I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Current gen Xbox already supports 120hz, but no games take advantage of it. That could change with next gen. If a game can do 60fps @ 4k it should do 120fps @ 1440p.

Hopefully developers add native mouse support to PS5 games. Even if I have to game at 60fps and use a XIM adapter, I'm still switching to PS5. These last 3 years of dealing with cheaters in Battlefield games has left a bad taste in my mouth. Cheating in all PC games for that matter.

My safe haven has been Sim racing tbh till something is done.
  • parkingbrake
    3012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next gen consoles seem to be shaping up nicely.

- 3rd generation Ryzen CPU with 8 cores and 7nm
    - AMD Navi GPU
    - Hardware accelerated 3D audio
    - SSD storage drive
    - 8k resolution support
    - Release date 2020

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-sony-next-gen-playstation-5-spec-analysis

Then we can have a real anti-cheat solution that actually works. I've been reporting the same aimbotter in BF1 for over a month. He's still playing. 60 headshots per round with LMG.

GG FairFight
    If they don't block the use of aftermarket controllers with built in cheat macros then they'll just have less cheating than PC, but there will still be cheating.
  • parkingbrake
    3012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    Ya, I think it's highly likely that I move FPS'ing over to the PS5. It'll be interesting to see how they design the input devices. My preference would be they lock out all 3rd party devices, and maybe Sony would would license mice and keyboards from a 3rd party.. logitech, razer, etc. Highly doubt that would happen. At least bots and wallhacks wouldn't be a thing. Heck.. just take recoil out of the games, problem solved. Otherwise everyone is going to have to go through the hassle to setup no-recoil macros on their mice.

EA may be thinking the same thing.. why bother with anti-cheat now when the next round of consoles will probably dominate the PC for shooters.
    I will not be surprised if BF6 is not even released for the PC.
  • Micas99
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iRacing? I'm thinking of going back to it.
  • OskooI_007
    457 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    I can deal with 60fps but if there's no native mouse support for Battlefield on PS5 that's going to suck! I'll be very depressed, because XIM is ok but not great. I like whipping the mouse around really fast, and you can't do that with XIM.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Micas99
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's highly likely the time that they bring native mnk to consoles. 
  • TFBisquit
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating is a lucrative business, they will see consoles as the next item to conquer.
    People moving up the ladder by cracking devices and releasing cheats for it. I'm pretty confident they find ways in the new hardware from next gen consoles.
    Especially since that hardware is more and more a complete PC. Just wait and see.
    In any case, it would be dumb from a company to abandon anti cheat, just because they change platform.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:

In any case, it would be dumb from a company to abandon anti cheat, just because they change platform.
    DICE said:

Hold my beer.
  • parkingbrake
    it's working so poorly because 95% of cheaters only use stuff like wallhacks/esp. which i imagine is impossible for ff to detect since it dosen't scan for cheats. there at least needs to be another layer of anti cheat in combination with ff to be effective.
    It also can't catch obvious rage hackers that get 6 kills per minute, either...Nor players that score 10k  per minute.
    It can, but it is not being asked to flag those incidents.  That doesn't indicate a fault with fairfight, but rather bad human decision making.
    Agreed, I think a big part of the problem is EA's policies.  If someone can be caught using a hack in one EA game and be banned but still be allowed to play other EA games, EA simply is not serious about discouraging cheating.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If EA are serious about cheating, they need to get together with other game publishers and lobby governments to make the use of commercial cheats illegal in the same way that counterfeiting and commercial copyright infringement is illegal. As a consumer, I have the right to enjoy whatever I've bought without someone else infringing my right to enjoy it. Banning cheaters is ineffective at best, because of the constant arms race between the cheat programmers and anti-cheat software. I'm not saying this would eliminate cheating altogether, but it would make these cheat sites think twice if they're expecting a knock on their door from the police and being forced to pay massive damages.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Current gen Xbox already supports 120hz, but no games take advantage of it. That could change with next gen. If a game can do 60fps @ 4k it should do 120fps @ 1440p.

Hopefully developers add native mouse support to PS5 games. Even if I have to game at 60fps and use a XIM adapter, I'm still switching to PS5. These last 3 years of dealing with cheaters in Battlefield games has left a bad taste in my mouth. Cheating in all PC games for that matter.

My safe haven has been Sim racing tbh till something is done.
    Drifting in an E30 until someone decides to go the other way?!?!?!??
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    iRacing? I'm thinking of going back to it.

Iracing , project cars 2 , and gt sport (sim cade) usually. It just gives me a break from most fps games and cheaters. Have a whole rig along with VR lol.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If EA are serious about cheating, they need to get together with other game publishers and lobby governments to make the use of commercial cheats illegal in the same way that counterfeiting and commercial copyright infringement is illegal. As a consumer, I have the right to enjoy whatever I've bought without someone else infringing my right to enjoy it. Banning cheaters is ineffective at best, because of the constant arms race between the cheat programmers and anti-cheat software. I'm not saying this would eliminate cheating altogether, but it would make these cheat sites think twice if they're expecting a knock on their door from the police and being forced to pay massive damages.
    Not disagreeing with you about your right to enjoy a game without someone else cheating-- however do you really think police/anyone has time to enforce video game cheating laws?  Enforcement has to come from the community, including players, developers and publishers.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sp3ckledJ1m said:

Not disagreeing with you about your right to enjoy a game without someone else cheating-- however do you really think police/anyone has time to enforce video game cheating laws?  Enforcement has to come from the community, including players, developers and publishers.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure society has bigger issues than cheating in computer games rofl.
    Creating and distribution the software excluded, as they do break pre-existing laws, but enforcing it can be complicated when it's outside your jurisdiction.
  • Deus_Vult_Amega
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    16 hacks per 1 hour 45 minutes or ill should call it one frame death? I dont care Dice / Servers delayes // Burn in hell with this life support 
  • NN_Buzz12
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lvl 6 leads the board with a  new EA account - just started playing BF5.  He's not cheating, he just has good muscle memory and a knack for wargames.  LOL @ EA.

I don't buy into the rumor mill but I hope they fire all their "talent".  I don't believe the developers play this game.  If they did the hackers would have been gone.  Unbearable.
  • wIzd0m4
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played firestorm last night and watched a guy spawn in gear in the middle of the hanger. It was funny to watch him spew out 30 guns and ammo but then we realized hey... wonder if he does it during the round. So i thought it was only a dayz thing now its in bfv 😬👍
  • pajsner
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 said:
    Oh that thread is golden..

Multiplayer Producer
    12 points·6 months ago

It means we don't talk about anti cheat details as it tips off the cheat makers. But we are doing quite well on that front, is all I can say.

"doing quite well" can be interpreted very differently depending on what you compare against.
    If you imagine a man killing mosquitoes in a large mosquito swarm, then he can perform very well, but overall he will perform so badly that it does not make a difference, this is where Dice and Fairfight are now.

Agree with TFBisquit, i think this generation of consoles is the last to be classified as cheat-free too.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [Rumor mill]Looks like some heavy bonus cuts are about to happen at dice la. Front line workers are about to get hit hard(about 50%) unfairly the execs are only taking a 25% hit so that can kind of tell you the future still looks pretty bleak. Even with bad company 3 on the horizon I'm not optimistic in the slightest for any changes in the anti cheat or the game itself.
    I will not be buying BC3 unless massive drastic changes happen to BFV.  If others feel the same, I recommend they become extremely vocal.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!