Battlefield V is the best one yet

2»

Comments

• ViolationofDerp
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Goodguy MarxistDictator over here counting servers and people all day long letting us know how many people are currently playing.
  • SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pc, console or both ?
    But agree, Its clear that bfv have a problem with player base.
  • MarxistDictator
    5046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Goodguy MarxistDictator over here counting servers and people all day long letting us know how many people are currently playing.

Yes better swallow down that load of kool aid about BF V not being a raging dumpster fire. BF V is the best yo.

Its not 100% accurate but comparable player counts = this game failed hardcore
  • SirBobdk
    4685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So what result do you get. just curious
  • MarxistDictator
    5046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    MarxistDictator said:

So what result do you get. just curious

Like 10-20k at best on xbox (20 being at peak activity). 20k global on BF4.

Keep in mind the other games still retained multiple millions per platform months after launch.
  • PrecisionWing
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cant say it's the worst bf,but certainly not the best one,
    List of issues I found.
    No server rental
    No leader board
    No battlelog which van give you lots of useful information about the server, other player and yourself
    Vehicle respawn is broken
    New fly mechanic is broken
    Poor game balance
    Poor communication btw devs and players.
    No new maps
    Poor dev team decisions on prioritizing future development, such as work on firestorm instead of more content, like maps and new nations
    More bugs with each update.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aiborne82 said:
    I was actually curious about that too
    The way it works is they make it up and since nobody can prove them wrong they can claim to be right.  You'll see all kinds of dubious claims pulled out of, err, pulled out of thin air, like how many buyers of the game have quit playing or whatever, like anybody outside EA knows that.  In a game like PUBG we know the real numbers thanks to the Steam charts, but with EA games it's anybody's guess unless that info makes it into a report to shareholders.  It's not worth taking such claims seriously, especially when they come from someone who appears to have an emotional investment in this game doing poorly.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aiborne82 said:
    The way it works is they make it up and since nobody can prove them wrong they can claim to be right.  You'll see all kinds of dubious claims pulled out of, err, pulled out of thin air, like how many buyers of the game have quit playing or whatever, like anybody outside EA knows that.  In a game like PUBG we know the real numbers thanks to the Steam charts, but with EA games it's anybody's guess unless that info makes it into a report to shareholders.  It's not worth taking such claims seriously, especially when they come from someone who appears to have an emotional investment in this game doing poorly.

Seems to me you're the one emotionally invested if you're feeling the need to protect a game.

Do you genuinely believe this game is doing well? In terms of sales? Reception? And population?

Or do you just like the game so you get angry when it's pointed out that the majority of BF fans don't like it?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone on my friends list I have met from playing BF. You know how many of them I see playing BFV? A big fat zero. I do see them playing the previous BF games. I have a feeling OP is in the huge minority.
    Most of my BF friends are still playing, a few have left for various reasons.  I'm also running into people I haven't seen since BF3 or BF4, guys who used to run their own servers, real fanatics.

You're entitled to your opinion on what percentage of players are reasonably happy with the game vs. really disappointed, but it's just a guess, same as all the rest of us.  Keep in mind BFV has sold as many copies as BF4, and based on all the new accounts showing up since Firestorm released it still seems to be selling.  If anything kills BFV it will be EA's incredibly short-sighted business policies like refusing to rent servers, live service, weak anti-cheat.  IMO the game itself isn't bad, the company behind it is clueless.

BTW, exactly what is a "huge minority"?
  • DavTan
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it lots better than bf1
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aiborne82 wrote: »
    Its interesting because everyone comes on here saying my friends play this not that and none of my friends play it so its obviously dying and yet there are whole groups who play all the time and its never hard to find a server

Its about as populated as BF4 atm. Which is a 5 year old game.

It says a lot about this game when people would rather play something dated but fun instead of the current one.

Is that a PC thing? On PS4, European region, I see plenty more full BFV servers than BF4.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Change your meme easily led one.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I miss the times when BFH was considered the biggest enemy of the franchise :D
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope not even close, it's closer to the bottom of the barrel than to the top.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited April 2019
    Aiborne82 said:

Yes I am very happy this game isn't doing well and that virtually none of my battlefield friends play it or think its worthwhile. I'm tickled pink at the prospect of not enjoying one of my most played game series of all time. I'm over the moon.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Aiborne82 said:
    Change my mind. 

Why should we try to change your mind if you like the game. Good for you. Many here would like to feel the same.