Welcome to Grind

Comments

• JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21

It was never promised to be this going forward into the future. Like you said games evolve and nothing stays the same for such a long period.
    If it stayed this way people would be complaining the game is stale and not innovative and evolving.
    Yeah, games have to evolve to some degree, if they change too much they lose their loyal player base, but you are straying away from the point.  You asked "How do you know what BF was originally intended to be?" to Rex_Holez,  and I have responded with a straight forward answer to your question.  What it has become is irreverent to your actual question.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12664 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Llordus wrote: »
    PvtJohnTowle said:

Rex_Holez wrote: »
    Tried it for a few rounds. It's basically a smoke/spam fest. Nothing to do with what Battlefield was originally intended to be.

No thanks. 

How do you know what BF was originally intended to be? That’s not your choice. You obviously never played Metro in BF3, in BF4 Metro 2014 or Operation Locker or in BF1 Argonne Forest or Fort De Vaux.You can’t please everyone.

I played all of those and enjoyed a lot.
    Grind is nothing like that. Maps you mentioned, were properly designed for [removed] gameplay. In each of them you always had some way around and you had few paths to assault. Despite their narrowed flow, there were always some places offering cover.
    In Grind there is nothing like that. Poorly designed maps to just make another cheap and easy "mode", so EA can say they offer something within their "living service" - which is the quickest dying service I have ever seen :)

Your experience is clearly different to mine with 3000 hours plus on BF4 and similar time in BF3

Your post will probably get deleted due to use of foul language sigh.

You also risk an infraction for quoting it too,  Just saying.

I have edited your post additionally.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it for a few rounds. It's basically a smoke/spam fest. Nothing to do with what Battlefield was originally intended to be.

No thanks. 

How do you know what BF was originally intended to be? That’s not your choice. You obviously never played Metro in BF3, in BF4 Metro 2014 or Operation Locker or in BF1 Argonne Forest or Fort De Vaux.You can’t please everyone.

Why should DICE try to please gamers that dont want the original, authentic Battlefield experience from BF1942, BF2 and BF2142? There are plenty of other games they can play. Why should DICE shift it's attention to this group except for fast cash? It hurts the franchise. Many BF vets missed the old conquest feeling and gameplay in BF1. Same happened with the Battlefront games, which were a big disgrace compared to the original.

Indeed, you cant please everyone. DICE should not please the audience that initially dont like the BF experience in the first place!
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Your experience is clearly different to mine with 3000 hours plus on BF4 and similar time in BF3

Each of the maps have ways to flank so maybe you just don’t have the skill to work that out. There is plenty of cover as well plus you can also build your own fortifications and mg nests. Plus you have smoke barrages to advance under cover. Clearly you don’t have a clue

Experience of mine in BF3 and BF4 can be counted in thousands of hours too - yet less than yours. Quite big portion of it was metro, locker and similar :)

And maybe you are right and I have no clue how to play it. But frankly - I don't care. For me it is another dumb and artificial mode (so EA can say - we have "living service"), on the same maps I am playing over and over during last  half a year. I see no point in playing something like that at all, as there is no value in it at all.
    I tried it cause wanted to unlock this week's weapon. And it was the worst experience I had with the game for quite few weeks I must say.
  • VOLBANKER
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's great to see that so many people are excited about Grind!

I say that even though I don't enjoy the game mode at all myself, it's just nice to see so many positive posts around here.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    Llordus said:

Each of the maps have ways to flank so maybe you just don’t have the skill to work that out. There is plenty of cover as well plus you can also build your own fortifications and mg nests. Plus you have smoke barrages to advance under cover. Clearly you don’t have a clue

Experience of mine in BF3 and BF4 can be counted in thousands of hours too - yet less than yours. Quite big portion of it was metro, locker and similar :)

And maybe you are right and I have no clue how to play it. But frankly - I don't care. For me it is another dumb and artificial mode (so EA can say - we have "living service"), on the same maps I am playing over and over during last  half a year. I see no point in playing something like that at all, as there is no value in it at all.
    I tried it cause wanted to unlock this week's weapon. And it was the worst experience I had with the game for quite few weeks I must say.

You don't even know the correct name for this. It's called a "Live Service"  not a "Living Service" LOL, confirms to me you don't have a clue what you are talking about whatsoever. 

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/launch-of-battlefield-5-is-just-the-beginning

However, that is just the beginning. There's also everything coming in Tides of War, the live service for Battlefield V.

• Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You don't even know the correct name for this. It's called a "Live Service"  not a "Living Service" LOL, confirms to me you don't have a clue what you are talking about whatsoever. 

