Is DICEs obsession with these meatgrinder modes killing BF?

xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm sorry, but i have to say my piece. There just seem to be a disconnect at DICE imo, in that folks do NOT want to play meatgrinder like modes. Yet they KEEP doing it. Why? They come out with smaller modes, BUT, they're small maps. More meatgrinder. When but WHEN will DICE realize many BF fans  DO NOT LIKE HARDCORE LIKE PLAY ???

WHEN will they come out with 32 player Conquest?

WHEN will they realize the reason these modes like Rush and others die quick, and the bad TTD, is because TTK IS TOO FAST FOR THESE MODES???

WHEN will they come out with traditional BF like play? 

A correlation of this game being dead or dying, i absolutely feel, is because DICE is just not getting it. BF 1 was the beginning downfall, and they're continuing this trend that E Sports, or bragging to your buddies about scoring high on leaderboards, or spending half a game prone camping is folks want out of BF, but it's NOT.

Sorry for the caps, but i'm on my third cup, am older, and grouchy, and i'm FED UP that a very simple thing, like a 32 player Conquest mode, or relatively ANYTHING resembling tradional BF, which would be very easy to do, has not been implemented, as we continually see things NOBODY seems to want, and in the fact the total opposite.

Thank you for listening

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE probably doing it cause Metro was popular on BF3.  Also Metro/Locker were popular for BF4.
  • MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    DICE probably doing it cause Metro was popular on BF3.  Also Metro/Locker were popular for BF4.

And argonne in BF1. Great for conquest, fun for frontlines, fun in Ops
  • SirSpectacle
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing that's killing BF is whiners and haters like the OP, who scare people away from buying what is actually a pretty good game.
  • Texator
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like this mode. The MMG domination is a bit frustrating but over all it is fun to play.
    OP, if you dont like it just dont play it, easy solution.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First match or 2 I thought I might have found a fun mode but the bad game mechanics, hit markers and problems in BF5 are multiplied by 1000. Getting forced into being killed is lame and not game balance. Have your kill feed on and it’s a joke. TTD is absurd and kind of proves how clueless and rudderless Dice/EA/BF5 are with this game.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry, but i have to say my piece. There just seem to be a disconnect at DICE imo, in that folks do NOT want to play meatgrinder like modes. Yet they KEEP doing it. Why? They come out with smaller modes, BUT, they're small maps. More meatgrinder. When but WHEN will DICE realize many BF fans  DO NOT LIKE HARDCORE LIKE PLAY ???

WHEN will they come out with 32 player Conquest?

WHEN will they realize the reason these modes like Rush and others die quick, and the bad TTD, is because TTK IS TOO FAST FOR THESE MODES???

WHEN will they come out with traditional BF like play? 

A correlation of this game being dead or dying, i absolutely feel, is because DICE is just not getting it. BF 1 was the beginning downfall, and they're continuing this trend that E Sports, or bragging to your buddies about scoring high on leaderboards, or spending half a game prone camping is folks want out of BF, but it's NOT.

Sorry for the caps, but i'm on my third cup, am older, and grouchy, and i'm FED UP that a very simple thing, like a 32 player Conquest mode, or relatively ANYTHING resembling tradional BF, which would be very easy to do, has not been implemented, as we continually see things NOBODY seems to want, and in the fact the total opposite.

Thank you for listening
    In all the years I've played BF, there have been very popular servers running TDM, or other intense game modes on small maps with constant action.  Servers running similar "meatgrinder" play still seem to be popular, my browser shows them full all day.  I don't know why you refer to that type of play as "Hardcore-like", but let's note that here and in other forums there has been a steady demand from some folks for Hardcore Mode to be returned in BFV.  I don't especially enjoy the short TTD in BFV, but with the network performance as wobbly as it is, TTD/TTK seem to change from day to day, I'm never sure what I'm going to get when there has been a patch.  To me that isn't any more annoying in one game mode than another, it would be just as bad in 32-player Conquest IMO.

