Origin Client goofed up Battlefield Hardline, it will not start to load.

Redd_Sanford
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Right after the latest update to Origin Client, it would not allow Hardline to run, it wants a game code.  Tried repair, uninstall/reinstall, etc., problem has not been alleviated.  When looking at game Properties, selected game code, copied and pasted to Origin Client, comes up with code already submitted.  Of course, I already bought it four years ago.  So, why is it still wanting the code, and showing me the error for not valid?

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    you need to speak to a game advisor, help.ea.com
  • Redd_Sanford
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have already gone through the 'hoops' of the support and online adviser.  That is how I ended up on here.
  • Reddis27
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same problem. :/ 
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have already gone through the 'hoops' of the support and online adviser.  That is how I ended up on here.
    Nobody here has access to your account.  Only the game advisors have access to that, we cant even see what titles things you purchased, dlc etc.  There is zilch we can do here.  I will raise this with ea staff however.
  • EA_Rtas
    381 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    edited April 16
    Hey there @Redd_Sanford so Starscream is correct, unfortunately we don't have the tools here on the forum to fix issues that you would normally contact support for. From the looks of things the advisers you spoke to referred you to here in the hopes that we might be able to fix this for you but that isn't the case. 

However for this issue we are aware of it and are looking into it, but we don't currently have an ETA on a fix just yet.
  • A1den1296
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem...(((
  • ragnarok013
    3077 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 16
    Right after the latest update to Origin Client, it would not allow Hardline to run, it wants a game code.  Tried repair, uninstall/reinstall, etc., problem has not been alleviated.  When looking at game Properties, selected game code, copied and pasted to Origin Client, comes up with code already submitted.  Of course, I already bought it four years ago.  So, why is it still wanting the code, and showing me the error for not valid?
    Redd_Sanford  I have a fix for this issue that I've personally troubleshot. You must use Internet Explorer (not Edge) to use Battlelog. Next go into your Battlelog settins and uncheck the box next to "Use plugin-free game launching". Then you will be able to launch any Battlelog game as it is supposed to be launched without the error.

You will have to download the Battlelog plugin (the browser will do it automatically but you may have to accept it by clicking yes) before the game will allow you to launch. Chrome will not work since the plugin will not work with Google Chrome.
  • Redd_Sanford
    Redd_Sanford  I have a fix for this issue that I've personally troubleshot. You must use Internet Explorer (not Edge) to use Battlelog. Next go into your Battlelog settins and uncheck the box next to "Use plugin-free game launching". Then you will be able to launch any Battlelog game as it is supposed to be launched without the error.

You will have to download the Battlelog plugin (the browser will do it automatically but you may have to accept it by clicking yes) before the game will allow you to launch. Chrome will not work since the plugin will not work with Google Chrome.
    Yes, we need to go back to Internet Exploder to fix modern gaming!  I got the following info from 1973Chris:

Fix for Battlelog activation error 4/16/2019

Use IE nothing else make sure you have Plugin on battlelog screen hover mouse over your name top right screen click settings turn off
    Use plugin-free game launching and make sure IE is your default browser.

1973Chris provided this! 
  • cc2556
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just wanted to say thank you to Redd_Sanford & 1973Chis
  • Redd_Sanford
    EA_Rtas said:
    Hey there @Redd_Sanford so Starscream is correct, unfortunately we don't have the tools here on the forum to fix issues that you would normally contact support for. From the looks of things the advisers you spoke to referred you to here in the hopes that we might be able to fix this for you but that isn't the case. 

However for this issue we are aware of it and are looking into it, but we don't currently have an ETA on a fix just yet.
    If you really are from EA, you should pass down the temporary fix that got it working.  Let them know exactly what it is, and persist they fix it to work without browser plugin, like before.  Or they should integrate it into the launcher used for BF4/BFV, to alleviate this headache.  It is 2019, and we should not have to use the browser that is not of choice anymore.  My Windows 10 reminds me to make Edge the default browser.  Maybe you can ask them how to make a shortcut or script to launch the game through IE when it is not the default browser?
  • StarscreamUK
    edited April 18
    IF he really is from EA?

He is.

Origin are working on it.
  • ga480mer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same proplem !!!Haven't been able to get on ANY Hardline server from the Battlelog page. Origin keeps asking for a code I've entered and describes BFH as "unidentified game". They say this is an issue affecting many, and they continue to offer me a 15% discount on Origin store purchases. Not sure what to do with that....
    my specs

windows10 pro
    12gb ram 
    gtx 1050 3gb
    i5 4460
  • A1den1296
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please fix this problem
  • Redd_Sanford
    edited April 20
    IF he really is from EA?

He is.

Origin are working on it.
    Okay, I stand corrected, he is from EA, and cannot do anything.  Thanks for clarification.
  • Redd_Sanford
    cc2556 said:
    Just wanted to say thank you to Redd_Sanford & 1973Chis
    You're very welcome!  o:)
  • IIPrest0nII
    1781 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator