Weekly Debrief

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stop playing for a few days and now that I've logged in again to play some BF the hamsters in the UK servers have all gone on strike. What the heck happened? Who stopped feeding the hamsters? Grrr...something something bad word bad word EA DICE grrr...

(Someone might need to teach me how the interwebs works but that's for another time.)
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RayD_O1 said:
    Would be nice to receive some clarification / communication on this. Are the UK servers gone for good, why were they taken down especially when they were populated daily, anything........
    Well, the moderator came in and said in essence, you don't have enough players playing the game to warrant servers. That's my take of it. Solution? Well, there's plenty of threads on what could make folks want to play this game, being the current course is obviously failing. But the immediate solution is Free to Play weekends to boost counts at least then.
  • RayD_O1
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has really ruined my experience of battlefield. Being a good player every ms is crucial in tight combat situtations. And increasing my latency by 80% is just not on. Please clarify on this DICE, been a fan for 14 years..

Yeah come on DICE let us know what's going on.

• Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HUZZAH! Thank you for the update 👍
  • laggass
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please bring back the UK servers, not been on for a few days and now my ping gone from 13 to 30 on the German servers and is hardly playable. Been a long term fan of this series but this is taking this **** just a bit...
  • Prep768
    3440 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:
    HUZZAH! Thank you for the update 👍
    I will ask why though? Those servers seemed to have no issue being filled. 
  • ackers75
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    "it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time"

Translation: ......were disabled cause player counts are bloody low!

Yep and in all likelihood ain’t coming back.
    Them servers was always filled!
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh great. Get rid of something which people wanted and were regularly populated and i personally never had any issues finding a UK server to aid matchmaking. This might be the death nail for me and BFV. 
  • ackers75
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Christ even the devs at fortnite tell you what’s going on with a little banner in game!
    This is just a very sneaky thing to do.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Disabled to reduce matchmaking time" I ... I … that makes little sense to me. Were the London and Ohio hamsters Working to Rule and slowing everybody joining into servers? The little biters. Still, disabling them seems a tad severe.

Thanks for the belated info. I'm curious who makes decisions like these and doesn't think it important to get the word out to the players. :|
  • R0bin0ftheH00d
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey all,

I looked into this. 
    From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. 
    I'm following up on Monday to see the next steps and status and will share any info I get with you.

Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Reduce matchmaking time lol!  Had more errors trying to connect to the servers the past few days than I've had since release. This is nothing more than cost cutting for a dwindling player base which is now only going to get worse.

• ackers75
    Am sure the guys at EA and dice are having a bet to see how many players they can get to leave!
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same thing happening when trying to find an Australian server through the server browser. Only filter in my searches is Oceanic, and nothing populates. Just the pacman wheel revolving in the top corner of the screen... Guess its back to being put into empty lobbies again...
  • RayD_O1
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Hey all,

I looked into this. 
    From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. 
    I'm following up on Monday to see the next steps and status and will share any info I get with you.

Thanks.

-Braddock512-

Thanks for the update, please use your influence to relay the feelings of the players on this thread with a view to 
    having the UK servers reinstated.

• doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My server list is also showing 90 per cent CQ grind,i only play standard CQ,or is this just a ploy to try and make people play meatgrinder.
This discussion has been closed.