[Solved]Battlelog unable to launch game

SPARTACUSS61
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 25
Is battlelog down? Everytime i try to launch a game I get "unidentified game"  and need activation in origin.

[Mod edit: the link to the solution: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1528387/#Comment_1528387 ]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    1781 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 16
    @SPARTACUSS61

We are aware of the issue trying to start games using Battlelog and that you get an activation window coming up. The only workaround is starting Battlefield 4 using the origin launcher and not Battlelog. 

No eta on a fix but we are working on it. 

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Unidentified-game-problem/m-p/7800285#M231227
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One guy on reddit said that clearing the origin cache worked for him, but it did not work for me. Easy enough to give it a try.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
  • mdkiller187
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    is this a way to force people to use the origin launcher? how is this a hard fix for your programers?
  • HALC0NX4
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just After the new " update " of ORIGIN the disaster started !
    Thank you for recognizing you GUYS in EA have a Problem and screw it out,  thnks for working in a FIX ..... pronto c :smile:
  • letsroll9eleven
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just used Battlelog and Better Battlelog to see true player count and number of tickets then joined thru Origin. Worked. A little cumbersome , but better than going in blind.
  • CaptainHexagon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just used Battlelog and Better Battlelog to see true player count and number of tickets then joined thru Origin. Worked. A little cumbersome , but better than going in blind.
    I do the same.
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also, found last night you can no longer join on a friend from BF4 UI (in game).
  • dslabby
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It appears if you use IE and turn off Plug in free startup, it works as before.  Everyone else is pooched.
  • rob0tman5
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This still isn't fixed? smh
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The "we are aware of the problem" banner is gone. Odds they intentionally broke it?
  • Saint_Rookie
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    EA Online is overloaded at the moment, please try again in a minute or two 

and now this ; activation reqiured,

i cant play again. oh man such… grrrrrrr

it has been almost 8 years man how the f.. you could break something up

working on a fix? i wonder what else s gonna break something up later on..  
  • IRussao
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You need to use "Internet explorer", not the edge version or Firefox
    Then go to battlelog settings and turn off "Game Launch" (Use plugin-free game launching )
    then try to play any server, if it ask you to download anything, then download and install, then try to join.

It's atemp fix, once they fix revert the settings back to original.

• hellz2bepaid
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Still does not work with internet explorer!

• Aguap4nela
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    IRussao said:

Then go to battlelog settings and turn off "Game Launch" (Use plugin-free game launching )
    then try to play any server, if it ask you to download anything, then download and install, then try to join.

It's atemp fix, once they fix revert the settings back to original.

This Works for me
  • Captain_Price55
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    'origin this code has already been redeemed ' 80% bf4 players problems
  • Marty-gone-Boom
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 20
    same info on my "code has been used" (only owning a downloaded paid version) and my account is the same since the beginning, all the info is correct but still can't start in battlelog... and the origin game launch works but you can't change anything in there, it still is broken as it has been from the beginning... great way to[removed]players and long time battlefield veterans EA/DICE... great job... finally I got some days off from work and now I can't play the servers I like because I can't find them in the origin version (as the server browser is a piece of junk)

It shows full servers but everything is empty and I hate to get on empty servers to just sit around

please get the issue sorted out and get it working again... and battlelog was working fine until your programmers screwed it up

by the way... you need battlelog to report cheaters and hackers... but once in the game you are basically screwed because you can't leave the game once the round has ended until the next round has started... you could in the battlelog version by jumping back to the browser window with "Alt + Tab" and then leave the server that way... PLEASE fix your broken game I paid a lot for
  • Marty-gone-Boom
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    by the way... no way to change anything in the "origin game launcher" like the soldier portrait or the emblem, nothing... at least not in BF4... worst decission ever made by your company...
  • IRussao
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    by the way... no way to change anything in the "origin game launcher" like the soldier portrait or the emblem, nothing... at least not in BF4... worst decission ever made by your company...
    Like I said, you can still use battlelog, just do this:
    IRussao said:

It's atemp fix, once they fix, revert the settings back to original.

• Captain_Price55
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA Pleas repair this BF4 problem we waiting 4 days !
  • CrashCA
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Warning, conspiracy theory follows:

Broken because BF4 player count significantly exceeds BF1 and perhaps BFV, which we do not have player counts for.

You were warned.