Please don't tell me the AP mines got buffed again

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I used to use them, but it just seemed cheap, so I went over to the grenade launcher, which imo is more rewarding.

Don’t get killed alot by them, but lately I have noticed an increase, and the people that use them are often cheap and lack proper sportmanship.

I have often seen players put them on themselves while lying prone as a camper, and when one is clever enough to sneak up and get a melee kill, they detonate and kill us both, so they would rather kill themselves than let a player get rewarded for getting close enough to get the melee kill.

So when someone writes they have so and so many kills with the bettys’, I do not think its a sign of skill, rather abuse of a non skill cheap tool.
    It's not a sign of skill but it is fun and often amusing using AP mines. 

Sportsmanship? It's not sport it's war - well a virtual battle but you can catch my drift

I don't know about that, plenty of people place their boobytraps poorly. In BF1 it took at least some skill to get many kills with it as you had to make the string go the right way and hide the bottle, you could get kills with blatantly obvious ones sure but to get the skilled players you had to apply some effort.
  • GrinddalDDG
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:
    I used to use them, but it just seemed cheap, so I went over to the grenade launcher, which imo is more rewarding.

Don’t get killed alot by them, but lately I have noticed an increase, and the people that use them are often cheap and lack proper sportmanship.

I have often seen players put them on themselves while lying prone as a camper, and when one is clever enough to sneak up and get a melee kill, they detonate and kill us both, so they would rather kill themselves than let a player get rewarded for getting close enough to get the melee kill.

So when someone writes they have so and so many kills with the bettys’, I do not think its a sign of skill, rather abuse of a non skill cheap tool.

Sportsmanship? It's not sport it's war - well a virtual battle but you can catch my drift

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I think it is a sign of the modern player, and the influx of CoD players who tend to be a bit more trollish.

In older BFs, people had class, and honor. 

Lying prone with the most op MMG, sorrounding yourself with betties, is to me everything that is wrong with BF V.

If you love it, more power to ya, but it’s not my cup of tea.

LOL at “In older BFs, people had class, and honor”.

In BF1942, your own teammates would shoot you in the back, as you ran towards the airplanes at the beginning of a match. In BF2 the helicopter pilot would hover near the out of bounds, so that the pilot was inside, but the gunner was outside, therefore getting killed for being AWOL. Just so they could have the toy for themselves.

Sure you had ****, like in every corner of life.

My opinion is that, modern gamers do these antics way more:)

If you had a different opinion, fair enough.

I just saw much more honor and class when I played, especially BF2. Maybe it was because I was in a clan and only really played against other clans.

Did your clan not use the claymores in BF2? ;)

Was that my point?

Did I write people should stop using betties?

• VOLBANKER
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To me, AP mines are super rewarding.
    Especially if the victim curses you on chat afterwards :smiley:
  • GrinddalDDG
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    GrinddalDDG said:

Hey man, to each their own😊
  • Ploodovic
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:

I think it is a sign of the modern player, and the influx of CoD players who tend to be a bit more trollish.

Lying prone with the most op MMG, sorrounding yourself with betties, is to me everything that is wrong with BF V.

In BF1942, your own teammates would shoot you in the back, as you ran towards the airplanes at the beginning of a match. In BF2 the helicopter pilot would hover near the out of bounds, so that the pilot was inside, but the gunner was outside, therefore getting killed for being AWOL. Just so they could have the toy for themselves.

I just saw much more honor and class when I played, especially BF2. Maybe it was because I was in a clan and only really played against other clans.

Was that my point?

What your point was, only you can know, but my interpretation of what your point was, is that today more people use cheap tactics and have less honour. That might be true, but I provided some examples to counter this theory. The claymores of BF2 were equivalents to the Bouncing Betties of BFV, in my opinion. Their use in choke points, and their “skill level” were about the same.

You didn’t write that people should stop using betties, and I never implied that you did, either.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    The rage is strong with the BB's. 
  • VOLBANKER
    695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest the zap sound you hear that announce you got a kill with AP Mines makes me jump in my chair every time!
    I get such a shock because it comes out of the blue, completely unexpected, and I always think for a split second "What did I just hit", or "What just hit me" :smiley:
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited April 18
    DrunkOnRedWine said:

GrinddalDDG said:

Was that my point?

What your point was, only you can know, but my interpretation of what your point was, is that today more people use cheap tactics and have less honour. That might be true, but I provided some examples to counter this theory. The claymores of BF2 were equivalents to the Bouncing Betties of BFV, in my opinion. Their use in choke points, and their “skill level” were about the same.

You didn’t write that people should stop using betties, and I never implied that you did, either.

My initial point was that, it seems more players are using them, and alot of the users seem to be cheap.

