De Lisle Commando carbine

GrizzGolf
799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
What is everyone's take on the weapon? Worth the time to unlock?

Comments

• Z4gg0R
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Personally little bit disappointed. Have unlocked it and used it for assignment (5 kills in one life).

Don't like the fact that it replaces primary weapon for medic class, I thought it would be a secondary weapon for all classes.

Reload time is quite long, and damage is not so great. Headshot is a one-shot kill, short to medium range takes 2 shots, long range 3 shots.

Not sure am going to use now that I completed the assignment except maybe for fun with stealth kills in CO-OP mode.

• B0ng0_Banger
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    worst primary in the game. some of the smgs will give you more range.
  • Jamesonoid
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's kinda fun to use. But there are definitely better options. Redeeming things about it, OHK headshot or 2BTK up to 30m, Suppressed, and you can put a 3x on it. The bad, bullet velocity(280-308 m/s), damage at range can go up to a 4BTK @ >75m, both making SMG's like the ZK .383, MP34, and Sten better for range and close quarters.  
  • KMAsterisk
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely not a Rambo gun, you'll need a 1st shot headshot or a good flank if you're going to tackle multiple enemies. Hipfire isn't bad if you lack ADS time, but as it has been mentioned in prior posts, the velocity is a drawback to where it seems someone may ADAD spam back into your shot at range. If you're the type who moves aggressively you'll have to predict your enemy's movement.

I do like the silenced aspect, someone wearing a headset will notice but if you're stealthy you can go unnoticed.
  • SillySinStorm
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried it and preferred using the SMGs. Feels ironic saying that as i've cried out for different weaponry for medics countless times. Much better options are available by taking weapons from downed assaults or supports.
  • bran1986
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The bullet velocity needs a buff, maybe to where the EMP or MP40 are at.
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently if you want a weapon that is good at range on medic you are better off using the sten with recoil reduction and accuracy bonus specs along with the regular Lattey sight. For some reason the regular sten lattey sight is missing the rear part of the sight that annoys everyone so it is really clean like almost a kobra sight.
  • bran1986
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Currently if you want a weapon that is good at range on medic you are better off using the sten with recoil reduction and accuracy bonus specs along with the regular Lattey sight. For some reason the regular sten lattey sight is missing the rear part of the sight that annoys everyone so it is really clean like almost a kobra sight.

Yeah that sight is so good on the Sten. Drunkkz3 even said the lattey sight sucked yet they will probably patch it and make the sight crap on the Sten instead of making it good on the other smgs.
  • marcanthony421
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its a meme. Some shots just miss cuz the bullets are so slow(i have the increased speed specialization btw) and unless you can get a snap headshot when you get surprised by someone you’re probably dead
  • chinook240
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think you all miss the point, as carbines are generally meant to be lighter, easier to handle weapons, intended for support soldiers. If Dice are replicating the characteristics of a carbine it won’t have high velocity, heavy damage rounds - because it’s a carbine! 
  • bran1986
    chinook240 wrote: »
    I think you all miss the point, as carbines are generally meant to be lighter, easier to handle weapons, intended for support soldiers. If Dice are replicating the characteristics of a carbine it won’t have high velocity, heavy damage rounds - because it’s a carbine! 

Except it is a video game, not real life. There has to be balance to makes weapons viable, or people won't use them and are a waste of time and resources. If a weapon is made to be a mid range weapon, it needs to be balanced against other mid range weapons.
  • chinook240
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I understand that it’s a video game, in real life you can’t rearm a Mossie in mid-flight, restore someone to full health in 10 secs or magically appear at a radio beacon behind enemy lines. However, I believe  the devs have attempted to simulate the actual weapons faithfully, allowing us to experience the wide range of weapon characteristics. If it was simply a case of using the best LMG, assault rifle, or sniper rifle then we’d only have a single weapon per class, albeit allowing a limited amount of progression with customisation.

I agree that if players don’t like the weapon, they won’t use it and it could be waste of dev’s time. Feedback is important.............
  • SirSpectacle
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The De Lisle isn't meant for support troops, it's meant for commandos, hence the name. It's not really intended for direct combat at all, but for infiltration - a tool to silently kill enemy sentries without the rest of their unit noticing anything.

It's a gun that really has no business being used on the battlefield.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

to add to already existing points made.
    the De Lisle never made it to actual combat frontline troops and was never design that way.
    also the squads medic was never absolutely never supposed to be the first in the breach because his role as medic was to support from aback and provide first aid to the wounded. this is not a accurate depiction of the war but hey everyone plays support and assault so why give a flying rats **** about the medic.....
  • chinook240
    The De Lisle isn't meant for support troops, it's meant for commandos, hence the name. It's not really intended for direct combat at all, but for infiltration - a tool to silently kill enemy sentries without the rest of their unit noticing anything.

It's a gun that really has no business being used on the battlefield.
    Agreed, that’s why I said ‘generally’, the addition of a suppressor/silencer will further reduce muzzle velocity. I would say just enjoy the experience, see if you can master the weapon’s silenced advantages. If KD ratios are why you play the game, stick to the Sten/Suomi 
  • chinook240
    “It's a gun that really has no business being used on the battlefield.”

Just like the Liberator!