Weekly BF

While it’s nice to see DICE has finally given us a finished product...

Comments

• AristidesIV
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it seems better than when I left it...

Incase you couldn't tell, people around here really don't like people are defending, or even suggesting not to hate on, DICE.

Uhm the hate train also arrived on reddit some weeks ago ;)
    Apparently nobody cares that there's good things to say about the game. The graphics? Amazing. The problem is you have a disadvantage (framerate + asset loading wise) if you use them to their full potential so it's best left to use those in Single player. The gunplay? Pretty good. Just kinda annoying every gun is more accurate than they are in the future time set games (Somehow, WWII ARs and SMGs are more accurate than Modern day Snipers) and that would help TTK a little.
    There's definetly a lot they're doing right, and they don't get any love for it. It happens every BF game too. Things will continue to break as they add more stuff. That's always been the situation and that's always what will happen. I know I signed up for that. At this point, everyone should know that's what they signed up for. BF4 was broken up until after the last DLC released, yet now, it's one of the most polished games past 2010. Same thing with BF:H and BF1. Just give it time. Nobody is patient anymore and everyone pulls the "Well I paid a full $80 and I demand more" attitude yet doesn't realize that so did like... a lot of people. It's simply irrational to ignore everyone else's existence in the market and act like your $ is more valuable than literally everyone elses'.

Yes, it has nice graphics, and a lot of the gameplay is good, I (mostly) have fun playing BFV. But the network performance is still odd, there are still too many "one-frame" deaths, too many players moving like the proverbial cartoon ninjas. There are other serious issues outside game mechanics, e.g. the lack of rented servers, the weak anti-cheat, the lack of new content thanks to the Live Service business model (which EA has made a mess of in every game where they're tried it), and the developer's apparent confusion over whether they want a historically authentic game or a cartoonish fantasy game in a sort-of WWII setting. And that's the problem, in some ways BFV is very good, but its flaws are significant and really call into question how much of a future this game has. Most of this is due to EA's incompetence, they've actually chosen to do things that in the long run are going to hurt this game because many of their customers see these choices as serious problems. DICE's negative contribution seems to be a lack of insight into Frostbite and perhaps a lack of creative spark that produced generally better maps and other content in previous titles. So yeah, I know what you mean about the negativity some folks here display, I'm not afraid to say I'm still enjoying BFV. But I'm also doubting that I'll have much interest in BF6 if they repeat the sort of foolish decisions they've made in BFV.
    They've made their decision on what they want. They've clearly decided for something in the middle. If we're going to sit there and treat BFV like a hyper realistic WWII shooter, then we're clearly kidding ourselves. We need to realize that this is a Video game and should be treated as such. There's no reason to expect hyper reality in this situation. Sure, lots of people want a WWII game with Normandy + Stalingrad + Berlin, but that's not something the developers are interested in. Why would we make another WWII game with the same missions we've played dozens of times before in COD and other franchises? It doesn't make sense and will surely lead to BFV's lack of stand-out-ness that they tend to have. By focusing on these smaller battles, it actually shifts the focus to them also being important. But for real, would you rather have a 10th game that focuses on Normandy and the invasion of Berlin? or would you rather have something that's less stereotypical than that??? I know I'd like the latter over the former.
    I think EA really screwed the pooch on this one. They gave somewhat impossible deadlines (such that it's nearly impossible to come out on time without some flaws and that it had to be pushed back a few times). It's EA execs that said "If you don't like it, don't buy it" (which I can see but it's a bit ridiculous to not like the game because girls). EA pushed the lootboxes on other games. EA pushed the live service of the game, and EA knows that BF titles have issues when new content gets released so a continuous stream of content isn't the best idea. EA has done 90% of the things that are wrong here. Not to say DICE is faultless (I mean, look at their ability to do things), but at some point, you have to acknowledge who's really at fault here, and it's clear that it's not DICE.
    At this point, my advice for anyone that's still complaining non-stop about this game: Stop playing and stop caring. Move on to something else. Stop wasting energy on something you've said you don't like and you "know" won't be fixed. Stop spilling out personal hate towards individuals and leave. Nothing is keeping you here. Most of you have well over 20 hours in the game. You've gotten your money's worth at $3 (or less)/hr.
    i would definitely  would prefer the same old famous battles with the new graphics and the nice game play bf v have ,with interesting new maps designs and innovations.
    lets not fool ourselves here , i have seen literaly have seen all the  people asking for the famous battles ''and  you choose to go otherwise'' ? This is beyond logic.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

At this point, my advice for anyone that's still complaining non-stop about this game: Stop playing and stop caring. Move on to something else. Stop wasting energy on something you've said you don't like and you "know" won't be fixed. Stop spilling out personal hate towards individuals and leave. Nothing is keeping you here. Most of you have well over 20 hours in the game. You've gotten your money's worth at $3 (or less)/hr.
    People have the right to express their opinion in this forum. Why do you have to write something like this if not to provoke.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SirBobdk said:

People have the right to express their opinion in this forum. Why do you have to write something like this if not to provoke.

