This Week in Battlefield V

Maps when?

okiie_918
130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
When are we supposed to get new maps for conquest? Timeline looks like my teenage kid did it in a hurry.. I still struggle to understand DICE and the way they think and do stuff. Priorities should be conquest, squad cq, and new maps. For this is what made battlefield the franchise it is! It's not rocket science to figure this out really it's not.. Getting harder to defend the franchise!

Comments

• IIIIUNREALIIII
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mercury in May. DICE logic--->> 30th May
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same it is getting harder to defend this game,I've started to wake up.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF6 I guess
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They've had it announced that new maps are coming soon. It's been announced for a while.
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did we say May? We meant June our bad
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 17
    Trully, i am so sick  fighting on same maps/locations already... They,  shouldn't make Firestorm, aka cheap BR, instead they should give us 4-6 epic new maps to fight on. Iám disappointed from EA because they wasted resources and time for creating Firestorm ( which has no place in Battlefield game) instead of creating new exiting maps for my favorite game. EA , for 6 months we got only one map! Come on, we deserve more for the money we pay!
  • GrizzGolf
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What about some new weapons
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling they re gonna take whole fire storm map, cut it in half and give us 2 "new" maps.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 said:
    I have a feeling they re gonna take whole fire storm map, cut it in half and give us 2 "new" maps.
    DICE bastardised the existing maps for Squad Conquest and Rush so this is 100% likely
  • Ameriken05
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would stay patient and excited.  We are getting two maps focused on just the Battle of Greece and hints at at least a few Pacific maps this fall.  Obviously content push on this game is a slow burn but can't complain too much because it's free and the player base will not get divided by any paywalls.  Do I miss the guaranteed content of premium - sure, but I won't miss how half of that content will be dead and empty a few months later because half the player base doesn't have it.  And we should be glad they put BR into the game as it could add to the fanbase and revenue of the game and hopefully extend out the WW2 content timeline.  Hopefully, hopefully they keep the content going until the next gen consoles are released and it's time for a fully upgraded BF title.  That means we have a full 1 1/2 years plus of WW2 content, and with Pacific already on the roadmap I would expect a very busy 2020 with Eastern Front, Italy, France, Germany, etc.  

Buck up :) 

[CBRA] CPT CALIGULA
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would stay patient and excited.  We are getting two maps focused on just the Battle of Greece and hints at at least a few Pacific maps this fall.  Obviously content push on this game is a slow burn but can't complain too much because it's free and the player base will not get divided by any paywalls.  Do I miss the guaranteed content of premium - sure, but I won't miss how half of that content will be dead and empty a few months later because half the player base doesn't have it.  And we should be glad they put BR into the game as it could add to the fanbase and revenue of the game and hopefully extend out the WW2 content timeline.  Hopefully, hopefully they keep the content going until the next gen consoles are released and it's time for a fully upgraded BF title.  That means we have a full 1 1/2 years plus of WW2 content, and with Pacific already on the roadmap I would expect a very busy 2020 with Eastern Front, Italy, France, Germany, etc.  

[CBRA] CPT CALIGULA
    Free? Perhaps after we have our 9-10 maps, then the rest are “free”.
  • Ameriken05
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

[CBRA] CPT CALIGULA
    Well with Panzerstorm and now Halvoy I'd say the game is pretty close to 100% of what base content should have been, so yes moving forward the 2-3 maps coming later this summer are free, not to mention what will most likely accompany the opening of the Pacific theater.  Sounds like 5-6 maps coming this year (Mercury, Marita, Urban CQM maps, Mystery "Battlefield Fan" Map, 1-4 Pacific Maps?)
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach said:
    " Coming soon ".....
    Careful, that's trademarked.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

[CBRA] CPT CALIGULA
    The BF1 DLC stayed alive all the time because of the mixed servers and it being free later on, there wasn't a problem with it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    May 30?  Or is that the last day of the month and everyone just using that day to play it safe?  hahaahhah
  • Ameriken05
    edited April 17
    Was that before or after BFV released?  Because I know I was having trouble finding any servers with the DLC (any game mode, except maybe occasionally a mixed grand operation server).  Were they all made 100% free or just short periods of free access?  We even tried to go back and play some BF1 randomly a few weeks ago and have to say it was difficult to find a game (Xbox, US east coast).  It is unfortunate because if I had my way I'd jump between BF4, BF1, and BF5 to keep everything fresh.

Speaking of which - a true Battlefield live service with some sort of monthly/annual premium could enable them to update/expand content in all eras in parallel.  That would be something - actually make sense of that Battlefield menu where you can jump back and forth between WW1, WW2, Modern, and anything else they come out with.  You get sick of it or they aren't living up to content promises you simply cancel your premium account until you feel like jumping back in.  Maybe parts of the game could be F2P.  Would love for them to take BF4 as a baseline and keep updating/expanding the modern era, or keep building out WW1 battlefields, and have no limit to what content drops for WW2.  Keep on upgrading, improving, balancing each war instead of reinventing the wheel with every release.  I think it's time!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

[CBRA] CPT CALIGULA
    Well with Panzerstorm and now Halvoy I'd say the game is pretty close to 100% of what base content should have been, so yes moving forward the 2-3 maps coming later this summer are free, not to mention what will most likely accompany the opening of the Pacific theater.  Sounds like 5-6 maps coming this year (Mercury, Marita, Urban CQM maps, Mystery "Battlefield Fan" Map, 1-4 Pacific Maps?)
    With the maps we have now, we're past base BF1 and BF4 map count. And the spectacle of some of the recently released maps (Firestorm for example) really shows how much actually went into them. Considering their size (Firestorm's map is an estimated 4x Hamada in size) and their detail level, it feels like, there's a lot missing from individual areas, but overall, lots is there. If we were to put the content from Firestorm's map into a Rotterdam sized map, it would be more cluttered than any other BF game to date.
    Work went into these maps. Just because some don't prefer to play them doesn't mean that the maps don't exist and content wasn't delivered.