And that the way the game is designed, you see alot of prone users sorrounding themselves with betties.

Maybe we agree more than we think.

Either way, if people wanna use em, use em:)

And yes, every iteration of BF, has had its share of griefers.
  • fisknyllet17
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The more people complain, the more they will be used.

Why do you think I have so many wimmin in my Company?
    Is it similar to when Lenny Kravitz was asked the question: "why are you always seen with beautiful women?" He answered, "because I can"?
  • parkingbrake
    3020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    They should be a one hit kill in my opinion.

What I do not understand is the need for 3 classes to have them. Not only does it show a complete lack of imagination on Dice’s part when it come to gadgets, it is also absolutely absurde they don’t consider the spam of these things on non-vehicle maps and gamemodes.

It really is a decision like this that makes me question abilities or competence in Dice. 
    I've been killed by an AP mine once in the past few weeks.  I look for them, especially at ammo points, that seems to do the trick.  In my opinion it's folks who constantly hold down the sprint key who die to AP mines.  
  • parkingbrake
    3020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You mean you would stab a man when he's prone on the ground instead of challenging him to a fair and honorable standup gunfight?  That is so cheap, you clearly have no sportsmanship.

See how silly it is to bring sportsmanship into it?
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited April 18
    GrinddalDDG said:

So when someone writes they have so and so many kills with the bettys’, I do not think its a sign of skill, rather abuse of a non skill cheap tool.You mean you would stab a man when he's prone on the ground instead of challenging him to a fair and honorable standup gunfight?  That is so cheap, you clearly have no sportsmanship.

See how silly it is to bring sportsmanship into it?

Lol, no, I mean when a prone sniper is close to the edge of the map, in a position where he would win all gunfights before they even begin - So instead you sneak around and get the flank on him, 9/10 times I will shoot the guy instead up close, since they have betties around.

So no, I do not see how silly it is.

I really do not care if you agree, but proning somewhere and putting betties around yourself to take away any melee kill from others is unsportsmanlike, like bailing an aircraft out of bounds just to cheat a better pilot out of the kill is:)

My opinion, remember that, you do not have to share it.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited April 18
    Btw, who in their right mind would wait for a player to see them before shooting..

Just a logical fallacy imo.

I hardly ever use scopes, why would I challenge a scoped rifle or mmg at what they are better at? Why would I not look for an advantage to even the field?

Just like people should look out for betties, proners should look out for the inevitable
    ambush.

I have no problem with betties, or even a proner putting them down in an entrance to a building they are camping. But litterally on your self to cheat another player out of said kill, yeah imo, that is unsportsmanlike.
  • Soulbreeze
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind them if there were options to avoid them. Like at the top of the stairs at A flag on Rotterdam. You can shoot them, but you can't be far enough away to not take 50% damage from it. I like the old ones where you wouldn't trigger if you crouched past them.
  • CaptHotah
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are mostly used by insecured mediocre players looking for an easy kill.
    The good players will always take an active gadget over a passive one. But that one needs skill and not everyone can use them properly.
  • 03MAZ995
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    The good players will always take an active gadget over a passive one. But that one needs skill and not everyone can use them properly.

It's not insecure, mediocre players looking for easy kills but players looking to have more of an impact on the enemy.

When the AP mine is the only offensive gadget 2 of the 4 classes have, do you honestly expect people not to use them?

They are strategic gadget. They are best placed in common traffic areas, places where the enemy congregates or to cover an exposed flank giving advanced warning of an enemy.

If I die to AP mines, I'm being careless or predictable and the dude deserves my scalp.

So many tears over a passive offensive/defensive gadget that is easily countered.
  • NLBartmaN
    2798 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The AP mines totally fit in this camping game ... just another weapon to keep players from being able to move and forces them to kill from a distance ...

PTFO and instant die by laser accurate 3x scopes, invisible prone MMG´s, camping vehicles or AP mines ... what a joy
  • CaptHotah
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 wrote: »

It's not insecure, mediocre players looking for easy kills but players looking to have more of an impact on the enemy.

When the AP mine is the only offensive gadget 2 of the 4 classes have, do you honestly expect people not to use them?

They are strategic gadget. They are best placed in common traffic areas, places where the enemy congregates or to cover an exposed flank giving advanced warning of an enemy.

If I die to AP mines, I'm being careless or predictable and the dude deserves my scalp.

So many tears over a passive offensive/defensive gadget that is easily countered.

You just proved my point 100%
  • crapjon
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Friendly fire and auto kick after X team kills, fixes mine spam pretty quickly.
  • 03MAZ995
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 wrote: »

You just proved my point 100%

How so?