Weekly BF

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Looks like the sole BFV service provider (Amazon AWS) UK segment has been taken down for BFV. We'll have to play on German servers with over double the ping.

I'm wondering if this is a cost cutting exercise?

• DavTan
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like the sole BFV service provider (Amazon AWS) UK segment has been taken down for BFV. We'll have to play on German servers with over double the ping.I'm wondering if this is a cost cutting exercise?

Punishment for Brexit
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off these servers they are absolutely atrocious
  • RayD_O1
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    This is astonishing. I must have misunderstood the thread, but it seems like the UK BFV servers have basically been closed down, as the population doesn't meet the threshold for the automated system to generate server instances. If that's correct then BFV has been shutdown in the UK … by a robot. Who the hell would play this game with treatment like that?
    Yeah seems like shoddy practice, feels like another nail in the coffin.!!
  • NuttysKunKs
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    This is astonishing. I must have misunderstood the thread, but it seems like the UK BFV servers have basically been closed down, as the population doesn't meet the threshold for the automated system to generate server instances. If that's correct then BFV has been shutdown in the UK … by a robot. Who the hell would play this game with treatment like that?
    Well hopefully that robot is kind and puts them back up..
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:

Well hopefully that robot is kind and puts them back up..

So this is like self destruct, if player base drops below threshold then all the servers will be auto shut down. Deleting this trash tonight.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, one less uk player here. I've unistalled the game until they slow down and tweak the TTK, can't stand it.
    If that doesn't happen, then I guess it's adios battlefield, it's been a fun ride since 2004, thanks for the enjoyment.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always played on UK servers because I have a smooth experience due to the overall lower pings from the player base.  Whenever I've played on the German servers, I see much higher pings and see a noticeable laggy game, to the degree that I don't enjoy it and therefore don't play on them. 
    Up until a few days ago,  I would have at least 10 full 64 players conquest servers from the UK during peak periods, at it rolled past midnight GMT it dwindled to 1 or 2.  This has been the pattern for some time.  Whether this is an automated or human decision, I'm now presented with a choppy server experience.  I will play a few more games in the next week or so, and then I'm done if they don't change the situation.
  • RayD_O1
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've always played on UK servers because I have a smooth experience due to the overall lower pings from the player base.  Whenever I've played on the German servers, I see much higher pings and see a noticeable laggy game, to the degree that I don't enjoy it and therefore don't play on them. 
    Up until a few days ago,  I would have at least 10 full 64 players conquest servers from the UK during peak periods, at it rolled past midnight GMT it dwindled to 1 or 2.  This has been the pattern for some time.  Whether this is an automated or human decision, I'm now presented with a choppy server experience.  I will play a few more games in the next week or so, and then I'm done if they don't change the situation.
    This sums up my experience perfectly, this is just another negative decision they have made and for what reason. ? 
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they're killing this game
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus barely over 6 month old and they are dropping servers already!

• grrlpurple
    825 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No wonder my ping has gone up lately and I'm getting more instakills from laggy players. Damn this is atrocious, you can't tell me that the UK doesn't have enough players to populate servers.
  • ackers75
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    No wonder my ping has gone up lately and I'm getting more instakills from laggy players. Damn this is atrocious, you can't tell me that the UK doesn't have enough players to populate servers.

It’s know doubt a cost saving thing.
    I struggled getting into uk servers as they was always populated.:

• Giantcolabottle1
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's so obvious they've pulled the plug.

I'm honestly at the point of hiring a lawyer to try and get a lawsuit going under digital consumer law in the UK, get our money back or at least at the very least an exchange in the origin store.

Its pathetic.
  • RRking
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is Dice trying to kill this game by removing UK. Sweden. and other locations servers. German servers are the worst so much lag. 
  • ackers75
    It’s beyond ridiculous.

Don’t forget to keep your wallet closed next time!

• Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do we want? UK SERVERS.
    When do we want them? NOW.