Assault makes this game exhausting.

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play assault about the same amount as I play support and medic.

I support removal of the 3x scope and changing it to a 2x scope.
  • GP-Caliber
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    GP-Caliber said:

bran1986 wrote: »

GP-Caliber wrote: »

Kunstula wrote: »
    MatthewSkeet said:7. so?

Higher muzzle velocity = better range. Many assault and support weapons have higher muzzle velocity than scout rifles, which makes them better at range than scout rifles.

If you're going to participate in a balance discussion then this really shouldn't be needed to explain to you.

this is not entirely true. recon weapons do have lower velocity, but they can one hit kill you at any range in the head. that makes a bolt action rifle alot better than the sar.

No.With a bolt action you HAVE to land a headshot or you are screwed due to the slow rpm. You also have to do this with a bullet velocity that is on par with smgs. Assault has rifles that nearly double the bullet velocity and they fire 4x the speed of a bolt action. For reference there is a dmr in game that fires 450 rpm, with a bullet velocity over 800 m/s, and is a 4 btk at ALL ranges. For comparison there are smgs that fire 514 or 540 rpm that are 4-8 btk. This doesn't even take into account these weapons get hip fire specs and they get 3x scopes without any glint.

im talking about bolt action rifle here. I do agree the slrs are terrible and need a huge velocity and rof buff to compete with assault. On long range tho there is only one king and thats the krag. no assault weapon can kill 4 people in 6 seconds at 100+ meter.

As I said as long as he is ADAD spamming, good lack hitting the head between the travel time, the latency and the unpredictable no momentum direction change. It is a gamble that the bolt action will lose unless there is a large skill advantage in favor of the particular bolt action user

That is the core of the bolt action rifle. A highly skilled player will win that encounter even if the assault is adad spamming. the assault has to hit 4 consecutive body shots at 100+ meter to kill a sniper. really if you cant win that encounter its really up to your own aim rather than the assault being overpowered. within mid range(30-100m) I agree with you that the assault has the advantage.
  • GP-Caliber
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GP-Caliber said:

Higher muzzle velocity = better range. Many assault and support weapons have higher muzzle velocity than scout rifles, which makes them better at range than scout rifles.

If you're going to participate in a balance discussion then this really shouldn't be needed to explain to you.

this is not entirely true. recon weapons do have lower velocity, but they can one hit kill you at any range in the head. that makes a bolt action rifle alot better than the sar.

No.With a bolt action you HAVE to land a headshot or you are screwed due to the slow rpm. You also have to do this with a bullet velocity that is on par with smgs. Assault has rifles that nearly double the bullet velocity and they fire 4x the speed of a bolt action. For reference there is a dmr in game that fires 450 rpm, with a bullet velocity over 800 m/s, and is a 4 btk at ALL ranges. For comparison there are smgs that fire 514 or 540 rpm that are 4-8 btk. This doesn't even take into account these weapons get hip fire specs and they get 3x scopes without any glint.

im talking about bolt action rifle here. I do agree the slrs are terrible and need a huge velocity and rof buff to compete with assault. On long range tho there is only one king and thats the krag. no assault weapon can kill 4 people in 6 seconds at 100+ meter.

I don't believe the argument is whether Assault are too good at long distance, your right that range belongs to the bolt actions.

It's more that once you drop into the ranges of the 3x scope, where the majority of infantry combat takes place due to poor map design, the Assault SAR's are just phenomenal.

The mobility combined with muzzle velocity, ammo and very controllable recoil means you can ADAD any player whilst whizzing bullets at them and whittle them down.

They also have superb CQC weapons in the Sturmgewehr and the M1917 that are more than a match for the SMG'S but also have the ability to reach the ranges and damage outputs that the SMG's don't.

The easiest answer is to just take the 3x scopes from the majority of the SAR weapons. Those that keep them give them a little more recoil, scope glint (which should really be on all scoped weapons. Why only Recon?) and limit the ammo to say 10 bullets. They'll still be lethal, just not overkill.

Voila balance.

