it's broken beyond repair and won't get better and you prove it to me everytime

Yahia
85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
So I haven't played battlefield V for 3 weeks now, but I decided to give it a chance today hoping something might have gotten better and to try the new game mode (spoiler alert, it's horrible as I thought, thanks for nothing Dice) but that's not even the problem here, I used to get 60+ FPS no problem before but now when I came back today my FPS is going BELOW 30 and the FPS spikes are awful, you just keep breaking it even more with every new update Dice, what happened to you? You became a horrible developer tbh. That's what happened. Oh also, I hit some guy 3 times in a row with a sniper rifle and guess what? Every shot counted for 9 damage... NINE F...ING DAMAGE with a sniper rifle, I played for 10 mins and closed the game to go play something else. This game is horrible I said it before and I'll keep saying it when everytime I decide to give you another chance something like this happens.

Keep on wasting time in useless "limited time game modes" that almost NO ONE CARES ABOUT. Instead of actual content, because that seems to be working just fine for you so far, right? NO it's not. This "live service" is a complete FAILURE.

That's my opinion of this game so far and I believe many will agree

Comments

• HydroExcursion
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:
    So I haven't played battlefield V for 3 weeks now, but I decided to give it a chance today hoping something might have gotten better and to try the new game mode (spoiler alert, it's horrible as I thought, thanks for nothing Dice) but that's not even the problem here, I used to get 60+ FPS no problem before but now when I came back today my FPS is going BELOW 30 and the FPS spikes are awful, you just keep breaking it even more with every new update Dice, what happened to you? You became a horrible developer tbh. That's what happened. Oh also, I hit some guy 3 times in a row with a sniper rifle and guess what? Every shot counted for 9 damage... NINE F...ING DAMAGE with a sniper rifle, I played for 10 mins and closed the game to go play something else. This game is horrible I said it before and I'll keep saying it when everytime I decide to give you another chance something like this happens.

Keep on wasting time in useless "limited time game modes" that almost NO ONE CARES ABOUT. Instead of actual content, because that seems to be working just fine for you so far, right? NO it's not. This "live service" is a complete FAILURE.

i specially upgraded my 8600k to 9700k& RTX2 2070 to 2080

1440P

not getting the fps i had hoped too.
  • Yahia
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yahia said:

1440P

That's my build, it's pretty decent and runs all games at 1080p with 60+ FPS but this game is just broken

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 ARMOR 6GB

CPU

Intel Core I5-8600K 4.3Ghz Turbo Six Core LGA 1151 Coffee Lake CPU

Ram

2x Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The mistake you made was going Intel..
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za said:
    Ye cause an AMD 32 core cpu will give you more fps right? Intel still beats AMD in games...

1440P

Why would anybody do this, do you like burning money?
    Though use lower graphic settings, nobody needs a shiny game when playing multiplayer ;)
  • Yahia
    Xephic_Za wrote: »

Actually, my experience with amd before was horrible. Intel was better in everyway in my opinion. Plus the problem is obviously not my hardware
  • ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jonny rotten: Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated!
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:

Weird because i get over 100 frames with a 1070.

What are your graphic settings? Also are what monitor are you using?

Is it a 60hz monitor, 144hz? you got vsync on?

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yahia said:

There were horrible video problems yesterday when I logged on, lots of folks talking about it in chat, something was really messed up.  It must have been something to do with the servers, so whether that's DICE/EA or AWS, they need to deal with it.

I hate Live Service, it think it's going to be a big part of the downfall of this franchise (along with the lack of rented servers).  But I don't see how Live Service is related to this issue, messing up the server code could have happened with any business model.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But according to a certain youtuber and the devs this game is running perfect as intended is a triple A title and smells of roses.

The game gets worse every patch gotta love the new one,players turning into shadows and floating across the screen its on of my favorites.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played it now and my fps was fine, maybe repair the game files.

Or who knows, maybe its your hardware, because we know its never the hardware.
  • ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But according to a certain youtuber and the devs this game is running perfect as intended is a triple A title and smells of roses.
    The game gets worse every patch gotta love the new one,players turning into shadows and floating across the screen its on of my favorites.

