Commando Carbine feels a little bit underpowered

12346»

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTZ_Dipsy said:
    It's not an all purpose gun - you're meant to flank behind an unsuspecting enemy with it
    Yeah, head-to-head gunfights with it are going to end badly for most of us, unless you're one of those guys who can deliver instant headshots every time.  It's a sneaky flanky kind of weapon for sure.
  • wiazabi
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    @parkingbrake

Unless you noted every kill by that person those 34-4 might have been like 15 commando kills 13 revolver 6 grenade kills. 

For people to truly test the ability of a weapon you avoid getting kills from other sources including sidearms as revolver is better weapon than this, it is the best way to show it is possible to do good with it.

I agree it should not have been a primary as it is just simply not good enough, a recon gadget could actually have been a very nice addition to recon.
  • parkingbrake
    3000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    The stats make it look better than it is.
    It bothers me that full stats aren't shown in the game. There's a lot of really useful information left out of the UI and I'm not really sure why.
    Indeed, is it sloppiness, or a tight budget, or are there things they just don't want us to know?  There used to be stats analysis services which could show you a player's stats in astonishing detail, far beyond what is available now.  EA cut them off, wouldn't let them access data anymore, presumably as part of their move to first limit admin control of rented servers and then do away with rented servers altogether.  What is gained by not letting us see detailed weapon stats?  Seems like dumbing-down BF is an actual agenda.
  • parkingbrake
    Yeah I got massacred trying to use it, iron sights I was too close and getting smashed by smgs and assault rifles, but trying a bit  further away with scopes I can't hit anything that's moving. wondering if I should have tried the hipfire upgrade and using it like a shotgun.

I get the feeling that this is not a CQB weapon so if you're using it on small more intense modes like Grind you may have a bad day.
    A guy I played with and against a couple of days ago was getting at least thirty kills a round with that thing in Grind, and only a few deaths.  He was either one of the best players I've ever seen or he was getting some outside help.  Rank 50, so if he's not legit he's been able to get away with it.  This looks like a weapon that exceptionally skilled players will be able to use to make the rest of us feel bad, reminds me somewhat of the Phantom Bow.
  • parkingbrake
    wiazabi said:
    @parkingbrake

Unless you noted every kill by that person those 34-4 might have been like 15 commando kills 13 revolver 6 grenade kills. 

For people to truly test the ability of a weapon you avoid getting kills from other sources including sidearms as revolver is better weapon than this, it is the best way to show it is possible to do good with it.

I agree it should not have been a primary as it is just simply not good enough, a recon gadget could actually have been a very nice addition to recon.
    Fair enough, but based on what I saw and what other players posted in chat, this guy could snap and make headshots at will, nobody was commenting on his revolver or grenade kills.  Some players are just that good, although some folks seemed to think his skill was a bit suspect--who knows?
  • SirBobdk
    3694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
      Some players are just that good, although some folks seemed to think his skill was a bit suspect--who knows?
    If it swims like a fish, eats like a fish and looks like a fish, it is probably a fish. You have been around for so long, so I guess you have a good feeling when something is not quit right.

• SirSpectacle
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The stats make it look better than it is.
    It bothers me that full stats aren't shown in the game. There's a lot of really useful information left out of the UI and I'm not really sure why.
    Indeed, is it sloppiness, or a tight budget, or are there things they just don't want us to know?  There used to be stats analysis services which could show you a player's stats in astonishing detail, far beyond what is available now.  EA cut them off, wouldn't let them access data anymore, presumably as part of their move to first limit admin control of rented servers and then do away with rented servers altogether.  What is gained by not letting us see detailed weapon stats?  Seems like dumbing-down BF is an actual agenda.

This is nothing new for Battlefield, apart from ROF and ammo count the weapon stats displayed in-game have always been completely made up. Data mining the files has been the only way to get actual information.
  • Hawxxeye
    4720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
      Some players are just that good, although some folks seemed to think his skill was a bit suspect--who knows?
    If it swims like a fish, eats like a fish and looks like a fish, it is probably a fish.

It could also be Cetacean
  • SirBobdk
    3694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    It could also be Cetacean
    Hehe, true mate
  • OrionPherrit
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not in denial about de Lisle: It’s just not suited for a standup fight, unless you’re very good at flanking & sneak attacks. We really need a few night maps so we can use it to full advantage. If Dice is too cheap to provide them, I will settle for recycling Prise & Nivelle from BF1. Or simply take an existing map & tweak the gamma way down — should take about 5 minutes of coding. 😝

Bullets are rather slow, but that’s probably realistic as they needed to be slowed to subsonic in order to avoid the crack. If it’s not too complicated an order for Dice, cartridges should be interchangeable with M1911, as they used the same .45 ACP ammo.

About all I can use it for now is trading FMJ lovenotes with enemy snipers or nerfherder parties with friends. 😅
  • Hawxxeye
    4720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bullets are rather slow, but that’s probably realistic as they needed to be slowed to subsonic in order to avoid the crack.
    If subsonic bullets are so slow then the strafing speed of the soldiers is supersonic and thus should produce the crack each time they change direction
  • StealthAria
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Bullets are rather slow, but that’s probably realistic as they needed to be slowed to subsonic in order to avoid the crack.
    If subsonic bullets are so slow then the strafing speed of the soldiers is supersonic and thus should produce the crack each time they change direction
    I think they should anyway.  Some of these direction changes are definitely breaking the sound barrier, I'm pretty sure that head acceleration from ADAD spam is faster than the bullet from my Krag.