This Week in Battlefield V

Bouncing Betty Dog Tag

xHonest_Abe
100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
When you are fed up with k/d and assignments, relax and work on the Trap Supremacy Gold. It might take a while, but you don't risk you life and can do it on your spare time during the game. It usually takes two well placed lovely Betty's close together to spoil your enemies day.  :p Mines are nice too.  B) Why get stressed out, Trap Supremacy Gold is more rare than a gold plated weapon. The unfortunate enemy will see your Gold plated dog tag after stepping in your do do trap.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The irony is strong in this thread.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When you are fed up with k/d and assignments, relax and work on the Trap Supremacy Gold. It might take a while, but you don't risk you life and can do it on your spare time during the game. It usually takes two well placed lovely Betty's close together to spoil your enemies day.  :p Mines are nice too.  B) Why get stressed out, Trap Supremacy Gold is more rare than a gold plated weapon. The unfortunate enemy will see your Gold plated dog tag after stepping in your do do trap.

I dont have time to place Bettys, there are more important things to do rather than hoping for cheap cheesy kill.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    But the rage is strong with using AP Mines and worth winding up the enemy. Someone told me to poo myself last night along with calling me a **** type of player (true). Mission accomplished.  Up to 671 kills. I will equip the Trap Supremacy Gold Dogtag just for you OP :smiley:

Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But the rage is strong with using AP Mines and worth winding up the enemy up. Someone told me to poo myself last night along with calling me a **** type of player (true). Mission accomplished.  Up to 671 kills. I will equip the Trap Supremacy Gold Dogtag just for you OP :smiley:

Psychological warfare. Nice.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:

I dont have time to place Bettys, there are more important things to do rather than hoping for cheap cheesy kill.

Whats really cheesy is the fact that you can respawn after been blown to pieces by a betty in real life you would be dead!Your probably too busy camping on a hill or in a bush somewhere.

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:

xHonest_Abe wrote: »

Whats really cheesy is the fact that you can respawn after been blown to pieces by a betty in real life you would be dead!Your probably too busy camping on a hill or in a bush somewhere.

You re welcome to check my stats to measure epeen if you have to, but to save you some trouble general 2.x KPM and if I recal 3.2kpm with primaries indicates that I get up close and personal probably a lot more than you.

Dont compare real life with video games. If you strive for realism and no respawns you can always enlist yourself. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Sudan, Somali is very nice this time of the year.
  • xHonest_Abe
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield is a make believe game, and no one would carry a gold plated weapon into battle in real life. :D  To make the Betty work you can't camp, you have to be close up to all the enemy activity.  A "cheap kill", it sounds like you have met Bouncing Betty a few times in the past. How many hackers use Betty? never   o:)   Oh well, life goes on at the Battlefield.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 15
    Looks good :smiley: 

Edit, well it would look good if I could post a picture on these **** buggy forums :smiley:
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited April 15
    Deleted due to the forum being totally uninitiative and unwieldy
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is more amusing than putting a couple of Bettys on a Recon's spawn beacon?  Or putting down the mines, then being killed by an opponent who immediately runs straight to the mines and ragdolls over the edge of a cliff (two days ago)?  Fun is fun, the idea that there is only one valid way to enjoy yourself in a game is ridiculous.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Knowing there is a raging marbled duck somewhere makes it all worth while. Boobytrapping everything since Halflife.
  • biketankbob
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love my "bouncing Betty". Loved claynmore and  trip mines.
  • xHonest_Abe
    My dog Honest_Abe lays bouncing Betty's and mines in the back yard. I am very careful where I step. :p This will slow down anyone running.  :D You can have the worst stats on the battlefield, but one enemy stepping on your bouncing Betty will bring a smile on your face.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put them on the ammo supply dump.  Works like a charm.  Or narrow path ways like Fjell.  Devastation another map to hide them anywhere.  Here's a quick clip of me on Twisted steel in the north swap area.  I'm already down but my betty is near by.  hahahahahah

• Vycinas2
    If only Bouncy Betties were limited to 1 and even after resupplying and placing second one, first one would disappear...

I remember CoD WaW, everyone including their grandmothers were placing bouncing betties everywhere, but the difference in that it was visible unlike in this game, when 9 times out of 10 it looks like a part of terrain.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Vycinas2 said:
    If only Bouncy Betties were limited to 1 and even after resupplying and placing second one, first one would disappear...

I remember CoD WaW, everyone including their grandmothers were placing bouncing betties everywhere, but the difference in that it was visible unlike in this game, when 9 times out of 10 it looks like a part of terrain.

Ah the days before they patched out the underwater placement...
  • xHonest_Abe
    edited April 17
    Vycinas2 said:

I use to think that too, but do this and you will have more on Battlefield 5. Be a support player with an ammo box. Place the ammo box out and take out more ammo. You will discover you will have two Betty's. If you wait long enough you can take the second ammo out of the box, now you will have 3. Usually all you need is 2 placed together without large rocks of buildings blocking it, but a third Betty will make sure you will have a kill. Placing the third one will not disappear.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on
  • Vycinas2
    Vycinas2 said:

I use to think that too, but do this and you will have more on Battlefield 5. Be a support player with an ammo box. Place the ammo box out and take out more ammo. You will discover you will have two Betty's. If you what long enough you can take the second ammo out of the box, now you will have 3. Usually all you need is 2 placed together without large rocks of buildings blocking it, but a third Betty will make sure you will have a kill. Placing the second one will not disappear.

Unfortunately it does not disappear, the same way you could place 2 claymores in BF4, but in my opinion it should. I once saw 6 betties in the same place on Arras behind the church ammo box (Domination), I thought wow ok, but then next time I counted 11 or 12 in the same spot on the same map, same area, same game mode. Still got a screenshot somewhere. Ofcourse it was placed there by different players but still, thats beyond pathetic.

I understand trolling spawn beacons or prone mmg/scout campers, but that...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People must of read this thread.  Cause wow yesterday Betties were all over the place.  I walked through a few and lived.  But its nice being a medic to heal and go.
  • xHonest_Abe
    yep, Graw.... I walked over to the resupply boxes over at Hangar C and saw 6 of them today. I have not figure out when you kill with Betty in that situation, do you share some of the kill points or is it just the owner of the Betty that makes the kill. Oh well, I will keep quite on this post.

Road kill is what I am working on now. Some of these maps you can get at least one kill per vehicle. Running over snipers are my specialty. :D