I agree with you the assault is within their respective range, miles ahead of the other classes. The guns are just to good, they have insane damage output with very little recoil.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is hardly a new perception, people said the same thing here on the forums about assault back in BF3 when we still had an independent anti-vehicle class.

The main complain about assault back in BF3 was because they fused medic and assault players together.
    Also remember people were coming from battlefield bad company 2, where the formula - Assault- engineer - Medic - Recon work very good.

- Assault had good rifle, ammo, launcher granade or smoke, or C4 based on what rifle he play.
    - Medic heavy machine gun, heal and revive
    - Engineer Sub machine rifle, Antitanks weapons (RPG or mines) and repair tool
    - Recon Sniper rifle, motions sensors, mortar strike or C4

(plus shotgun were available for all classes)

Maybe that not was perfect but worked like i said very good,  each class has a specific role and is still fun to play.

Back in BFV i can only find medic class balanced with  smg and smoke. Recon need some balance (remove light from x3 scope and put some smg to that class),  Support class should have Antitank weapon (piat, PF, or mines) and Assault class will be balanced (again remove x3 scope).

So there is

-Assault, anti infantry role: best rifles + laucher granade + dynamite
    -Medic, healing and revive role: SMG + Smoke
    -Support, Anti tank role, and support infantry: heavy machine gun, anti tank weapon, repairing tools, ammo box
    -Recon, spotting role: Sniper rifle and some smg, flares, infantry mines, and point of return.

It sounds good uh? ;)

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    GP-Caliber said:

As I said as long as he is ADAD spamming, good lack hitting the head between the travel time, the latency and the unpredictable no momentum direction change. It is a gamble that the bolt action will lose unless there is a large skill advantage in favor of the particular bolt action user

That is the core of the bolt action rifle. A highly skilled player will win that encounter even if the assault is adad spamming. the assault has to hit 4 consecutive body shots at 100+ meter to kill a sniper. really if you cant win that encounter its really up to your own aim rather than the assault being overpowered. within mid range(30-100m) I agree with you that the assault has the advantage.
    You're not considering one important thing: almost all semi-auto rifles in this game act like hitscan weapons so they hit the target almost instantly no matter the range. While bolt action rifle has significant bullet drop and low muzzle velocity. So no, you can't effectively hit moving targets beyond 150 meters all the time. While high capacity mags of semi-autos allow assault to spam you to death.
  • GP-Caliber
    GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

You're not considering one important thing: almost all semi-auto rifles in this game act like hitscan weapons so they hit the target almost instantly no matter the range. While bolt action rifle has significant bullet drop and low muzzle velocity. So no, you can't effectively hit moving targets beyond 150 meters all the time. While high capacity mags of semi-autos allow assault to spam you to death.

eehh yes you can hit moving targets consistently beyond 150 meters.

if you are being spammed to death by an assault at 150 meters you either:
    1. are to far out of cover.
    2. you dont move enough.

both scenarios its your own fault.
  • GP-Caliber
    Each time I try to run with iron sights as recon I soon realize that the assaults can often outsnipe me cause they can sport x3 scopes with no glint or other drawbacks

iron sight sniping sucks anyway. I agree that within their respective range an assault is to strong but at long range a krag with 6x scope will win the gunfight 100%
  • NuttysKunKs
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2nd this. The PIAT is a given 2 kills. reload and u got 5.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

2. you dont move enough.

lol so one class having the best weapons in the game is my fault somehow. Damn, that's deep.
  • GP-Caliber
    GP-Caliber said:

llPhantom_Limbll wrote: »
    GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

2. you dont move enough.

lol so one class having the best weapons in the game is my fault somehow. Damn, that's deep.

read what I said. We are talking about 150 meters and you ability to hit a moving target.
  • Hawxxeye
    5195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Each time I try to run with iron sights as recon I soon realize that the assaults can often outsnipe me cause they can sport x3 scopes with no glint or other drawbacks

iron sight sniping sucks anyway. I agree that within their respective range an assault is to strong but at long range a krag with 6x scope will win the gunfight 100%

At that extreme range the assault is not even obliged to fight the sniper since he is too far away to be a threat to the objective. That is the problem with bolt actions, if they are at a range where they have a large advantage one can chose to avoid them, especially in this game.
    Krag was the first rifle I got to level 10 and now that I am doing the same with the lee enfield I want to cry a bit
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

2. you dont move enough.

read what I said. We are talking about 150 meters and you ability to hit a moving target.
    It doesn't contradict with what I'm saying. Assault weapons > everything else at any range if there is no other considerations.
  • krliathbirdeate
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    It’s unbelievable that this class still isn’t balanced. The fact DICE thought this was a good idea in the beginning is mind numbing.

