement to get players highlighted or anything ridiculous. In battlefield you are wearing camouflage to blend in with your surroundings. Trying to make players more visible would change and hurt the game play. And if there is a change and it is easier to see people, then I want all characters to wear yellow orange reflective vest and yellow hardhats because why not go all out and make this game care bear friendly.
  • BtheReaper49
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I move fast. But try to keep cover if I can. I'll take a few deaths in a row sometimes but when I get around them its satisfying mowing down players in groups playing "as a team"
    The flank is strong use it.

I've flanked as well and when coming across a group of players that I snuck up on I end up with like one kill because of the stupid netcode, lag compensation or whatever stupid issues this game has, where invariably one of the enemies turns and kills me within milliseconds. Really hard to string together multikills in this game. Kinda ridiculous that you get penalized fairly badly for being stealthy😒
  • davyrocket1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree why is so easy for the Enemies to be able to see us but we can’t see them some parts of the maps are easier then others but you seem to always be playing at a disadvantage,I have been shot at long range by a hand gun smg shot guns with one shot when I am using a sniper rifle on +3 or +6 and playing firestorm I have been shot so many times with out sea the person or killing a single shot we seem to be playing at a disadvantage and it’s not just one player saying it it’s hundreds may be battlefield V is being ruined by hacks or some kind of cheering , I mean how many other players are finding this which is a shame because when you get a fair game it’s brilliant but it’s seems to be one in four games are good but some of the games you spend the hole time dying, I think battlefield 1 is a more fair game then battlefield V it you still seem to get cheering in that but it’s not as bad as battlefield v
  • davyrocket1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry for some of the grams mistake I am writing this at 01,50 am in the dark thank you
  • Demostrakon
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mean this in a "GTFO, noob" way, but this game might not be for you, OP.  The old BF's were about slower, more tactical play, while the more recent ones tried to allow more run-and-gun while offering hardcore modes for the old fans.  This time around, they seemed to want to combine the two to middling results.  That's why we have a high ttk with a low ttd that just feels broken half the time.  As a result, I'm not sure who this game is for.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nukegod said:
    Player visibility is fine as it is. Don't start a movement to get players highlighted or anything ridiculous. In battlefield you are wearing camouflage to blend in with your surroundings. Trying to make players more visible would change and hurt the game play. And if there is a change and it is easier to see people, then I want all characters to wear yellow orange reflective vest and yellow hardhats because why not go all out and make this game care bear friendly.
    nonsense. 

just check this video. two guys playing hide and seek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iyj8aaV2UM

places like areodrome barracks are literally impossible to see people
    twisted steel and the whole bush camping nonsense - you chase a guy in the bushes he suddenly disappears and kills you from the back.... 
    arras/rotterdam - again people have to just stand 1m away from a window and are completely invisible
    devastation - no comment
    hamada - this map should be just removed from the game... people blend in with rocks, shadows, pretty much everything else
    surprisingly fjel and narvik are relatively easy for me. some odd ones but I find it easier than other maps

• SirBobdk
    4183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Didn't had any problems in any other BF game, but have massive problems in BFV, especially if I use anything other than 3x zoom.

Iron sight is ok, but any reflex sight just makes it even worse.

Imo there are som major problems with dark places where it is almost impossible to spot anything. Devastation being the worst.

It also don't help that I'm almost one eye sighted due to a broken right eye.

• davyrocket1
    I think your missing the point it’s obvious that some players have a HUGE advantage over other players, I just wonder could they be using some type of MOD and telling you the games not for you is rubbish, We know by the score at the end of a game and even when playing it if it’s a fear game, I only an average player but know when grenad,s fly around a corner or three walls and you get shot from a mile away when your hidden away something dodgy where my camouflage now then how can he or she see me from that distance when I need a pair of binoculars to see them and they shot me with a shot gun something not right would be an understatement
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You only realise how terrible the visibility is in this game when you return to BF1.
    Seeing enemies at even very long ranges is so much easier and Im  not talking about using 3d spotting them but just seeing other players just normally running around this map. I think if Dice were able to fix this they would have done so by now, but it appears to rendering issues with the game, and is too sharp? If that doesn't sound stupid? Agree with the OP 100%
  • Trokey66
    8599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting used to it.....
  • SirBobdk
    4183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Trokey66 wrote: »

And after 24 years my wife is getting used to me. Miracles happen :D
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Trokey66 wrote: »

And after 24 years my vife is getting used to me. Miracles happen :D

Vife? Virtual wife? I'm too old for this youngster speak.
  • SirBobdk
    edited April 15

Vife? Virtual wife? I'm too old for this youngster speak.

Hehe fixed