Battlefield V timeline weak

StupidNameHere
50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
At this exact time in Battlefield 1's lifecycle, we had 10 DLC maps to play on AS WELL AS the base game. 

Have they added new maps besides the big "little kid mode" FStorm? I'm willing to pay for more content, I'm just not willing to pay for cosmetics. 

Remember battlepass? Those were the days..

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay let's review.
    BFV launched with 8 maps and BF1 with 9. Both got a single map about a month after release so 10 for BF1 and 9 for BFV. BF1 got a DLC with I believe 5 maps, leading up to 15 maps on March 6th of last year.
    BFV is on a cycle with steady releases with the next map set to release within the next month or so (supposed May, could be end of, who knows).
    Also, why do you call Firestorm "little kid mode"? Seems a little condescending to me. If you're willing to pay for more content, then you should have, if you didn't, spoke up about it back when everyone was complaining about paid DLC.
    I don't really get it. You're comparing a game's entire life cycle to something that's been out for 6 months. Seems a bit unfair doesn't it? Especially when BF1s life cycle was... 2 years??? Not to mention that you got WAY more maps than just 10 DLC maps. You've got I think 31 maps total with DLC + base game in BF1. At this point in BF1s life cycle, you only had 15 maps total. Not sure where your statistics are coming from.
    I don't really know why you're reminissing about having to spend more money to get a more equal gameplay experience. Don't you want to spend less?
  • StupidNameHere
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let me clarify:

If this were the timeline of B1, i.e. the first 6 months of release, we were already playing with 10 extra maps. The four from the first round, 2 free night maps, 4 from the second DLC. That's 10 extra maps in the first 6 months. That's not to mention we got permemant, extra game modes and large numbers of additional weaponry.

BV has the same maps (I hear there's only one extra map?) not including the hotly debated Firestorm, a handful of extra weapons, rebalancing issues, temporary game modes, and a broken cosmetic economy. Not to mention, Firestorm is a shot at the success of Fortnite, the game aimed at children who's parents have disposable wealth to fund ingame cosmetics as a service. I'm not sure about you but I was never excited to play someone else's game in Battlefield.  

Where did I get this informations? I googled it before I opened my mouth instead of guessing.

As to your answer about value for a product:

Would you rather pay more for a superior product as promised or would you rather pay the same amount for considerably less product with the continuing promise that you'll receive it drip feed over the course of a couple of years?

• SirSpectacle
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let me clarify:

If this were the timeline of B1, i.e. the first 6 months of release, we were already playing with 10 extra maps. The four from the first round, 2 free night maps, 4 from the second DLC. That's 10 extra maps in the first 6 months. That's not to mention we got permemant, extra game modes and large numbers of additional weaponry.

BV has the same maps (I hear there's only one extra map?) not including the hotly debated Firestorm, a handful of extra weapons, rebalancing issues, temporary game modes, and a broken cosmetic economy. Not to mention, Firestorm is a shot at the success of Fortnite, the game aimed at children who's parents have disposable wealth to fund ingame cosmetics as a service. I'm not sure about you but I was never excited to play someone else's game in Battlefield.  

Where did I get this informations? I googled it before I opened my mouth instead of guessing.

As to your answer about value for a product:

Would you rather pay more for a superior product as promised or would you rather pay the same amount for considerably less product with the continuing promise that you'll receive it drip feed over the course of a couple of years?

Your timeline is a bit off, the second BF1 DLC didn't come out until autumn 2017.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Okay let's review.BFV launched with 8 maps and BF1 with 9. Both got a single map about a month after release so 10 for BF1 and 9 for BFV. BF1 got a DLC with I believe 5 maps, leading up to 15 maps on March 6th of last year.
    BFV is on a cycle with steady releases with the next map set to release within the next month or so (supposed May, could be end of, who knows).
    .Also, why do you call Firestorm "little kid mode"? Seems a little condescending to me. If you're willing to pay for more content, then you should have, if you didn't, spoke up about it back when everyone was complaining about paid DLC.
    .I don't really get it. You're comparing a game's entire life cycle to something that's been out for 6 months. Seems a bit unfair doesn't it? Especially when BF1s life cycle was... 2 years??? Not to mention that you got WAY more maps than just 10 DLC maps. You've got I think 31 maps total with DLC + base game in BF1. At this point in BF1s life cycle, you only had 15 maps total. Not sure where your statistics are coming from..I don't really know why you're reminissing about having to spend more money to get a more equal gameplay experience. Don't you want to spend less?
    I was with you until the last paragraph.