Yeah, I'm just here for the drama, I want to see if the devs/execs are going to do another bunker rant about how uneducated we are.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Apparently nobody cares that there's good things to say about the game. The graphics? Amazing. The problem is you have a disadvantage (framerate + asset loading wise) if you use them to their full potential so it's best left to use those in Single player. The gunplay? Pretty good. Just kinda annoying every gun is more accurate than they are in the future time set games (Somehow, WWII ARs and SMGs are more accurate than Modern day Snipers) and that would help TTK a little..There's definetly a lot they're doing right, and they don't get any love for it. It happens every BF game too. Things will continue to break as they add more stuff. That's always been the situation and that's always what will happen. I know I signed up for that. At this point, everyone should know that's what they signed up for. BF4 was broken up until after the last DLC released, yet now, it's one of the most polished games past 2010. Same thing with BF:H and BF1. Just give it time. Nobody is patient anymore and everyone pulls the "Well I paid a full $80 and I demand more" attitude yet doesn't realize that so did like... a lot of people. It's simply irrational to ignore everyone else's existence in the market and act like your $ is more valuable than literally everyone elses'.

Good graphics?? Are you joking. The game STILL has Minecraft graphics on several maps.
    What "minecraft" graphics are you talking about??? I need screenshots. Ultra Quality. If it's anything below high, it doesn't count.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 16

Apparently nobody cares that there's good things to say about the game. The graphics? Amazing. The problem is you have a disadvantage (framerate + asset loading wise) if you use them to their full potential so it's best left to use those in Single player. The gunplay? Pretty good. Just kinda annoying every gun is more accurate than they are in the future time set games (Somehow, WWII ARs and SMGs are more accurate than Modern day Snipers) and that would help TTK a little..There's definetly a lot they're doing right, and they don't get any love for it. It happens every BF game too. Things will continue to break as they add more stuff. That's always been the situation and that's always what will happen. I know I signed up for that. At this point, everyone should know that's what they signed up for. BF4 was broken up until after the last DLC released, yet now, it's one of the most polished games past 2010. Same thing with BF:H and BF1. Just give it time. Nobody is patient anymore and everyone pulls the "Well I paid a full $80 and I demand more" attitude yet doesn't realize that so did like... a lot of people. It's simply irrational to ignore everyone else's existence in the market and act like your $ is more valuable than literally everyone elses'.

Good graphics?? Are you joking. The game STILL has Minecraft graphics on several maps.
    What "minecraft" graphics are you talking about??? I need screenshots. Ultra Quality. If it's anything below high, it doesn't count.
    Just go on twisted steel and look at the trees lol
    Post edited by SpinachVsKale on
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just go on twisted still and look at the trees lol
    I don't even know what you're talking about. They look great from medium+ distance.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOL DUDE, a finished product 
  • Jarp75
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15

Incase you couldn't tell, people around here really don't like people are defending, or even suggesting not to hate on, DICE.
    Not at all good try tho :) When they released the first firestorm patch it got worse. The super bullets are back, hit reg is awful, netcode issues, latency issues, visibility is still a problem. They need to fix this ASAP.
    ^^This. Netcode got way worse than it was at launch.
  • SpinachVsKale
    Jarp75 said:

Not at all good try tho :) When they released the first firestorm patch it got worse. The super bullets are back, hit reg is awful, netcode issues, latency issues, visibility is still a problem. They need to fix this ASAP.
    ^^This. Netcode got way worse than it was at launch.
    Pretty much why I haven't touched the game since that first firestorm patch.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Apparently nobody cares that there's good things to say about the game. The graphics? Amazing. The problem is you have a disadvantage (framerate + asset loading wise) if you use them to their full potential so it's best left to use those in Single player. The gunplay? Pretty good. Just kinda annoying every gun is more accurate than they are in the future time set games (Somehow, WWII ARs and SMGs are more accurate than Modern day Snipers) and that would help TTK a little.
    There's definetly a lot they're doing right, and they don't get any love for it. It happens every BF game too. Things will continue to break as they add more stuff. That's always been the situation and that's always what will happen. I know I signed up for that. At this point, everyone should know that's what they signed up for. BF4 was broken up until after the last DLC released, yet now, it's one of the most polished games past 2010. Same thing with BF:H and BF1. Just give it time. Nobody is patient anymore and everyone pulls the "Well I paid a full $80 and I demand more" attitude yet doesn't realize that so did like... a lot of people. It's simply irrational to ignore everyone else's existence in the market and act like your $ is more valuable than literally everyone elses'.
    You're wrong, BF1 was fine on release, they broke it later so no, you saying it's the same doesn't make it so.
    BF1 was a mess on release.  I didn't play it until a year and a half after release.  I dealt with BF4 and my own server which was a complete mess and BF1 released as the second mess in a row.  I was done.  Believe it or not, BFV is the most polished release since BF3.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cylon0 said:

You're wrong, BF1 was fine on release, they broke it later so no, you saying it's the same doesn't make it so.
    BF1 was a mess on release.  I didn't play it until a year and a half after release.  I dealt with BF4 and my own server which was a complete mess and BF1 released as the second mess in a row.  I was done.  Believe it or not, BFV is the most polished release since BF3.

