Weekly BF

Please don't tell me the AP mines got buffed again

CaptHotah
1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Again i'm dying from 1 mine at full hp. TDM is full of them again.

Comments

• PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How do you know it's one mine? 
  • mrtwotimes
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Double up!
  • CaptHotah
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you know it's one mine? 
    because one doesn't detonate the other one, it just triggers it wich makes it pop up then explode. i die from the first explosion everytime.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    Again i'm dying from 1 mine at full hp. TDM is full of them again.

I think it's back to the usual one shot kill nonsense
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1919 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's still only a OHK if you stand on it and dont move - ie at a supply station. Run through it and it isn't - ie a door way. That's what i can gather anyway
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    I don't think Betty has been buffed, she's pretty damn alright already.

I always double up or even triple up - getting plenty of double and triple kills - totalling 749 kills now!
  • Hawxxeye
    6035 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    people just use them  more often , it is still a 2 hk kill
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always plant 2 to 3 of them for the guaranteed kill. Currently I have 1935 kills. I even get quadriple kills ;)
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't a guaranteed one hit kill, but if you remain stationary near ground zero, it will be fatal. To me it seems DICE reverted them to their original state, since the damage curve is not consistent like they described a couple of patches ago.
  • DingoKillr
    3677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    They should be a one hit kill in my opinion.

What I do not understand is the need for 3 classes to have them. Not only does it show a complete lack of imagination on Dice’s part when it come to gadgets, it is also absolutely absurde they don’t consider the spam of these things on non-vehicle maps and gamemodes.

It really is a decision like this that makes me question abilities or competence in Dice. 
    But Infantry main maps I am not worried about spam as majority of players are still Assault.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used to use them, but it just seemed cheap, so I went over to the grenade launcher, which imo is more rewarding.

Don’t get killed alot by them, but lately I have noticed an increase, and the people that use them are often cheap and lack proper sportmanship.

I have often seen players put them on themselves while lying prone as a camper, and when one is clever enough to sneak up and get a melee kill, they detonate and kill us both, so they would rather kill themselves than let a player get rewarded for getting close enough to get the melee kill.

So when someone writes they have so and so many kills with the bettys’, I do not think its a sign of skill, rather abuse of a non skill cheap tool.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I used to use them, but it just seemed cheap, so I went over to the grenade launcher, which imo is more rewarding.

Don’t get killed alot by them, but lately I have noticed an increase, and the people that use them are often cheap and lack proper sportmanship.

I have often seen players put them on themselves while lying prone as a camper, and when one is clever enough to sneak up and get a melee kill, they detonate and kill us both, so they would rather kill themselves than let a player get rewarded for getting close enough to get the melee kill.

So when someone writes they have so and so many kills with the bettys’, I do not think its a sign of skill, rather abuse of a non skill cheap tool.
    It's not a sign of skill but it is fun and often amusing using AP mines. 

Sportsmanship? It's not sport it's war - well a virtual battle but you can catch my drift
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sportsmanship? It's not sport it's war - well a virtual battle but you can catch my drift
    You have your opinion, I have mine.

I think it is a sign of the modern player, and the influx of CoD players who tend to be a bit more trollish.

In older BFs, people had class, and honor. 

Lying prone with the most op MMG, sorrounding yourself with betties, is to me everything that is wrong with BF V.

If you love it, more power to ya, but it’s not my cup of tea.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Hawxxeye said:
    people just use them  more often , it is still a 2 hk kill
    Sometimes a 1-hit kill if placed correct + luck :)
  • Trokey66
    8549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The more people complain, the more they will be used.

Why do you think I have so many wimmin in my Company?
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:

I think it is a sign of the modern player, and the influx of CoD players who tend to be a bit more trollish.

Lying prone with the most op MMG, sorrounding yourself with betties, is to me everything that is wrong with BF V.

LOL at “In older BFs, people had class, and honor”.

In BF1942, your own teammates would shoot you in the back, as you ran towards the airplanes at the beginning of a match. In BF2 the helicopter pilot would hover near the out of bounds, so that the pilot was inside, but the gunner was outside, therefore getting killed for being AWOL. Just so they could have the toy for themselves.
  • GrinddalDDG
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:

In BF1942, your own teammates would shoot you in the back, as you ran towards the airplanes at the beginning of a match. In BF2 the helicopter pilot would hover near the out of bounds, so that the pilot was inside, but the gunner was outside, therefore getting killed for being AWOL. Just so they could have the toy for themselves.

Sure you had ****, like in every corner of life.

My opinion is that, modern gamers do these antics way more:)

If you had a different opinion, fair enough.

I just saw much more honor and class when I played, especially BF2. Maybe it was because I was in a clan and only really played against other clans.

• Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:

Sure you had ****, like in every corner of life.

My opinion is that, modern gamers do these antics way more:)

If you had a different opinion, fair enough.

I just saw much more honor and class when I played, especially BF2. Maybe it was because I was in a clan and only really played against other clans.

Did your clan not use the claymores in BF2? ;)