Is this game bent towards casual?

MBT_Layzan
1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I think it is, and are we happy about that?

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which check would you rather have deposited to your bank account, a dollar for every "casual" BFV player, or a dollar for each "competitive" player?  Given the obvious nature of the answer, why would you expect EA to not feel exactly the same?
  • MBT_Layzan
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry I'm a bit I guess too many beers. Just ignore.
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As has been said, all games are geared toward casuals. It's literally a video game whereby one assumes control of little army men and plays war.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    The last BF in the series that wasn't geared towards casuals was 2142. 
    Would kill for 2142 on frostbite. After the first few patches it was quite balanced yet could still be perceived as asymmetrical. Someone go get me my Voss
    I'd really really love that too. 
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16
    Rex_Holez wrote: »
    The last BF in the series that wasn't geared towards casuals was 2142. 
    Would kill for 2142 on frostbite. After the first few patches it was quite balanced yet could still be perceived as asymmetrical. Someone go get me my Voss
    Oh me too, had so much fun in 2142. The maps, the weapons, the squad play. Amazing game that hasn't been touched by any BF since. 
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has always been catered to the "casual" gamer.

There isn't much in terms of competitive gameplay in the BF series,  3 seems decent enough to lean into the competitive area.

BF1 had that incursions but I don't think there are servers for it anymore.

COD caters to the casual gamer not BF.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of course it is.
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No. This game is designed by and for the competitive mindset. Just take a look at the upcoming 5v5 competitive mode with exclusive maps, gadgets, soldier skins. However, aren't we all causal players who are looking for more 64p maps with more authentic WWII atmosphere?
  • SirSpectacle
    750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Define "casual"
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it is and yes most players are happy about that including me.

Doing something 'non casual' means putting in so much time and effort that it becomes a job. I already have one.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOLGotYerTags said:
    Battlefield has always been catered to the "casual" gamer.

There isn't much in terms of competitive gameplay in the BF series,  3 seems decent enough to lean into the competitive area.

BF1 had that incursions but I don't think there are servers for it anymore.

COD caters to the casual gamer not BF.
    So does BF. You can make it competitive with leagues and certain rules but the whole core is built for casuals. End of story.
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16

BFV is casuel and so have all BF games been. BFV is not different A game with 64 players will always be casuel.

Dice have tried several times to make it competitive, but it have never really worked and has not reach the competitive scene.

Although Dice implements 5x5 it does not make it competitive. It will still be casuals playing a competitive mod. It requires a lot more.
    Since BF don't have rental servers or a competition scene, it will remain casual.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BFV is imo for no one since almost the entire community has some serious gripes with the game.
    "casuals" find the TTK too fast or other flaws in this unfinished game
    "core"-fans or whatever you want to call them find the animations to be too infringing or general balance being worse then its ever been
    the list is endless and support for BFV will drop faster then the bombs in WW2 did
  • SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is imo for no one since almost the entire community has some serious gripes with the game.
    "casuals" find the TTK too fast or other flaws in this unfinished game
    "core"-fans or whatever you want to call them find the animations to be too infringing or general balance being worse then its ever been
    the list is endless and support for BFV will drop faster then the bombs in WW2 did

EA/Dice has made every imaginable mistake and is fighting a lost war imo. 
    Once confidence is lost and the rumor is out in the street, there is rarely any way back.
    They may have come to the same conclusion when we look at the current road map.
    My guess would be that they put all ressources in the next BF and just enough ressources to keep BFV alive.
    But imo live service is now just an empty word from the past without any content.