Weekly Debrief

votemap

KrullBorg
86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
please reenter votemap, at least as in bf1

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Long as people vote for Fjell or Devastation or Twisted Steel sure.  If they skip them then I hate this idea.  I want my way or the highway.  But we need more maps.  Wouldn't take long to skip through entire playlist in a few hours of play.  But this could turn into BF2MC.  I remember tail end of that game on 360.  Seemed we played the same two maps.

But then again I do that now.  I only join servers that are playing maps I like.  But then sometimes i'm joining in progress and its almost over.  Then I tried to see if certain maps were before my favorite.  Like same playlist.  But not all servers are same playlist.
  • Noodlesocks
    2890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to have votemap back if they aren't going to offer community servers or playlists. Will help break up the cycle better.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to have rental servers so we could choose our own rotation and number of maps. Even 24/7 maps.
  • Trokey66
    8387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope!

It sounded good in principle but was terrible in practice.
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Nope!

This^^

I was all for a map vote in bf1,they added one and i quickly regretted it.
    The community quickly found a preferred map list resulting in certain unpopular maps being difficult to get a match on. Or a server suddenly dying because a chunk of the players didn't get the map they voted for.

A set rotation is fair for all imo. 
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually really liked it.  I generally preferred the maps that most other people seemed to like too.  So whilst it sometimes means that I had to play a map I would rather not (or I could quit), I mostly got to play on the maps I enjoyed.  I can understand how people who preferred the less popular maps may have found that frustrating though.

Also, some maps seemed to be server killers in BF1, so map voting helped keep a server up and running.  I'm not sure that's as much of an issue in BFV as servers seem to re-fill pretty quickly - I'm guessing more people are using quick match perhaps.
  • ElliotLH
    8397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thank you. I get why some people like map voting but I'd just personally rather play a fixed rotation.
  • DavTan
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Nope!

NO , It sounded rubbish in principle and was terrible in practice.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Nope!

This^^

I was all for a map vote in bf1,they added one and i quickly regretted it.
    The community quickly found a preferred map list resulting in certain unpopular maps being difficult to get a match on. Or a server suddenly dying because a chunk of the players didn't get the map they voted for.

A set rotation is fair for all imo. 
    I never really saw it like this but I can see your point.

For me voting on not playing Hamada or Fjell would mean I don't have to leave but I guess these two would become completely bereft of players and there are some that like it still.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

For me voting on not playing Hamada or Fjell would mean I don't have to leave but I guess these two would become completely bereft of players and there are some that like it still.
    Hamada should have had a town at A flag (Like sinai) and fjell should have had bases and tunnels in side the mountains. That would have made them more interesting to play. Same with other maps. Maps can be designed in a way so it caters to all types of game play, but also creates a balance between vehicle, infantry and classes. Unfortunately, this is not the case in BFV why a desire for vote a map option arises. There are too many maps people don't like and it's not the same ones.
    A Vote map option is not the solution imo. Increasing the quality of existing maps could be.

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No, instead make a loss not count if you join a losing team and let people see the game progress before joining the server, some people don't want to waste their own and others time by joining to leave right away again over and over till they get the right map at the right stage.