Commando Carbine feels a little bit underpowered

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't the commando carbine basically just the CS5 from bf4?

Suppressed, low damage, fairly high ROF...

fairly high for what engagement? faster then the actual bolt action rifles but abysmal DMG for where its supposed to be used
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah I got massacred trying to use it, iron sights I was too close and getting smashed by smgs and assault rifles, but trying a bit  further away with scopes I can't hit anything that's moving. wondering if I should have tried the hipfire upgrade and using it like a shotgun.

I get the feeling that this is not a CQB weapon so if you're using it on small more intense modes like Grind you may have a bad day.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah I got massacred trying to use it, iron sights I was too close and getting smashed by smgs and assault rifles, but trying a bit  further away with scopes I can't hit anything that's moving. wondering if I should have tried the hipfire upgrade and using it like a shotgun.

I get the feeling that this is not a CQB weapon so if you're using it on small more intense modes like Grind you may have a bad day.
    its also not for mid range. it has not a single advantage outside a lucky HS within 30m. every other weapon will mop the floor with you in any scenario outside a sneaky back-flank.
    its only selling point is being new because looking at the stats and how the game is played good luck enjoying it
  • Noodlesocks
    3610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's not supposed to be but it's not a ranged weapon either. It's a glorified, slightly worse revolver.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    SunnyTheWerewolf said:

X_Sunslayer_X wrote: »
    johnkapa1 said:

Remember its only a 45 cal its meant to have low muzzle velocity, plus its suppressed..

i never understood why ppl say oh the real stats mus reflect the game performance.FFS if accuracy is your main drive i dont remember the field medics being the guys first in assaulting the enemy infact they were most of the time BEHIND the assault because they were there mainly for treating the wounded instead of running mayham with a suomi. but hey detailsSMH

And more to that point, the Suomi was very accurate for a smg IRL, which the BFV stats do not reflect.

You have a full auto Suomi? How does it shoot? 

Nope, never fired one myself, but being from Finland I know the characteristics of the gun pretty well.

I had access to Suomi Konepistooli with the drum mag last millennium. It was the most fun weapon I've ever used. I remember even hip firing it fairly accurately up to 30 metres.

Was it the era appropriate 72 round drum magazine?

I've held one, but unfortunately wasn't able to fire it.

As for the accuracy, even the Finnish snipers used the Suomi on occasion, so it couldn't be that inaccurate.

It was 25 years ago, so I can't remember for sure, but I think yes. The ammunition was from leftover war stockpiles.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It aint a wapon for a  medic and the persons whom did playted fortnight
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    maskedocelot said:

Funny enough I have an easier time using this gun on Grind than on conquest. At least on grind you can go on a flank and shoot people in the back with it or the enemies are mostly in that ohk-2 btk range. Using it on conquest makes the gun worthless since engagement ranges are typically longer and at any kind of range this gun is worthless.

The bullet velocity makes consecutive headshots difficult but even if you land a double headshot you still need a third body shot to get the kill. Symthic put it well, over 50 meters the ttk of the Commando Carbines is over 1,000 ms, the MAS44 can kill you 3 times in that time. The medic class waited 5 months and got a meme gun in return. If DICE wanted to have a meme type of weapon, fine but couldn't they have given us a legit carbine(bolt or semi auto) first before adding the niche/meme weapon?
  • DingoKillr
    4305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Come on what did people think Medic was going to get a better rifle than Recon. That was never going to happen because then it would compete directly with Assault which is a clearly breaking the rules of BFV. 
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    SunnyTheWerewolf said:

X_Sunslayer_X wrote: »
    johnkapa1 said:

Remember its only a 45 cal its meant to have low muzzle velocity, plus its suppressed..

i never understood why ppl say oh the real stats mus reflect the game performance.FFS if accuracy is your main drive i dont remember the field medics being the guys first in assaulting the enemy infact they were most of the time BEHIND the assault because they were there mainly for treating the wounded instead of running mayham with a suomi. but hey detailsSMH

And more to that point, the Suomi was very accurate for a smg IRL, which the BFV stats do not reflect.

