Soldiers sliding around without texture

Niila138
46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
Ok, Now I sometimes have a bug that has the other soldiers sliding - not running - on my screen. Kind of like they are skateboarding, but without the board. Also when this happens my aim seems to be all over the damn place and the soldiers do not have texture either. They’re just kinda grayish.

Comments

• WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Niila138 wrote: »
    Ok, Now I sometimes have a bug that has the other soldiers sliding - not running - on my screen. Kind of like they are skateboarding, but without the board. Also when this happens my aim seems to be all over the damn place and the soldiers do not have texture either. They’re just kinda grayish.

Similar thing used to happen in BF1 too. Seems to be an issue with the character models getting out of sync.
  • Prep768
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They Grey Man Group have infultrated the Battlefield, even the Firestorm
  • James_Quick68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had someone running the other day on Hamas but they were still in prone animation so they looked like a snake slithering across the rocks. Was funny.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, saw this several times yesterday. 
  • SAW_Viper420
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seen this a few times. I stood there in confusion and it killed me. Lol
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Predator is real....
  • Jokerdef
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep seen this way too often lately... 
    Seems the game is getting worse as time goes on. Can't remember having these issues before. I guess we should have been happy about the game before. Oh dear...
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yup apparently one of the moderators just said this is a broken mechanic within the game engine that cannot be fixed!So we have all been sold a broken product
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had an enemy do this earlier on. No footsteps from that player either. Fortunately they were trash and I was able to react in time. Game is fundamentally broken if this can’t be fixed.
  • Niila138
    edited April 2019
    Now in addition to the gray skaters, there are sometimes soldiers with parts missing. For example I have had team mates with only their upperbody, no legs, floating around. Enemies without hands etc.

Also nowadays the enemies (don’t know if it’s also team mates since I pay more attention to enemy movement) seem to teleport more than before. It always happened, but now it happens more often. You aim, track, spoof they teleported a couple meters so you have to pick them up again and aim and hope they ran out of teleports.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Had an enemy do this earlier on. No footsteps from that player either. Fortunately they were trash and I was able to react in time. Game is fundamentally broken if this can’t be fixed.

I killed someone exploiting this the other day and it seemed like they were relying on it quite heavily. They got a good baggin'.

They're not still selling it at least, are they?
  • Prep768
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funniest slide glitch I've ever experienced.......

Please do NOT like, subscribe or indeed hit that bell icon
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

I killed someone exploiting this the other day and it seemed like they were relying on it quite heavily. They got a good baggin'.

I was going to say I have not experienced this but there was one guy literally invisible the other day. I'm sure it must be some kind of cammo that causes it...
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

I was going to say I have not experienced this but there was one guy literally invisible the other day. I'm sure it must be some kind of cammo that causes it...

Did they look like the player at the end of this video: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/73481273 or were they totally invisible?

The exploit they're using in the vid is definitely camo-linked.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only seen the Men in Grey at the start of the round but apparantly, there is a glitched epic skin that causes it.

No, I don't know which one!

Knee sliders were an epidemic in BF4, regularly saw some bloke sliding all around the map!
  • Niila138
    It’s getting worse at least for me. Could ofcourse be because (if it is) linked to the epic skins or something that more people got them and that’s why it’s now more common.

My gut however tells me it’s some kind of server issue since when this happens I seem to be experiencing more insta/very fast deaths and having more trouble than usual hitting the enemy. Could be a mix of both.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I've only seen the Men in Grey at the start of the round but apparantly, there is a glitched epic skin that causes it.

Knee sliders were an epidemic in BF4, regularly saw some bloke sliding all around the map!

This is not good news. I don’t know what skin either, and I don’t want to know, but I also don’t want to unintentionally exploit this. You say it’s an epic skin? Better un-equip all epics for now.
  • ElliotLH
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »

This is not good news. I don’t know what skin either, and I don’t want to know, but I also don’t want to unintentionally exploit this. You say it’s an epic skin? Better un-equip all epics for now.

What about if I message you which one it is so you can check if it's one you own? I know you said you didn't want to know but at least then you wouldn't need to unequip the epics you own.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had one teammate seeming to use the exploit the other day. It's a known issue and the skin should've been disabled until fixed.
  • Skull78238
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is always a glitch like this in these games. Since Bf4 I remembered the samething except the model did load in but he was crouched 24/7