Buff the only two shotguns pls

DrewZome
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am a lover of past battlefields specifically bf4 but I remember how fun shotguns and dmrs and such weapons were and I look at the shotguns in this game and I just get sad cause they're barely useful all the maps are too long range for the shotguns to have any use

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can use slug rounds on two of the shotguns. The Drilling has a secondary fire mode that lets it fire a rifle round.
  • LoliDominator
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can use slug rounds on two of the shotguns. The Drilling has a secondary fire mode that lets it fire a rifle round.

They nerfed the rifle round, i point blanked an enemy with rifle setting and only got a 20% indication.
  • Rab4tZ
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hell no, Shotguns are almost OP since the last patch
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My man have you heard of M1987? That thing is sweeper my boy! The range is decent and it fires at a satisfying rate
  • Hawxxeye
    5204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the buckshots are in a very good place right now
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    shotguns are fine...no nerfs or buffs needed ATM
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The buckshot specialization is fine, but the slugs on the other hand is something that needs to be looked at. They need to increase the 2HK on them to 40-50 meters for them to be viable.
  • Hawxxeye
    5204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The buckshot specialization is fine, but the slugs on the other hand is something that needs to be looked at. They need to increase the 2HK on them to 40-50 meters for them to be viable.

Aye the buckshots now manage to be even worse than bolt action rifles in their intended ranges outside of the 1hk zone
  • SpinachVsKale
    Hawxxeye said:

Aye the buckshots now manage to be even worse than bolt action rifles in their intended ranges outside of the 1hk zone
    you mean the slugs right not buckshot? Sorry, I'm a little confused on how you worded that.
  • Woodlbrad
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play a smaller game mode like tdm where shotguns are more viable.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 12g is already a beast.
  • SpinachVsKale
    Hawxxeye said:

Ok, I got your message you sent me. You were saying buckshots are in a good place while slugs need some help. Slugs are horrible in this game. Not sure if you seen my post about it. I was asking for slugs to have 1.5x upper chest multiplier so accurate shots extended the OHK out to 20m. I started to realize that this might be OP on PC. They should just increase the effective range on them. Their intended range is 30 meters with a 2HK. That's straight up pathetic in this game. This basically means your going to get outgunned by every class and even some pistols, but that's a whole different topic. Not sure if you used slugs in BF1, but the 2HK was 55 meters. You would think Dice would be smart enough to keep the same damage model from BF1 with how open and large these maps are in BF5. This is the hardest nerf slugs seen in the whole franchise. Here is the link about slugs I posted https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/182847/shotgun-slugs-are-pretty-pathetic#latest

• Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ill never get sick of sniping with my Drilling.

They nerfed the rifle round, i point blanked an enemy with rifle setting and only got a 20% indication.
    The Drilling Slushot deals deadly Oneshot-Headshots up to 200m (my longest shot) maybe even more.
    and i bet it got me a lot of reports over time XD
  • y_j_es_i
    1338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What they need to do is introduce some maps with a greater proportion of CQC and short range combat