Weekly BF

This game ruined my love for Battlefield

CrizzPBacon
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I used to play Call of Duty religiously until I found Battlefield Bad Company. Loved every game since...until BF1. I was convinced BF5 would make up for it until they announced yet another WW2 setting but I gave it a chance ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED YET AGAIN. Yes, graphics are stunning good job! Other than that it feels like the end of Battlefield for me. Everyone grows older sooner or later, probably later. It feels like a cartooned version of what call of duty was in 2012. RIP BFV

Comments

• Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "It has become a totally different game and only a shadow of itself. Most has to do with map design and vehicle play imo."

This was clear as water since the first 20 minutes of BF1 beta...
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    As much as I loved BC2, it changed the game for BF, and brought in a lot of CoD players.
    As a BF OG, the game is nothing like it was pre BC.
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I loved BC2, it changed the game for BF, and brought in a lot of CoD players.

I think you meant to say that bf1 brought in a lot of cod players.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield is only a franchise name. Nearly all of the people who made these games what they are have moved on to other companies.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to play Call of Duty religiously until I found Battlefield Bad Company. Loved every game since...until BF1. I was convinced BF5 would make up for it until they announced yet another WW2 setting but I gave it a chance ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED YET AGAIN. Yes, graphics are stunning good job! Other than that it feels like the end of Battlefield for me. Everyone grows older sooner or later, probably later. It feels like a cartooned version of what call of duty was in 2012. RIP BFV

Ironically, it was Bad Company that made me leave the Battlefield franchise. It had a weird tone and didn’t feel like “real” Battlefield game, I thought. BF1 was the game that brought me back again. Basically, the opposite of OP; people like different things.

Call of Duty I haven’t played since the very first one, but I liked it.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree that V is awful, but I'll never understand the hate for BF1. Sure it was an era no one really asked for and all of the tech was obviously from that era, but the game itself was gorgeous, had great audio and played very well. Snipers and the sweet spot were annoying but the game didn't play at CoD light speed. You could actually use strategy and not this zerg from flag to flag you got in V.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think you meant to say that bf1 brought in a lot of cod players.
    Believe me, BC2 brought in a good chunk. Much more cqc focused and fast paced than bf1.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I wasn't happy with BF1.  The vanilla maps were lame other then Argonne forest.  BF5 is so so.  My guess we get NAM next.  Be easy to port over the outfits and what not for NAM.  Also the sand bag and digging feature be carried over.  DICE just needs NAM weapons and jungle trees.
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's some really harsh criticism of this game. BFV isn't horrible. It's actually pretty good, it's just lacking maps and content now.  It needs BIG, OPEN Battlefield maps.  .......please Dice.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same feelings here. Leaving BFV dead till next BFBC3 in 2020. I have high hopes for this game
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

This is absolutely accurate... afterwards BF3 took the same formula and served it to PC and consoles.

And that's why I think BF4 is the best "next gen" Battlefield because it managed to have both BF2 styled large maps (Golmud, Karelia, Whiteout) and Bc2/BF3 close quarters maps (Locker, Flood Zone, Outbreak). Although I always prefer big vehicle focused maps, I don't mind playing some meat grind now and then...
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is absolutely accurate... afterwards BF3 took the same formula and served it to PC and consoles.

And that's why I think BF4 is the best "next gen" Battlefield because it managed to have both BF2 styled large maps (Golmud, Karelia, Whiteout) and Bc2/BF3 close quarters maps (Locker, Flood Zone, Outbreak). Although I always prefer big vehicle focused maps, I don't mind playing some meat grind now and then...
    There is a distinct difference between what BC2 brought to the table, and the abominations of BF4 and beyond. These so called close quarter BF4 maps were horribly designed and had little thought put into them. On the other hand, BC2 offered thoughtful and strategic gameplay with sound game design. Comparing a great game to a broken failure is just foolishness. 
  • mrtwotimes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Geez get over yourself, I'm sure a TON of people have played the BF franchise from the beginning including myself.   That really doesn't mean anything and games evolve over years.  
  • TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA has ruined this franchise imo. In true EA style they have took a solid franchise and have slowly turned it into a shell of  its former self in a bid to monetize the game more and keep shareholders happy.

Dice no longer make games for gamers,they help EA create skinner boxes wrapped up and disguised as a game So the ceo/shareholders can buy more gold toilet seats while also kicking their employees out on the kerb.

Dice need to do a bungie and split from this parasitic entity they call EA and go their own way,start a new studio if need be,all EA will do is run dice into the ground.

heck even if your a successful developer and make a publisher record profits they  have no problem sacking those same employees,its crazy.

Not only do these companies have absolutely zero morals and treat customers and employees like cattle and will disgard them on a whim(even if successful) ,most of them dont even pay taxes like the rest of us have to do.

Its about time some of these publishers were treated like the parasites they are,make them pay their fair share of taxes,dont purchase their products and never ever work for them.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11097 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    EA has ruined this franchise imo. In true EA style they have took a solid franchise and have slowly turned it into a shell of  its former self in a bid to monetize the game more and keep shareholders happy.

Dice no longer make games for gamers,they help EA create skinner boxes wrapped up and disguised as a game So the ceo/shareholders can buy more gold toilet seats while also kicking their employees out on the kerb.

Dice need to do a bungie and split from this parasitic entity they call EA and go their own way,start a new studio if need be,all EA will do is run dice into the ground.

heck even if your a successful developer and make a publisher record profits they  have no problem sacking those same employees,its crazy.

Not only do these companies have absolutely zero morals and treat customers and employees like cattle and will disgard them on a whim(even if successful) ,most of them dont even pay taxes like the rest of us have to do.

Its about time some of these publishers were treated like the parasites they are,make them pay their fair share of taxes,dont purchase their products and never ever work for them.

You do realize that bungie/Activision had a publishing partnership; however, EA actually owns dice.
  • Noodlesocks
    3073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it was the opposite. After Battlefield 2142, I felt all the Battlefield games afterwards were a bit rubbish until Battlefield 1. BF1 has been my favourite Battlefield game since the original PC games.

However, what I think we can both agree on is that BF5 is generally pretty guff all around.
  • TamKingski
    1745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    TamKingski wrote: »

You do realize that bungie/Activision had a publishing partnership; however, EA actually owns dice.
    I do. Regardless if EA owns dice,they cant stop the dev team from leaving and going their own way. Sure they might not be able to call themselves dice but atleast they wont be forced to create skinner boxes and live under the threat of being tossed to the curb at the ceo's whim so he and his shareholder friends can pocket all the profits.

These publishers have shown that even if a dev team creates a game that nets them record profits they will still lose their jobs to sociopath ceo' s who value profits/greed/shareholders happiness more than that of the very people who made them that cash in the first place. 

The video game industry is currntly broken,not only is it now very anti consumer but anti employee rights too. and its all thanks to a certain handfull of publishers ran by sociopath ceo's.

Why anyone would want to work for any of these companies and their morally bankrupt bosses/ceos is beyond me.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This franchise needs a reboot in a major way... starting with the leadership at DICE. They need to go. Asap.