When is HC mode going to land already :(

glasgowsmile87
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 22
I've been playing battlefield games for a long time and HC mode was always my go to mode , its been a very long time since the game came out but still nothing  but one single mention of it has arrived, i'm not the kind of player that thinks taking a large calibre bullet from a sniper rifle should be a 2 shot kill in any case and this goes for the assault rifles and smg's feeling like pea shooters, can't stand hit markers too and the hud kill cams etc its not what I 've ever known in a BF game but the HC player base that does exists are just being forced to deal with it, I didn't pay a AAA price for an open beta with dribbles of content that should have been there to begin with being drip fed to us....

we should all be respected as buyers of your game and its not fair to trade of one for another in such a dismissive non informative way.

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When it comes, it's probably going to be as a time-limited mode featured in that week's ToW mission.
  • Jeffamb0
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought there wasn't going to be a HC because they didn't want to split up the player base, so those of us who enjoy HC just ended up not playing all together. Whoooops
  • full951
    2407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    If it ever comes limited time I'm gonna play the * out of it.

I personally really enjoyed hc sqaud deathmatch. Sqaud on sqaud action. A lot like BR sqauds firefights but constant action, and tickets.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i doubt HC will ever be implemented in BFV
    • visibility will make team-kills happen every other death simply because you cant distinguish the uniforms anymore
    • visibility is promoting camping so it will only be worse in a HC setting
    • attrition works against HC for you have no clue what you HP would be if i remember correct since the HUD is disabled
    there are probably more reasons to why DICE ditched HC but dont be sad. BFV is a game made  for DICE by DICE sinde they want to be on the right side of history and all + everything ppl criticize abut BFV is here because DICE/EA wants to cash in on the BR-bubble. and since that has not payed up as expected they will ditch BFV like we've never seen before.
    say what you want about "live-service" but DICE clearly is not up to the task of putting out reliable content at anything resembling a steady pace. i mean 6/7 months in and we get 2 maps to the base game. its hard to defend this game anymore but whenever you do criticize ppl just say "if you dont like it why dont you quit" and if that is the level of discussion to be expected from this community going forward we are in for a rough ride
  • glasgowsmile87
    Its a terrible situation if they never release a HC mode, i'm pretty much near leaving and playing BF4 seems more appealing as the months go by.
  • glasgowsmile87
    When it comes, it's probably going to be as a time-limited mode 

That would be like a spit in the face to the HC community :/

• Turban_Legend80
    4461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Jeffamb0 wrote: »
    I thought there wasn't going to be a HC because they didn't want to split up the player base, so those of us who enjoy HC just ended up not playing all together. Whoooops

Agreed. Not that I ever preferred hardcore over core, but choosing to make the game a “middle ground” between core and hardcore was always going to mean that nobody was going to get their preffered mode.
  • Noodlesocks
    2647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are currently no known plans for a Hardcore mode.
  • ragnarok013
    2897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    In my experience playing HC in older games the lack of standard faction and class uniforms would be a nightmare in hardcore necessitating a customization killswitch for the mode not to be a friendly fire slaughter fest.
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never as the pool of money for battlefield is drying up. Every one in Europe has to play on servers in Germany now because of cut backs. Dice L.A is under threat.

I'm concerned for battlefield future.
  • spateri1
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its not that differnet from hc in the past right now, well bf4 style which was alot better than bf1. Ttk is good, no 3d spotting and no heavy reliance on the mini map and such. You can turn the hud off anyways. Campers and such are always there but they're just part of the game. Spawn somewhere else and knife em. I am glad there are still bf4 hc servers though so why not bring it back for us bf4 style.
  • full951
    2407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience playing HC in older games the lack of standard faction and class uniforms would be a nightmare in hardcore necessitating a customization killswitch for the mode not to be a friendly fire slaughter fest.

Very true. I was surprised no one seemed to mind the removal of these standard visual markers. I was kinda bummed out classes didn't had a standard look anymore. Less tactical information imo. It was a way to size up the kinds of fight you were about to jump into
  • ragnarok013
    2897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    spateri1 said:
    Its not that differnet from hc in the past right now, well bf4 style which was alot better than bf1. Ttk is good, no 3d spotting and no heavy reliance on the mini map and such. You can turn the hud off anyways. Campers and such are always there but they're just part of the game. Spawn somewhere else and knife em. I am glad there are still bf4 hc servers though so why not bring it back for us bf4 style.
    No BF5 hard core lite is still vastly different than real hard core. In real hard core we had no spotting of any kind, no 3rd person vehicle, no minimap, no HUD, full mag dumps when you reload, 60% health, friendly fire (friendly mines also killed you from BF4 onward) and that's just the differences off the top of my head.
  • spateri1
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It wasnt ful mag dumps but I hear hc is back next month?
  • GloriousRepublic
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt the lower player base of this game can be yet split again into yet another silo. HC mode will be highly unlikely.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Short answer: September.

Long answer....

They are never going to have a mainstream hardcore mode and obviously never planned or intended one, because the fact is it's pretty niche the last several games, and really for all of battlefield history though if you go back long enough, the relative popularity was certainly higher. This is a core part of the reason why they are going to allow some private servers for free though, because that will allow the server admin to change bullet damage and thus create a hardcore mode on demand.

200% bullet damage was a much more popular version of hardcore in BF1, because that way guns kill faster but explosives aren't strengthened, compared to the normal Battlefield hardcore mode in which they dialed health down to 60% of normal, buffing all weapons. The 60% health version may or may not be possible to create.

So the answer is you'll get something like Hardcore in roughly September when private servers appear, and also an infantry only option, but you may not have all of the options you want for HC. Literally they are asking for feedback on this as it goes, being able to turn the mini map off is likely but not at this point, not a specified feature.

So for those who care, keep an eye out for news on private servers and feedback for such, especially after EA Play happens in early June because DICE is going to be revealing a fair bit about the upcoming battlefield content at that point, and shortly after that is when feedback for specific features is probably going to be most relevant.

• AdvancedMuppetry
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HC is all I ever played prior to BFV.  Didn't play BF1 more than a couple hours because I can't stand easy-mode core.  I'm playing BFV only because I do enjoy some parts of it, but the fact I have to empty a mag into someone with higher ping than me cause most of the hits to not register on the server and being reward by a one-hit superbullet death is making me want to go back to BF4.  I really hope that HC is implemented in BFV.  Not the HC of BF1, but the original HC mode of games past.  I think friendlies should be marked, but all other HUD elements removed.