You have a full auto Suomi? How does it shoot? 

Nope, never fired one myself, but being from Finland I know the characteristics of the gun pretty well.

I had access to Suomi Konepistooli with the drum mag last millennium. It was the most fun weapon I've ever used. I remember even hip firing it fairly accurately up to 30 metres.

At that range did you not have to lobby the bullets on target or could you still shoot straight? My one gun I've shot was a variant of the Soumi and it wasn't very impressive at all.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    DingoKillr said:
    Come on what did people think Medic was going to get a better rifle than Recon. That was never going to happen because then it would compete directly with Assault which is a clearly breaking the rules of BFV. 

I figured we would get a slower bullet velocity and lighter hitting recon weapon but not a 4 btk gun at 308 m/s. At 50 meters the MAS44 can kill you 3 times in the time it takes to kill 1 with the Commando Carbine yet people are actually calling this gun good. It is worse than the smgs at range, for a mid range gun. DICE needs to put down whatever they are smoking and go back to the balancing drawing board.
    DingoKillr said:

I figured we would get a slower bullet velocity and lighter hitting recon weapon but not a 4 btk gun at 308 m/s. At 50 meters the MAS44 can kill you 3 times in the time it takes to kill 1 with the Commando Carbine yet people are actually calling this gun good. It is worse than the smgs at range, for a mid range gun. DICE needs to put down whatever they are smoking and go back to the balancing drawing board.

Every time I give it a go I end up switching when I realise I would be doing three times better with a proper weapon.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr said:

DingoKillr said:

Every time I give it a go I end up switching when I realise I would be doing three times better with a proper weapon.
    I'm just using it now so I can crap on it without people saying "you didn't give it a proper chance". I'm not doing terrible with it but 90% of the kills I get with it I could have gotten with my MP34 and you get a lot of deaths where if you had any other weapon you would have been in a much better position. There is a few times where I get a kill where I shouldn't. Like the last match on Twisted Steel, there was a guy camping behind a truck and i quickly turned and hip fired landing a headshot. Those occasions happen very rarely though. 
  • bran1986
    Also the gun plays far, far worse on Conquest where the engagement ranges tend to be a bit longer and where you encounter a lot more DMRs.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Prep768 wrote: »
    X_Sunslayer_X said:
    the gun is a joke and only DICE is laughing.no excuse for this gun to be in the game and be so borderline useless

I respectfully disagree, I too am laughing because I now know not to bother grinding to get it
    Why grind when you can u lock it for 1,700cc in a week!?

One reason is to get the additional ToW Chapter XP. The weekly assignments have significant ToW XP. Each ToW rank includes more unlocks, and ultimately Ch. 3 gold tag. I realize that probably doesn't appeal to yourself. But, that is a reason, nonetheless.
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    its fun but needs a buff.  I had to try really hard to get I think it was 27 kills in conquest.  when I could have used any of the other medic guns and gotten 40-50.
    Post edited by TheSeries3 on
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The bullet drop is ridiculous. You can have your sights right on the enemy's head and it'll land at their feet, and they'll die of confusion before you actually get a hit. I hate it, but I kind of like it too. Medics still don't have a decent mid-range weapon and we really need one.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll skip this weeks task.  Next weeks task of the LS/26 looks cool though.
  • bran1986
    The bullet drop is ridiculous. You can have your sights right on the enemy's head and it'll land at their feet, and they'll die of confusion before you actually get a hit. I hate it, but I kind of like it too. Medics still don't have a decent mid-range weapon and we really need one.

At 30 meters you can aim center mass and the player you were aiming at can strafe slightly left or right and the bullet will go right by them lol.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This weapon is pure, unadulterated garbagio (without upgrades).