high ping

KrullBorg
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
please reenter automatic kick for people with high ping as in some servers in bf4

Comments

• Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no worries...they leave anyway bc they can't have a nice gameplay anyway
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg wrote: »
    please reenter automatic kick for people with high ping as in some servers in bf4
    What would you class as high ping?

I don’t seem to struggle (no matter what pings are in the server). Maybe because I only play TDM (smaller servers?)
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I consider any ping higher than 80ms to be high ping 150> extreme.

If we had RSP I would kick/ban anyone with ping higher than 55ms.
  • KrullBorg
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100 is the max possible; but yet >65 is high
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Billydoc1 said:

Do they though?
  • KrullBorg
    Billydoc1 said:

absolutely false; they remain in game almost always, ruining the entire match

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    Billydoc1 said:

Agreed, last night I watched guys with pings over 200ms play entire rounds, and they were visibly out of sync with everyone else in the server.  There should be a hard ping cap of 100-120ms, there is no good reason for anyone with latency higher than that to be in the server because it degrades game quality.  I'd by okay with there being a few inter-region servers so overseas friends could play together.  But nobody who plays in his own region should be forced into servers with laggy out-of-region players.  Whether or not the OOR players are having a good time is irrelevant, they are spoiling the game for everyone else.  This is one more reason why rented servers with admins are badly missed in this game.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KrullBorg said:
    Billydoc1 said:

Agreed, last night I watched guys with pings over 200ms play entire rounds, and they were visibly out of sync with everyone else in the server.  There should be a hard ping cap of 100-120ms, there is no good reason for anyone with latency higher than that to be in the server because it degrades game quality.  I'd by okay with there being a few inter-region servers so overseas friends could play together.  But nobody who plays in his own region should be forced into servers with laggy out-of-region players.  Whether or not the OOR players are having a good time is irrelevant, they are spoiling the game for everyone else.  This is one more reason why rented servers with admins are badly missed in this game.

Like I've been saying, what's the harm in making the servers half and half, pingcap one part hard for those who don't want this to be a factor in their gameplay and leave the rest open for people who want to play with friends from across the world or teleporting players from the future.
  • von_Campenstein
    edited April 17
    Me personally I won't ever get another BF game again if this issue isn't sorted, just came off a game where OOR players were bragging how much they owned with their sweet 100+ ping while the whole experience was lotto. No I didn't get owned, I was top of my team when I decided I had had enough of that server.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg wrote: »

I would never get to play. Mine is always 65-80. Always. And my connection is stellar. Its theory stupid AWS server providers
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    I consider any ping higher than 80ms to be high ping 150> extreme.

If we had RSP I would kick/ban anyone with ping higher than 55ms.

On that basis I could not play with my American friend (who I have been gaming with for 9 years).

My ping on UK servers is around 19 whilst on US East around 90. Although I can easily top leaderboard on both I have the edge on UK servers.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    Billydoc1 said:

when i have ping higher than 150ms i leave the server
    it's bad
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    It really isn't the max possible.  I've seen pings hit 999 on servers.  Obviously their experience is probably terrible, but 100 is not the max.  I regularly see people playing with pings in the 150-200 range.
  • Billydoc1
    WetFishDB said:
    KrullBorg said:
    It really isn't the max possible.  I've seen pings hit 999 on servers.  Obviously their experience is probably terrible, but 100 is not the max.  I regularly see people playing with pings in the 150-200 range.
    when i have 155 or 200 the gameplay is very bad & i always leave the server
    i am sure that other players with a similar ping they have to leave the server
  • StealthAria
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It isn't uncommon for American players to have close to 100ms ping even when playing on the right servers, a lot of the service providers over here have yet to adopt fiber optic technology.
    Ping can also vary quite a bit.  Some days my ping will sit at a nice low 19ms, others it hovers around 60 while still on the same server.  And every once in a while my ISP screws me over with some BS service packet that blasts my ping close  to 2000ms (no extra zeros here boys, it's seriously a full 2 second delay) for up to a few days at a time.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've started sending messages to high ping players. Most don't realize what's going on. A lot seem to use wifi....
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    diagoro said:
    I've started sending messages to high ping players. Most don't realize what's going on. A lot seem to use wifi....
    Yeah, Good luck with that.
    "Bone-for-Tuna" as Nucky Thompson would say.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    WetFishDB said:

KrullBorg said:

when i have 155 or 200 the gameplay is very bad & i always leave the server
    i am sure that other players with a similar ping they have to leave the server

I can imagine the experience is terrible at those pings. I’m lucky that I can play with pings of 11, 25, or 90 in UK, Germany, and North America.

And my performance doesn’t seem to particularly change regardless.
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Due to the limited servers in regions, some people have to try else where. I play on EU with 140-170ms, no problem. Git Gud
  • KPNuts74
    diagoro wrote: »
    I’ve used WiFi for years and never had bad ping.