Why would you choose any other class, when you can just play battlefield V like it’s call of duty?

At least in other battlefields the class had a drawback. Like laying down to fire your anti tank weapon. Or not being anti tank to begin with.

Nope. Here assault can do anything and everything. Effectively making this game more easy then battlefield 1, and making it a borderline twitch shooter with tanks and planes.

I think its just based on your skill if you just complaining about a assult can kill you when you're a tank....
  • ragnarok013
    2915 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This is hardly a new perception, people said the same thing here on the forums about assault back in BF3 when we still had an independent anti-vehicle class.

The main complain about assault back in BF3 was because they fused medic and assault players together.
    Also remember people were coming from battlefield bad company 2, where the formula - Assault- engineer - Medic - Recon work very good.

- Assault had good rifle, ammo, launcher granade or smoke, or C4 based on what rifle he play.
    - Medic heavy machine gun, heal and revive
    - Engineer Sub machine rifle, Antitanks weapons (RPG or mines) and repair tool
    - Recon Sniper rifle, motions sensors, mortar strike or C4

(plus shotgun were available for all classes)

Maybe that not was perfect but worked like i said very good,  each class has a specific role and is still fun to play.

Back in BFV i can only find medic class balanced with  smg and smoke. Recon need some balance (remove light from x3 scope and put some smg to that class),  Support class should have Antitank weapon (piat, PF, or mines) and Assault class will be balanced (again remove x3 scope).

So there is

-Assault, anti infantry role: best rifles + laucher granade + dynamite
    -Medic, healing and revive role: SMG + Smoke
    -Support, Anti tank role, and support infantry: heavy machine gun, anti tank weapon, repairing tools, ammo box
    -Recon, spotting role: Sniper rifle and some smg, flares, infantry mines, and point of return.

It sounds good uh? ;)

I personally wish they'd go back to the BF3 classes and weapon distribution since it worked well - BF2's would also be good but I don't foresee that ever happening due to the sheer number of classes. I thought BC2's classes were illogical because medics would never hump an LMG since they need to be up front triaging not laying down suppressive fire in the back and assaults resupplying themselves with ammo was unbalanced.  I also disliked every class having DMRs in BF4 due to the crack crack crack spam and camping it promoted, and BF1\5's classes well we see where that got us.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They really need to fire DRUNKKZ3, the man got no vision and this is the whole lot of nothing it got us.
  • VOLBANKER
    877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @GP-Caliber : Something goes wrong with the quoted text when you reply - there are a ton of blank linebreaks between each line of quoted text. With your latest message I had to use page down 11 (!) times to scroll past your post. How can that be? Can you fix it somehow? Thx

• Kunstula
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This isn't about personal skills or abilities, this is about balanced gun stats. Weapons designed for shorter ranges should not have higher muzzle velocity than weapons specifically designed for the longest range. If you can't even understand why that should be, then no amount of discussing will make you see the logic in that I'm afraid.
  • GP-Caliber
    GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

GP-Caliber said:

2. you dont move enough.

It doesn't contradict with what I'm saying. Assault weapons > everything else at any range if there is no other considerations.

yes it does. your 'any range' part is not true. the dropoff in damage of the assault weapons make it weaker at long range than a BAR. the BAR has the advantage that no matter the distance it will always have the same bullets to kill if you use it properly(aiming for the head.)
  • GP-Caliber
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    @GP-Caliber : Something goes wrong with the quoted text when you reply - there are a ton of blank linebreaks between each line of quoted text. With your latest message I had to use page down 11 (!) times to scroll past your post. How can that be? Can you fix it somehow? Thx

I dont know what is happening but it seems to be only on specific parts.