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/launch-of-battlefield-5-is-just-the-beginning

However, that is just the beginning. There's also everything coming in Tides of War, the live service for Battlefield V.

Well, English is not my native language - so I make mistakes when using it.

My mistakes does not change however, how ea and dice are far away from their core community with their current approach to "Live Service" and their time/resources wasted into such silly modes.

Grind is perfect example - I used it only for weekly unlock and that is it. Painful experience without any joy. Even if it has any potential - there is no single item which could keep me attracted to dive into it with more time and effort. Nothing...

And by core community I mean not people who are writing here lot of posts and are loudly visible in internet/social media etc. I mean people who just play the game on regular basis - or should I say - used to play it on regular basis, having also bought all dlcs etc.

I have more then 40 people in my origin friend list, more than 30 I added just because we regularly played bfbc2, bf3, bf4 and then bf1.
    Do you know how many of those people are still achievable in bfv on regular basis? Almost none. I think I am last one from this group playing it regurarly. Half of them did not even bought BFV, rest just got bored in the meantime, by "Live Service" content provided so far, and got attracted by truly supported games, like Apex or Division.

But you are providing me with a marketing mumbo- jumbo, as a proof it will get better? This is LOL. We will get one more map? In May? Is that it? How generous of dice that they will give us a one single map.

This is not a Live Service, nor living one. It is not even dying service. Looking on my friend list - I can say it is agonizing service after all.
    One map and some unwanted customisation items with unwanted game modes will not change that
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I don't like is Grind is mixed into my conquest only filter.  So I time I weed out grind.  Not much left for conquest especially when I only wanna play Fjell,Devastation,Twisted Steel maps.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No thanks. 

Why should DICE try to please gamers that dont want the original, authentic Battlefield experience from BF1942, BF2 and BF2142? There are plenty of other games they can play. Why should DICE shift it's attention to this group except for fast cash? It hurts the franchise. Many BF vets missed the old conquest feeling and gameplay in BF1. Same happened with the Battlefront games, which were a big disgrace compared to the original.

Indeed, you cant please everyone. DICE should not please the audience that initially dont like the BF experience in the first place!
    BF1942,BF2,BF2142 isn't the same DICE guys as now though.  Quality of battlefield fell hard after sexy Bad Company 2.
  • doctorrocktor
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    90 per cent of cq servers are grind,jesus this game just keeps getting worse,not a smart move to remove uk servers.Getting disconected from the german servers every game.
  • AssassinoX1
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So after playing it for a long time on Friday I found it really fun. You really have to be at the top of your game since it's non-stop action and enemies could be anywhere. The map redesigns were really refreshing to play too.

However what started to make it NOT fun is the continued netcode and bad ping issues (not my ping) since two patches ago that somehow are progressively getting even worse. I mean when shotgun blasts at a couple of yards away are just not registering it really makes you rage.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Rotterdam Grind Map is challenging, enemy camp on the sides of the canal if you try to cross at ground level and you are really not looking there as you think they are concentrating on the flag areas. I think they have done a great job with this map for Grind. It was already an intense urban/CQB map as it was in normal conquest. It's now been put on steroids. 
  • Godmodegta
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *Join the game* 
    *get face torn off by MMG*
    *Raining Piat and frag grenade launcher*

But in all honestly, I just came back try mode, its quiet.. ok?, I do like the chaos , but can also be overwhelming when there alot of MMG player.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the thing with the bridge, i would love to see that being added in Conquest, and then be able to blow up the bridge - 
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So its Domination over 3 maps then. Stop giving us rehashed modes and give us more maps FFS.
    Not at all. It's more Frontlines meets Conquest. With the narrow scope of the map, unless you are highly sneaky, it's going to be a challenge to take over the objectives near the enemies spawn unless your team works it's way over taking the other two objectives first. It kinda becomes a tug of war yet all points are up for grabs. 

When your team is not camping back with MGs, but pushing forward around you can get a funny decent match where you really feel the teamplay! i love seeing so many people running the same direction and espcially all the medics haha

• Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's horrible just like almost everything they add this game, don't waste your time
  • TheBoston
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    Id rather play conquest or domination still.
    Wood needs to play it some where....it's great. What took you so long to bring us Infantry Only? we've died with out it
  • chainloose
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well i uninstalled your game after i tried grind , back to bf4 it is
  • kushmasta421
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We went from battlefield 1942 to this... What a disaster you people are so lost someone already made call of duty
  • PvtJohnTowle
    We went from battlefield 1942 to this... What a disaster you people are so lost someone already made call of duty

Clearly you have a short memory because maps like Operation Locker and Metro (BF3 & BF4) are not much different to this type of gameplay.

This discussion has been closed.