netcode is worst than ever?

A4senic
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
its just me or the netcode is worse than ever, im getting one shoot by all kind of weapons so many times in a round, in my last round i kill a guy and then i got killed by a PIAT he shoot and i never saw the PIAT.

Comments

• bran1986
    5402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is really bad.
  • Soulbreeze
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeap, it's pretty crappy right now for sure.
  • GrizzGolf
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its just crap right now
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's pretty bad right now. Worse than BF3's 10 tick servers. Been killed through walls and around corners and from wonder bullets more times in the past week or so than I have since Battlefield 1942.

I really think Dice Sweden needs to delay the next Tide of War to give themselves time to actually sort the plethora of issues that BF5 currently has.
    that would be a sound decision for DICE. looking at their current track record i am sure they will release 4 more patches each making the net code worse until with the last one the entire server farm starts to burn destroying every trace of the game ever existing.
  • ackers75
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably due to uk servers getting switched off
  • VOLBANKER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really think Dice Sweden needs to delay the next Tide of War to give themselves time to actually sort the plethora of issues that BF5 currently has.
    Do they even know how to make the netcode work properly? I have doubts.
  • bran1986
    5402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to use the Commando Carbine it feels like I'm firing blanks half the time, hit someone in the chest and the bullet just goes straight through.
  • KPNuts74
    453 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t know about netcode but want to know why the UK servers have all disappeared with no explanation.
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey all,

I looked into this. 
    From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. 
    I'm following up on Monday to see the next steps and status and will share any info I get with you.

Thanks.

-Braddock512-
  • KPNuts74
    453 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Trent451 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I looked into this. From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. I'm following up on Monday to see the next steps and status and will share any info I get with you.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-
    Thanks Braddock, if you could please as for an end user it feels like a backwards step.

Maybe Firestorm has meant server populations are spread too thin....
  • MatthewSkeet
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trent451 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I looked into this. From our Dev team, it appears that the Data Center for both London and Ohio (Central US) were disabled to reduce matchmaking time. I'm following up on Monday to see the next steps and status and will share any info I get with you.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

Could you please address/respond to the main portion of the question?
  • Noodlesocks
    2352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    It has gone through significant improvements since BF3 but it seems to have become worse than it has ever been with BF5
  • Prep768
    3392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It started bad, now feels even worse. I don't think it's just the unstable pingers that are the problem, there is another factor affecting the server's performance. They just seem to be irratic and fragile 

Now forced onto 🇩🇪 servers with constant performance icons popping up (stable latency btw)

I even spent 2hrs playing a round of Bloodbowl rather than putting up with this current act of DICE magic™ we seem to be the audience to. 2hrs!
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:
    It started bad, now feels even worse. I don't think it's just the unstable pingers that are the problem, there is another factor affecting the server's performance. They just seem to be irratic and fragile 

Now forced onto 🇩🇪 servers with constant performance icons popping up (stable latency btw)

I even spent 2hrs playing a round of Bloodbowl rather than putting up with this current act of DICE magic™ we seem to be the audience to. 2hrs!
    Hit reg has also went downhill
  • ackers75
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 said:

Hit reg has also went downhill
    Super bullets and getting shot miles behind cover is now just the norm.

Quake 15 year ago on dial up with 200ms pings played better than this mess.
  • Mangrey
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    it got better with the patch befor they added Firestorm 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll say it again though - it comes down to design, player types, and what you want to the game to be.

want improved destruction that tracks which direction things were destroyed in all sync'd over the network? More strain on netcode
    want added features like "networked smoke" this time to make smoke less abusable from one direction to other? More strain on netcode
    want more soldier animations that need to be sync'd for muh realism? More strain on netcode.

If you took all that stuff out, and just prioritised the gunplay, damage info, player soldier movement positions and bullet tracers, the game would be ton better to play "netcode" wise.

But while DICE keep adding immersion features that need to be netcoded, reducing the potential overhead for gameplay elements, at the same time applying a TTK model that just isn't feasible within the limits of the technology they have, then you're going to get this experience, and this will continue to be the case until the serves are all running 120hz on 48 core system and we are all on optical fibre internet directly to our premises with <2ms ping to the servers.

One the reasons BF1's launch netcode felt so good is because the TTK was so high, people didn't like the TTK, but it's absolutely a factor. Of all the issues that game had on launch, netcode wasn't one of them. BF3 had awful netcode tech but it still played ok since there was far less being processed by it, the destruction was really limited and there were far less networked features. Gameplay was prioritised.

I don't actually think there is much "broken" with the way the netcode works in terms of bugs or tech, it's just the game is not designed well to work within the limits of the technology that currently exist to create a good player experience.
  • Jarp75
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    For me it was way better when Battlefield V came out. There were days when it was unplayable but most of the time it was good or ok. Now it is bad most of the time.

Today I was on german conquest servers (around 15ms) and I was not able to kill people, aim assist on my PS4 seemed to be totally off, I was not able to stay on target. I then quit and decided to test a US-server with 100ms and lo and behold everything was fine again and aim assist was working as intended.

Something is very fishy at the moment. When the netcode works I love this game but unfortunately due to the described problems I´m not able to play a lot at the moment.
  • CSO7777
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll say it again though - it comes down to design, player types, and what you want to the game to be.

want improved destruction that tracks which direction things were destroyed in all sync'd over the network? More strain on netcode
    want added features like "networked smoke" this time to make smoke less abusable from one direction to other? More strain on netcode
    want more soldier animations that need to be sync'd for muh realism? More strain on netcode.

If you took all that stuff out, and just prioritised the gunplay, damage info, player soldier movement positions and bullet tracers, the game would be ton better to play "netcode" wise.

But while DICE keep adding immersion features that need to be netcoded, reducing the potential overhead for gameplay elements, at the same time applying a TTK model that just isn't feasible within the limits of the technology they have, then you're going to get this experience, and this will continue to be the case until the serves are all running 120hz on 48 core system and we are all on optical fibre internet directly to our premises with <2ms ping to the servers.

One the reasons BF1's launch netcode felt so good is because the TTK was so high, people didn't like the TTK, but it's absolutely a factor. Of all the issues that game had on launch, netcode wasn't one of them. BF3 had awful netcode tech but it still played ok since there was far less being processed by it, the destruction was really limited and there were far less networked features. Gameplay was prioritised.

I don't actually think there is much "broken" with the way the netcode works in terms of bugs or tech, it's just the game is not designed well to work within the limits of the technology that currently exist to create a good player experience.
    It seems logical that higher TTK would improve the situation, but when Dice increased the TTK (for a short period in december I think), the netcode didn't improve at all. It seems like something else is wrong.

Also the analysis of Battlenonsense proved that the latency of the game is way larger than in BF1, both regarding bullet damage and soldier movement. This has nothing to do with TTK, but with slower processing of data or more data processed and being send between server/client.