Little Bird is the most OP'd vehicle I've ever seen

JakeMaple79
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Can fix while operating.  Most maneuverable.  Lock on missiles. Can fire lock on missiles as a passenger.  Can laser designate as passenger.  Can just fly away when something locks on.  Everytime I see a k/d of 75/2...it's a Little Bird.   You have to have 3 or 4 people work together to take one down and no other vehicle requires that.  Change my mind. 

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Nah. I wreck Scouts regularly. Find a way to destroy them, they're not that hard.

You don't need that many working together, you can... It'll obviously make it easier, but not needed. No other vehicles require multiple people? Get a good jet pilot, then we'll see. ;)
  • Mikex2112
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "Change my mind"
    OK.......

TEAMWORK....Thats the magic word OP.
    The little bird or ANY vehicle in BF4 for that matter, should be a threat and should make you think twice about trying to solo kill said vehicle without dire consequences.
    Thats the problem with this gen of Battlefield players..Its always about "me"..Never about helping your team.
    Dice gave players the weapons to stop vehicle threats..Learn to use them properly.
    -
    Also,I can also tell by your comment that you have never played BF2....You would really love the heli in that game if you think the little bird is a pain.
  • sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If they are so OP why do you only have 7 kills with it? You should try to get 1,000 kills in them. Then after that tell me if you still think they are OP.

Of course people never try something before they decide it is OP.
  • hudsonhack
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I sraw that, they aren't that hard o take out.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Change my mind. 

next?
  • Subliminal
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited April 16
    1x AA-Mine.. followed by.. 1x hip-fired rocket of choice (my choice being SRAW) = a disappointed LB-pilot

Its all about timing, multiple people are unnecessary.
    Post edited by Subliminal on
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another tip too... when you are locked on with any missile, do not fire yet.. some n00bs will fire their flares... then after the flares have dissipated, or the chopper has moved far enough away from the flares, fire and repeat... they may have several rounds of flares, so let them use them up before firing.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Change my mind. 

next?
    Two comments:
    1. Nice soundtrack "If I had a rocket launcher... I'd make somebody pay" :)
    2. You have gotten pretty good at "leading your target"... those are skill-shots, not "fire and forget" ..very nice.

See you on the battlefield Soldier!
  • KorpusDraige
    2309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another tip too... when you are locked on with any missile, do not fire yet.. some n00bs will fire their flares... then after the flares have dissipated, or the chopper has moved far enough away from the flares, fire and repeat... they may have several rounds of flares, so let them use them up before firing.
    Experienced pilots will bait lock ons, it's best to use a sraw/rpg/smaw if you're infantry.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I agree.

• TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1x AA-Mine.. followed by.. 1x hip-fired rocket of choice (my choice being SRAW) = a disappointed LB-pilot

It wont work if the pilot is good. Youve been warned.
  • Subliminal
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    a mobility hit has a effect on everyone, even you... the sraw follow up is the easy part.. even with a miss the pilot tends to go play elsewhere, for the most part i walk away with a kill or three if that littlebird is all sparkly with repair tools. with that said i standby what i said and disregard your warning based on the amount of times i make **** pilots go boom.
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited April 23
    Subliminal said:

It wont work if the pilot is good. Youve been warned.

Almost true. It won’t work against good pilots, depending on the map. But he’s right when he mentions timing.
    The only 2 kills I have with the AA mine were both on very good pilots (on Dawnbreaker and flood zone).
  • Astr0damus
    Please explain AA mine?
  • KorpusDraige
    a mobility hit has a effect on everyone, even you... the sraw follow up is the easy part.. even with a miss the pilot tends to go play elsewhere, for the most part i walk away with a kill or three if that littlebird is all sparkly with repair tools. with that said i standby what i said and disregard your warning based on the amount of times i make **** pilots go boom.
    You're use to the average pilot lol. Most locks will not work on good pilots, need to get good by other ways. Locks just tell me where you are, that's about it.
  • Subliminal
    the aa-mine is a close proximity lock. you get less then a second to react b4 it hits if deployed right, the sraw gives no lock tone.... on a full health chopper it is a mobility hit regardless of your skill, if the chopper has damage the sraw isn't needed... the 'average' pilot is easy enough to kill with sraw alone. true story.

re:-

Little Bird is the most OP'd vehicle I've ever seen ? = no (still)

• KorpusDraige
    edited April 24
    the aa-mine is a close proximity lock. you get less then a second to react b4 it hits if deployed right, the sraw gives no lock tone.... on a full health chopper it is a mobility hit regardless of your skill, if the chopper has damage the sraw isn't needed... the 'average' pilot is easy enough to kill with sraw alone. true story.

re:-

Little Bird is the most OP'd vehicle I've ever seen ? = no (still)

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Battlefield has this neat little feature called a "spot", so unless you're playing Hardcore, good pilots mark anything and everything. I know when I fly I rarely ever get hit by an AA mine, I'm sure good heli pilots are also aware of making sure not to get hit by one lol. Just preemptively hit ECM and profit. 
  • Subliminal
    from a no-existent lock tone to being all knowing in order to spot every player constantly on the map... lol give me a break.. i imagine you play with the attack chopper in the skybox at max altitude for a full round using your little spot button like a 'pro' but little-birds ... i dont buy it and your sarcastic redirection just enforces it.

lets agree to disagree pro, your awesome and impervious to any ground troops 'always' without exception .. the perfect pilot.

lmao over and out!

• KorpusDraige
    from a no-existent lock tone to being all knowing in order to spot every player constantly on the map... lol give me a break.. i imagine you play with the attack chopper in the skybox at max altitude for a full round using your little spot button like a 'pro' but little-birds ... i dont buy it and your sarcastic redirection just enforces it.

lets agree to disagree pro, your awesome and impervious to any ground troops 'always' without exception .. the perfect pilot.

lmao over and out!

You need to look at some good pilots before you think it's impossible to have awareness. I also don't fly the Attack Chopper lol. I'm also not the sort of player to camp in a certain area if I were to, I'm more of the "give it to you" type of player. AA mines simply wouldn't work too well on good pilots is all I am saying. Against the random average pilot? Sure.
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited April 25
    @KorpusDraige - it depends when you deploy the AA mine. Every good pilot will get **** at some point during a streak. Most good pilots will locate anybody with a stigla and go for the kill.
    Good infantry players can bait good pilots by firing lock ons at them, then deploying the AA mine at the last moment.

I’m talking strictly Scout chopper pilots. And i’ll repeat my comment earlier: it depends on the map.

On maps like Dawnbreaker or Floodzone it works well. On maps like Golmud it l’s less effective.

Attack choppers can stay out of range and any decent gunner will take you out. And against jet pilots they are nothing but a mild annoyance.

Edit: looks like the word I used for “overconfident” is not allowed. I should’ve used “penisy”.