Will Battlefield V supported after Chapter 5 ?

AristidesIV
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I wonder if this game is going all the way till the end of ww2 with the Russians as the last faction and battles like Stalingrad ,Berlin, battle of the Bulge.
And what is going to be the amount of maps we are getting ,anything below 22 (or more )  maps would be a disappointment.
A good supported game creates confidence to the customers for the next Bf installment.

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It depends on whether or not people keep buying enough BOINS to finance development.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if this game is going all the way till the end of ww2 with the Russians as the last faction and battles like Stalingrad ,Berlin, battle of the Bulge.
    And what is going to be the amount of maps we are getting ,anything below 22 (or more )  maps would be a disappointment.
    A good supported game creates confidence to the customers for the next Bf installment.
    Bringing the Russians as the last faction while telling us all the time that they are following Tides of War in the correct timeline, just shows how inconsistent Dice is.
    Not even keeping in mind that from now until the scheduled release is not only the " coming soon " that is typical for this Game but also the countless other Games Publishers and Developers which will release their Games.
  • Trokey66
    7790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It depends on whether or not people keep buying enough BOINS to finance development.
  • Stahlmach
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For what there has to be enough interesting stuff to buy ( and not just Gasmask fetish variant number 3 ) but also a content filled and fun game you want to play.
    BF V lacks both....
  • AristidesIV
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach said:
    Bringing the Russians as the last faction while telling us all the time that they are following Tides of War in the correct timeline, just shows how inconsistent Dice is.
    Not even keeping in mind that from now until the scheduled release is not only the " coming soon " that is typical for this Game but also the countless other Games Publishers and Developers which will release their Games.
    well we  dont even know if we are getting the Russians at all so the chronological order is of any importance at this point ..? the Brits are fighting Germans at Rotterdam which never even happened .:)
    I made peace with the soon thing we are asking a lot of things maps ,vehicles ,factions and they asked only one :Time , lets give them that and let them work, if at the end they dont deliver i simple wont support the new game. 
  • Stahlmach
    Stahlmach said:
    well we  dont even know if we are getting the Russians at all so the chronological order is of any importance at this point ..? the Brits are fighting Germans at Rotterdam which never even happened .:)
    I made peace with the soon thing we are asking a lot of things maps ,vehicles ,factions and they asked only one :Time , lets give them that and let them work, if at the end they dont deliver i simple wont support the new game. 
    They already didnt delivered right from the release. And with every step they are taking forward, they move two back. No, they had their time and they wasted it. While still wanting the full price for their product.
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    22 maps? LOLOLOLOLOL, you are killing me , stop it really stop it. Buddy you will be lucky to get two more maps by year-end.
  • AristidesIV
    22 maps? LOLOLOLOLOL, you are killing me , stop it really stop it. Buddy you will be lucky to get two more maps by year-end.
    hahaha i had  hign hopes
  • AristidesIV
    hahaha i had  hign hopes
    just to clarify i meant 22 including the vanilla maps so about 10-11 new but still you are probably right lol
  • GrizzGolf
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They really need some new weapons
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    If new BF is planned for 2020. then we will be lucky to get another faction after Americans.  USA will be added in November/December and then there is 6 month window until the reveal. But after next BF is revealed, it's all the hype and marketing which means there is no point to release more content for BF5.
    Post edited by YourLocalPlumber on
  • Dr_X2345
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that guess of 22 (total) maps isn't actually that unreasonable, and I think we will see at least one more chapter after 5, with a good chance of more. We're getting one map this chapter, a the first Greek map, then two more large scale maps in chapter 4 (second Greek map and most likely a Metro remaster) along with apparently some smaller maps which are designed for the new 5v5 mode(s) but depending on scale could potentially be used for small fixed area modes like Domination and Squad Conquest which is making a return. Then there's Chapter 5, which as it's bringing at least one new faction, the Americans, and likely the Japanese, will probably or at least hopefully bring two, three or even more maps.
    Then depending on how long the game is supported after chapter 5 - say we get two more chapters (which is hopefully an underestimate, but I'll be conservative and not create potential false hope) with two new maps each. That makes 1+1+2+2+2+2=10 new large scale maps since launch (assuming we only get two in Chapter 5, which may be understating it as well) - which makes 18 maps total after about 18 months of release. So not the best, but it's not awful and we don't know if I've cut the timescale short.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They will have to keep some kind of service going up until close to BF6 - BOIN revenue dependent of course, or else they are just doubling down on the PR disasters they have already made.
  • Trokey66
    7790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If new BF is planned for 2020, then we will be lucky to get another faction after Americans.  USA will be added in November/December and then there is 6 month window until the reveal. But after next BF is revealed, it's all the hype and marketing which means there is no point to release more content for BF5.

I suspect next BF may be tied to release of next gen which for Sony is back end of 2020 which potentially is best part of a year so we may be pleasantly surprised.

Doubt it but might be......
  • kinaba2894
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i agree Dr_X2345 said:
    I think that guess of 22 (total) maps isn't actually that unreasonable, and I think we will see at least one more chapter after 5, with a good chance of more. We're getting one map this chapter, a the first Greek map, then two more large scale maps in chapter 4 (second Greek map and most likely a Metro remaster) along with apparently some smaller maps which are designed for the new 5v5 mode(s) but depending on scale could potentially be used for small fixed area modes like Domination and Squad Conquest which is making a return. Then there's Chapter 5, which as it's bringing at least one new faction, the Americans, and likely the Japanese, will probably or at least hopefully bring two, three or even more maps.
    Then depending on how long the game is supported after chapter 5 - say we get two more chapters (which is hopefully an underestimate, but I'll be conservative and not create potential false hope) with two new maps each. That makes 1+1+2+2+2+2=10 new large scale maps since launch (assuming we only get two in Chapter 5, which may be understating it as well) - which makes 18 maps total after about 18 months of release. So not the best, but it's not awful and we don't know if I've cut the timescale short.
    i agree to this, i have the same estimation. I would really love that we get eastern front, but i am not hopefull about that. If the game becomes better and the boins mechanism works, i would love to the game keeps receiving support fore more time, so we can experience the whole war. 
  • kinaba2894
    edited April 16
    if EA knows that this is one of their better games, they need to shut up the criticism (if they want to get larger sales again) and get us a great game. They could give us a average game, and still be able to sell the next battlefield. But if they want the legendary level of sales of battlefield 3 and 1, they need to keep us happy with battlefield V.

Hopefully we could get italian front, eastern front, operations in germany in 1945. :3
  • kinaba2894
    edited April 16
    (sorry my comment was duplicated i dont know why, and i dont know how to erase it)
  • fragnstein
    287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    If new BF is planned for 2020, then we will be lucky to get another faction after Americans.  USA will be added in November/December and then there is 6 month window until the reveal. But after next BF is revealed, it's all the hype and marketing which means there is no point to release more content for BF5.

I suspect next BF may be tied to release of next gen which for Sony is back end of 2020 which potentially is best part of a year so we may be pleasantly surprised.

Doubt it but might be......

^this^. Plus it's gonna be next Gen frostbite from the ground up, so I wouldn't expect it to be this year
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I doubt we get 22.  That's wishful thinking.  Road map says one map in May and two in June.  Besides the other maps for 5vs5 which we didn't ask for.  So who knows.  But that's 12 regular maps.  Doubt we get ten more before years end.  But who know maybe they milk this game?  Cause next year is XBOX2 and PS5.  Doubt they have a Battlefield ready next year for them consoles.  Other then a remaster of BF5.