I wouldn’t believe any of these youtubers or devs if they told me the grass was green!
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 and fans are in a terrible state at the moment. I just don’t see how this game is fun to people but can still debate with people that do. Probably never going to change minds because I don’t think this version will ever have BF soul! They tried, mostly poorly, to add way too many things that don’t improve experience all while never finishing the basic game play of classic modes. What you end up with is no mode quite shines and more so than not , straight sucks! Grind is a perfect example. Played first couple days and was like “maybe” but already BF5 bad game mechanics and poorly thought out maps result in matches of 90% mmgs shooting back and forth nonstop and landslide wins.
  • Yahia
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Yahia said:

Weird because i get over 100 frames with a 1070.
    What are your graphic settings? Also are what monitor are you using?
    Is it a 60hz monitor, 144hz? you got vsync on?

My graphics settings haven't changed, I used to have 60+ FPS with them before they broke it even more with the last patch I believe
  • Yahia
    Masqerader wrote: »
    I just played it now and my fps was fine, maybe repair the game files.
    Or who knows, maybe its your hardware, because we know its never the hardware.

If you read the post, you should know that I clearly said why it's not my hardware
  • Yahia

Screw the YouTuber and the Devs.
  • Yahia
    sasqch10 wrote: »
    BF5 and fans are in a terrible state at the moment. I just don’t see how this game is fun to people but can still debate with people that do. Probably never going to change minds because I don’t think this version will ever have BF soul! They tried, mostly poorly, to add way too many things that don’t improve experience all while never finishing the basic game play of classic modes. What you end up with is no mode quite shines and more so than not , straight sucks! Grind is a perfect example. Played first couple days and was like “maybe” but already BF5 bad game mechanics and poorly thought out maps result in matches of 90% mmgs shooting back and forth nonstop and landslide wins.

I can never understand the sheep who actually are happy with what the game is like
  • tempo_rarity
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g . . o . . o . . d . . b . . y . . e   

(I thought I'd try one of these out for myself , but like others , mine ain't for real either)
  • PvtJohnTowle
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    Yahia said:

Dude, have you tried this? Worked for me. Increased my FPS by double. People who blame the game when it is their settings annoy me more than anything. Optimise your computer by following the guide below and come and tell me I am wrong. 

FPS spikes aren't the games fault. You just are ignorant. Not posting your computer specifications and hardware in your original post also a bad move on your part. Your post just comes across as a rant. You should be getting better FPS if 30 fps is all you get.  Nor have you indicated have you done any attempt at optimising your game or what your video settings in-game are. You probably have them all set to ULTRA but your card won't handle that and give you great FPS.  You probably don't care as all you want to do is rant about the game and not look for solutions. I get consistently 100 FPS , have to frame limit with RTSS. I guess it must be something your end that is causing the low FPS. 

I did this and I don't have the problem anymore. 

How To Fix Stutter In Games - Frame Rate, Frame Time & RTSS

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • Yahia
    Yahia said:

Dude  have you tried this ? Worked for me. Increased my FPS by double. People who blame the game when it is their settings annoy me more than anything. Optimise your computer by following the guide below and come and tell me I am wrong. 

FPS spikes aren't the games fault. You just are ignorant. 

I did this and I don't have the  problem anymore. 

How To Fix Stutter In Games - Frame Rate, Frame Time & RTSS

Don't call someone ignorant when you are actually ****, can you even read? I said that I used to play the game with those settings before and had no problems, the only thing that changed is from their side not mine, I don't need some stupid guide to show me how to make my game work, many other people in the ingame chat are complaining of the same thing and saying it started only recently so clearly it's not my hardware or my computer, it's just their broken game. I play other games with no problem. Get a brain and learn to think before calling someone ignorant. They did something with the game that caused this and it's not the first time, I remember this happening with bf1 as well at some point in its life cycle and then they fixed it. So it's not like this can't happen.

Stupidity smh...
This discussion has been closed.