How then do you know it was a mess on release? I did die a lot back then and had my own issues to deal with but I didn't see the mess you're referring to. Are you one of those people who think TTK2.0 fixed the game but rarely even played BF1?
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must be playing another game because my version isn’t close to being a finished game
  • SpinachVsKale
    edited April 16
    I’ve wasted almost 4 years patiently waiting for EA/Dice to fix the buggy hotmess known as Star Wars Battleaffront, but it looks like I will be waiting forever. Eventually, they will leave this game as well to die slowly like Para-GONE when they work on BF6. 😕

2yq3y3jpg

Since the last patch, we’ve been seeing intermittent Minecraft trees on Xbox. I wish that was the only thing wrong with this tableau; unfortunately, low-rez foliage is the least of our problems these days:

Bad enough that the Predator is playing the game against us, yet I had no inkling Slenderman was also a World War 2 veteran. You could make the argument that I should count my blessings, as Mr. Slimshady is at least on my side this time. However, I expect better from a triple-A game.

And BTW, where the heck is the rest of my arm??? 😮 If I can levitate & animate a glove in midair like Dumbledore, I should be able to win the war using magick spells.
    This comment is awesome lol......love the references. Slenderman is always skating when the game starts.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a lot to say on the subject, but my post is awaiting approval :)
    It seems I may have been labeled "an enemy of the State." But I hope it finally appears.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cylon0 said:

BF3 rent a server program was broken like first day.  Ya rent it.  Make your friends admins and add some VIP's for those that join almost daily.  Then admins change your playlists.  Then I make a playlist.  Then after a while my playlist becomes invisible.  I know EA eventually gave me more servers for the same amount of time my broken server had.  After a while I had like 3 broken servers.  Last time i'll even bother paying for a server.  Also no clan support for BF1 or BF5.  Just a clan tag. 

No legit support like BF3 or Medal of Honor Warfighter.  BF4 had clan support I made a clan.  But most people I knew vanished or left the clan during BF3.  BF4 was boring metro/locker 24/7 with a million tickets.  That got old fast.  Also the vanilla maps were lame.  Hardly any good rent a servers with premium maps.  So the point is don't bother with premium any more cause it segregates the community.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    840 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just know posting this is going to jinx it, but the OP is kind of right.

The NetCode has been great for me the last week in multi player.
    I've finally gotten a chance to see what the TTK is like and it's actually not that bad. Have they made any changes behind the scenes recently?

I took a month out, but I've gotta say I'm really enjoying being back on BFV at the moment. Just gutted I missed Rush.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a lot to say on the subject, but my post is awaiting approval :)
    It seems I may have been labeled "an enemy of the State." But I hope it finally appears.
    Naa, some one is playing Pac Man

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice hails from Stockholm Sweden, the precise place where this documentary is filmed. It seems they (Sweden) have discovered a way to pollute the environment while boasting that it recycles over 95% of it's waste. If you watch this entire documentary, you see the citizens diligently sorting all their recycling into various containers, then driving to a place to put each type in it's proper bin, only to discover (or not) that instead of recycling these items, Stockholm simply burns it all and supposedly transfers it into "energy" (which really means heating water that runs through pipes that go into all the businesses and homes in the area during the winter months--but in Summer, it doesn't really do anything except add toxic fumes to the clouds that blow into other countries). Talk about heavy water!  (Where do you suppose DICE has learned their "redefinition" games?)

Watch the lady at the 12:10 mark, I really feel sorry for her. I pray God blesses her for trying to do what is right. (My heart goes out to her, she could be any one of us' grandmother).
    This is on topic because I draw parallels to systemic lying coming out of Stockholm as well as "heavy water". Please let the readers/viewers decide if it is on topic or not. It is with religious freedom that I post such things to show that there are principalities and spiritual forces over cities and countries. I have taken time in past posts/threads to show why DICE seems lackadaisical from an American viewpoint--and that it is only by understanding the concepts of "Fika" "Lagom" and "Jante Law" that you can understand DICE.
      -----
    I am doing DICE a favor by helping their mostly American player-base understand the company called "DICE". This documentary is a prime example.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You have to remember this isn't the same DICE that made sexy Bad Company 2.  All new people most likely top to bottom.