Netcode broken?

GrinddalDDG
463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hi all,

I have been getting some severe lag on the servers lately - I am low pinger (8-18).
It is not single players, but the whole server going down to very low framrates, especially during intense action.

Also getting player rubberbanding and telporting again.

Last night was litterally unplayable for me...

Anyone else with any similar issues?

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am on a PS4, and I am using a cable, not wifi.
  • GrinddalDDG
    Also seem to get into servers that are 2/3rds full. Never seem to get full servers anymore..
  • Jarp75
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes netcode went down the drain since a few weeks, I´m on PS4 Pro
  • ackers75
    2585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It never worked correctly from the start
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the best internet you can get in my neighborhood and it's wired. I even called my internet provider and they said everything was fine. Any other game works fine no input lag or netcode issues. This game is collecting dust until they fix it.
  • NLBartmaN
    4098 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds illogical, but try to change your DNS servers of your PS4 to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, it made things a lot better for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyojsxHfB4o&list=WL
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It sounds illogical, but try to change your DNS servers of your PS4 to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, it made things a lot better for me.

Changing DNS isnt one size fits all. If you want best results out of DNS then download freeware DNS Benchmark app on PC and run the test, then rebuild custom list (will take 35-38mins) and then you will see what dns is best for you. However no dns will resolve the issues with netcode.
  • NLBartmaN
    Vycinas2 said:

Changing DNS isnt one size fits all. If you want best results out of DNS then download freeware DNS Benchmark app on PC and run the test, then rebuild custom list (will take 35-38mins) and then you will see what dns is best for you. However no dns will resolve the issues with netcode.
    It resolved 95% for me.

Only high and very unstable pingers give TTD/hitreg/location issues for me, but things like footsteps, location and hitreg for stable and lower ping enemy players are fine now, the game feels 10 times smoother for me now.
  • GrinddalDDG
    It is not my DNS, all other games run smoothly, and before the last patch, BFV was much better than now.

I have never seen the game act like this before, it's like the whole game just stutters during intensive action.

• NLBartmaN
    It is not my DNS, all other games run smoothly, and before the last patch, BFV was much better than now.

I have never seen the game act like this before, it's like the whole game just stutters during intensive action.

That is what I thought too.

Until I changed the DNS servers ...

Do and think whatever you want, but I would give it a try ...
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Vycinas2 said:

Yea this is pretty much BS, Battlefield 5 is at fault here. The game was working fine until that firestorm patch screwed everything up. My download speed is 276.05mbps, latency is 58ms, packet loss 0.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:

It resolved 95% for me.

Only high and very unstable pingers give TTD/hitreg/location issues for me, but things like footsteps, location and hitreg for stable and lower ping enemy players are fine now, the game feels 10 times smoother for me now.

What you re experiencing is placebo affect. Had same thing with BF4 towards the end of its lifecycle. I can launch any online FPS game and my experience will be flawless, just the same as I was playing good old CS1.6 on weekend, but not on BFV.
  • NLBartmaN
    Vycinas2 said:
    Vycinas2 said:

It resolved 95% for me.

What you re experiencing is placebo affect. Had same thing with BF4 towards the end of its lifecycle. I can launch any online FPS game and my experience will be flawless, just the same as I was playing good old CS1.6 on weekend, but not on BFV.
    Again: I don't care what you think or do and am not going to discuss it with you, it worked for me (NO placebo effect, the netgraph shows clear differences in numbers) and it can do NO harm to try it yourself, you can always change it back if it does not work for you.

It takes max 2 minutes to do, including reboot of the PS4.
  • NLBartmaN
    Vycinas2 said:

Yea this is pretty much BS, Battlefield 5 is at fault here. The game was working fine until that firestorm patch screwed everything up.
    Again, think and do what you want, but I would advise to give it a try ... you can always change it back if it does nothing for you.

I don't think 95% of the problems is because of the Netcode (only the 5% lack of ping limit/too much compensation in simulating hit claims for unstable/high pingers)

I think a lot of the problems are beacuse of the Amazon Domain and the configuration of their virtual gameservers.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was it ever not broken?
  • Vycinas2
    Vycinas2 said:

Vycinas2 said:

It resolved 95% for me.

Again: I don't care what you think or do and am not going to discuss it with you, it worked for me (NO placebo effect, the netgraph shows clear differences in numbers) and it can do NO harm to try it yourself, you can always change it back if it does not work for you.

It takes max 2 minutes to do, including reboot of the PS4.

With attitude like that, enjoy your placebo affect. It wont last, and when p0*p hits the fan, dont start another cry thread like you did before. Have fun.
  • GrinddalDDG
    NLBartmaN said:

That is what I thought too.

Until I changed the DNS servers ...

Do and think whatever you want, but I would give it a try ...
    I will give it a go.
  • GrinddalDDG
    naitch44 said:
    Was it ever not broken?
    No, not really. Just whole new levels of broke atm.
  • ackers75
    2585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn’t realise this dns myth still existed.
    This was a thing years ago when I gamed on pc but it never made any difference
  • NLBartmaN
    ackers75 said:
    Didn’t realise this dns myth still existed.
    This was a thing years ago when I gamed on pc but it never made any difference
    Try the myth, will cost you 2 minutes and you can just as easy switch it back if it does not work for you.

My netgraph numbers changed a lot and I hear footsteps again, so for me the myth worked.