Live services are horrible. Premium, or its equivalent, is vastly superior and I would gladly paid an extra $50 for 15-20 additional maps.
    Sadly, people that were paying for that extra content didn't feel that way this time last year. Sadly they even encouraged "Free" DLC. This is the way the market has gone for a year or so. It's an experiment and it failed. It's a bit late to change that now.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only liked Argonne forest for the vanilla maps for BF1.  I waited till premium was free before I went back to BF1.  At least for BF5 without premium I like 3 vanilla maps as in Fjell,Devastation,Twisted steel. Hopefully the one map in May and two maps in June are good as well.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    Premium = more maps, but shortly after release often dropped from map cycle
    Live-Service = less maps, but all maps are in the cycle
    Pick your poison.
    What does premium help if you can't play the maps? BF3/4 was main vanilla. And live-service is an excuse for releasing half finished games that will be finished within the lifetime, maybe^^
  • SirBobdk
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:

Live services are horrible. Premium, or its equivalent, is vastly superior and I would gladly paid an extra $50 for 15-20 additional maps.
    Agree, I would even pay more
    I guess we were a little naive to think we would the get the same for free, and at the same time keep the player base together.
    I have always liked the DLC maps and they have been worth the money, but it was also a problem with the split player base, and especially with the many dlc servers in BF1

• TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE said:

Agree, I would even pay more I guess we were a little naive to think we would the get the same for free, and at the same time keep the player base together.I have always liked the DLC maps and they have been worth the money, but it was also a problem with the split player base, and especially with the many dlc servers in BF1

I played r6s since launch. I anticipated this with live service, which is why I was so vocal during the calls to remove premium throughout bf1.

It’s unfortunate as bfv just needs more maps.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE said:

Agree, I would even pay more I guess we were a little naive to think we would the get the same for free, and at the same time keep the player base together.I have always liked the DLC maps and they have been worth the money, but it was also a problem with the split player base, and especially with the many dlc servers in BF1

I played r6s since launch. I anticipated this with live service, which is why I was so vocal during the calls to remove premium throughout bf1.

I bought Siege first day of release then kinda hated it.  Then came back last few years.  But that's pay to win if you want the new characters early.  Unless your playing a lot to earn a ton of renown to buy the characters.  Even though season pass holders get to test the new characters a week early then the rest of the community.  Also Siege has the worst toxic community ever. Either your getting voted out for no reason or team killed.  Heck people even leave in a ranked match to leave you high and dry short handed for a loss.  So I took a break from Siege back in January/February.  Bought BF5 for $30.  Just a stop gap game till Bad Company 3 and XBOX2 Anaconda releases in 2020.  I still prefer Rainbow Six Vegas 1 over Siege any day of the week.  I was a beast in sharpshooter everybody versus everybody.  I got tons of MVP's on that game.  I even coasted early so I wouldn't scare people away from the server to soon.
  • SirBobdk
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    TEKNOCODE said:

I guess they planed to finance it through microtransactions, but I doubt it will be a success. BFV need more and better maps but I don't think we are going to see many. DLC would have been the best solution and could maybe have made BFV a game to remember. I didn't think much about it during the debate in BF1 to be honest

• baroncrovax
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I paid for BFV Deluxe which was roughly the same as paying for BF1 premium previously.

Under BF1 premium, I'd be bored of playing on the French maps by now and would still be getting weekly package drops that got me skins for a whole weapon or currency that i could use to get more crates.

With BFV deluxe I am still waiting for a 2nd conquest map, and i only got 20 weeks of drops and most of those were individual weapon parts that arent even of epic quality.

I don't blame the players for the change to live service. I blame them and the youtubers for not pushing back at all save for a small group. If you are going down, at least go down fighting.
  • StupidNameHere
    Batfed1 was released nov. It got it's second DLC in april, 6 months later. So many awesome, well designed maps. You know, instead of the same launch ones?

If if you think V is better than 1, by all means, don't let me stop you. Support dice. This is the game model you truly deserve. 

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    edited April 22
    Batfed1 was released nov. It got it's second DLC in april, 6 months later. So many awesome, well designed maps. You know, instead of the same launch ones?

If if you think V is better than 1, by all means, don't let me stop you. Support dice. This is the game model you truly deserve. 

This is factually incorrect. BF1 released in Mid-October. First DLC in March.

Edit: Also, are you saying we deserve less because we are having fun with this game more than BF1? That's just really really petty dude.