Graphical corruption

Archilion95
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't know if DX12 is the culprit or 19.4.1 drivers, but sometimes sky begins to flicker and there are few lines here and there. Fix is to restart the game. Anybody with the same problem?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13432 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 7
    Flickering is usually down to something known as "Z-Fighting"

It is where a layer of multiple textures "fight" for screen space and is usually in my experience just an engine issue that cannot be resolved.

Do you have any video examples of this occurring ingame?
  • kondorasGR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if DX12 is the culprit or 19.4.1 drivers, but sometimes sky begins to flicker and there are few lines here and there. Fix is to restart the game. Anybody with the same problem
    It happened to me once in Arras with DX12,maybe its the drivers ill ivestigate further
  • Archilion95
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a video:

• LOLGotYerTags
    13432 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Check your GPU temps to ensure the card is not overheating ( which can cause artifacts ) 

Also try another driver just in case.
  • Archilion95
    Temperature is around 72-74 during load, which is perfectly normal for power guzzler like R9 390.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited April 15
    Ok,  So you have a few other resolutions to try.

Try a different driver ( roll back to the previous driver for example ) 
    Try with VSync on / off 
    Try with DX 12 on / off 

Manually cap your frames with a user.cfg
    • Open Notepad
    • Paste in the following line 
    • Gametime.MaxVariableFps xxx  ( replace xxx with the maximum framerate you want the game to render at ) 
    • Click file -> Save as
    • Change type from text to "all files"
    • Save with the name "user.cfg" ( without quotemarks ) 

You can also do this by adding the command into the advanced launch parameters of BFV through Origin.
    • Open Origin
    • Right Click BFV from your library
    • Click "Game Properties"
    • Select the Advanced launch options tab
    • Paste  -Gametime.MaxVariableFps xxx  ( again changing xxx with the maximum framerate you want the game to render at ) 

You can also try to repair the gamefiles.
    • Open Origin
    • Right click BFV from your library
    • Click "repair"

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a video:

I don't see anything wrong here.  What am I looking for?
  • TFBisquit
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had corrupted graphics with nvidia 418.81. Random flickering in the terrain when set to high or ultra. Only low didn't show this.
    Also sometimes after alt-tabbing my crosshair became very pixelated.
    Reinstalling or older drivers could help in this matter.
  • Archilion95
  • TFBisquit
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, no haven't had that. Could be hardware related?
  • SteveZee
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does this happen in any other game? Game specific issues are usually related to how the game stresses the hardware. 

Run Furmark and see if anything happens. It very well could be your video card is over stressed.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Flickering is usually down to something known as "Z-Fighting"

It is where a layer of multiple textures "fight" for screen space and is usually in my experience just an engine issue that cannot be resolved.

Do you have any video examples of this occurring ingame?

This is happening on console as well.So your saying battlefield v,s game engine i broken??If that is the case every single player has the right to a refund as we have been clearly sold a broken product.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Not "broken".

Just something that can and does happen,  Regardless of game engine.
  • Archilion95
    It seems that this problem appears when DX12 is enabled. Good job, DICE.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Ok so DX12 is the cultprit.

If that's the case,  It isn't DICE's job to fix it,  It is microsoft who needs to patch the DX12 runtime to reduce or remove the artifact.