Weekly BF

UK servers [Megathread]

Comments

• Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just because you have no use for courtesy does not mean that others do not have a right to expect it.  Well Said !!!!
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't feel I was ever really waiting too long for the match making to work. Mode specific maybe?
  • Trent451
    59 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Matchmaking was quick. I think Braddock seems a honest passionate guy.. I think what he is being "fed" is bs as the reason the servers have gone offline
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If thing don't improve for dice, EA dice L.A is under threat maybe it's cut back to improve profit margin and save money for the greasy corporation of ea?
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 20
    Trent451 said:
    Matchmaking was quick. I think Braddock seems a honest passionate guy.. I think what he is being "fed" is bs as the reason the servers have gone offline
    I agree, Braddock is the community manager and not responsible for these decisions.  He can only relay what is passed onto him, so if he wasn't aware of the servers being shut down he would be none the wiser.
    I do agree however Prep768, that communication within dice and to their players needs improving (i've thought this for some time) .... this is a decision that need to be resolved internally there, but like any business bad consumer relations will accumulate to consequences, its not rocket science.  In this instance one would expect information regarding closing down these two regional server hubs would either be presented on one of the battlefield news updates or passed onto one of the team to post a sticky here in the forum. 
    My in-game experience would still be poor due to such actions, but at least I wouldn't have been in the dark about it.  Still,  I've been playing on the German servers for a few days since this occurred, and its feels horrible.  Thats not a spiteful opinion, just an honest one.
  • NuttysKunKs
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Match making was always quick for me, Scotland. But i always got put into German servers lol

Surely 33 million is enough! UK servers were always full ime anyways
  • PvtJohnTowle
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to me you got shafted , just like we did in Oceania in BF1 when servers went to crap. They didn't move them however to a complete different region. 
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trent451 said:
    Found this on Reddit....

Braddock512
    Community Manager
    2 points
    ·
    1 day ago
    Sorry, I’m on PTO but here’s what I have: I checked with the team and it looks like they consolidated the data centers in Frankfurt to reduce matchmaking time and increase consistent matchmaking. I’ve already escalated this regarding some comments that ping has been impacted. I won’t know more until everyone is back from work Monday/Tuesday. Sorry I don’t have more info, buddy.

Looks like a deliberate move on EA's part. Think we can kiss the UK Servers goodbye for ever.

** Bad Decision EA your going to loose a lot more of your slowly eroding player base due to yet another stupid move **
    Isn't Andrew Wislon earning enough as CEO of  EA ? When some people have so little, some have far too much

Greed in the Extreme

As Chief Executive Officer at ELECTRONIC ARTS INC, ANDREW WILSON made $35,728,764
    My favorite is how people use a CEO's salary as a reason why things shouldn't happen. You run a billion dollar publicly traded company that requires you to be available 24/7 for 20+ years and tell me you don't deserve the highest salary.
    Give me a break.
  • doctorrocktor
    1849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Way to go dice EA,this will keep the community happy,are you purposely trying to kill whats left of this game.shame shame shame.
  • grrlpurple
    831 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just glad I didn't buy into this game even more by purchasing Boins... I'd be even more annoyed than I already am at losing local servers 😡
  • ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If this decision is unlikely to be reversed then who in their right mind would buy the next 
    release in the BF series ?

It just doesn't make financial sense.
    All of us who are not in the UK? Doesn't matter for me if servers are in the UK or in Germany. The game still plays like a steaming **** at times.

However, you lot in the UK will have to make a decision if you feel shafted enough to not buy the next game.

The uk servers going offline is only a fly in the ointment compared to the other reasons why I won’t be buying the next game!
  • flatrock101
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    • If this decision is unlikely to be reversed then who in their right mind would buy the next 
      release in the BF series ?

It just doesn't make financial sense.
    • All of us who are not in the UK? Doesn't matter for me if servers are in the UK or in Germany. The game still plays like a steaming **** at times.
    • However, you lot in the UK will have to make a decision if you feel shafted enough to not buy the next game.
    Decision already made.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 21
    This is just the tip of the iceberg for BFV. Some really strange decisions being made in this game and this one takes top spot in my opinion. Ultimately as stated this might just be the final nail which puts people off this and future BF games myself included. 

There was no reason to shut the UK servers down, just maybe limit them if you think it causes a problem with matchmaking, which is  didn't. After all the servers are only pop up servers anyway, only show up when a server is needed. It was great for months not having to play against high ping players which affect the server overall but now its back to the bad days of BF1.

No new maps in almost 5 months, one due next month, bugs and balance issues now the removal of something which wasn't needed to be removed. All i hope is they sort out the German servers now they are the only ones in Europe, because they feel very laggy. 
This discussion has been closed.