You have every right to dislike the "meatgrinder" type of play, but when you say, "Folks do not want to play meatgrinder-like modes," you are clearly incorrect, plenty of folks do like that type of play because servers offering it stay populated.  Your claim that Rush and other non-Conquest modes die quickly would need documentation to be credible, can you back up that claim with stats?

I find DICE's efforts to shuffle around the non-Conquest game modes like they are creating something new just by changing the name rather sad, but it doesn't stop me from mostly playing Conquest which is what I enjoy.  Play what you like, don't worry about what others are doing with their gaming time. 
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing wrong with a meat grinder mode or map.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only thing that's killing BF is whiners and haters like the OP, who scare people away from buying what is actually a pretty good game.

:D Yeah it's the only thing.
  • Soulbreeze
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind it really, but it just exacerbates the issues with the game. Bullets not doing the damage they should, getting 1 shot by guns that shouldn't 1 shot. Getting killed thru smoke and waaaay around walls.
  • ragnarok013
    3065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

SirSpectacle Keep the discussion about the topic at hand and steer clear of the personal insults.

• sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You couldn’t possibly take all the BF5 issues and problems and make a mode that makes MMGs, smoke and grenades and rockets even more spam worthy.......!? Dice “Hold my Beer”
  • lll_HOSS_lll
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really am enjoying Grind!
  • PackersDK
    735 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sasqch10 said:
    You couldn’t possibly take all the BF5 issues and problems and make a mode that makes MMGs, smoke and grenades and rockets even more spam worthy.......!? Dice “Hold my Beer”
    Agreed, I’ve had this knee-jerk reaction lately of thinking “noob tube” when a piat hit me in the face. Playing CQ Grind has made me less embarrassed thinking that, less of a whiner, if you will.

It’s beyond stupid trying to take an objective on the bridge of Twisted Steel, and just get peltered with piat grenades. You can literally sit by a resupply station and rinse-and-repeat piats in this mode. 

I’ll get my carbine and say thank but no thanks Dice, to CQ Grind. 
  • BallisticPork
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this mode - this and squad conquest is all I wanna play. No worries about planes, no vehicles... This is BF V Metro 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At least it's one week only thing.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish V1 and Artillery wasn't locked... It's already such a spam fest fights could use resets.
  • bigiain
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets be honest, it's the players who are obsessed with meat grinder maps. Good players get huge kill streaks, poor players can camp and someone will probably walk in front of them before they get flanked. If they die, they can get back to the spectacle straight away, less chance of getting sniped in the open or coming across an enemy tank.
  • TFBisquit
    1523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like playing BFV, with all its flaws, but I need to focus when I play, or else it doesn't go well on my statistics.
    Now in GRIND I find myself relaxing a bit. Don't need to focus too hard, can lean back a bit in my chair.
    In short, a pleasant refreshing experience.
    Sure, it's not the best, not the greatest, but not bad at all either.
    I can imagine though that if you start GRIND on the bridge it can feel a bit underwhelming, op.
  • trip1ex
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 18

if  a certain part of the community  had their way DICE  would have made the maps twice as small  and  doubled the player count to 128 players.  and kept V2 rockets.   There's just that group of players that wants constant explosions and no thought.
  • Nonswimmer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    there are different players  in battlefield. some just wanna kill and some wanna play the objective i would have liked grind more. if it werent so narrow and actually had maps designed for the game mode, instgead of copy.paste, stop wasting these resources on lame modes and botched skins for real money (which arent even good looking to beghin with ) and FOCUS ON MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG i think the entire community has wrote about this. you have maps like... narvik in the night . panzerstorm in the night .. add them to the rotation. how brain dead is htis company? everday i wake up PREYING something has been announced regarding actual NEW playing content.  and everyday i am dispointed.  soon this game will end up in the Uninstalled list and when i move on. i wont come back. who cares though right, they got my money.