I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To be fair, that policy is how ALL games used to be sold.

You buy a game because you liked it.

Somewhere along the lines, that changed and people now expect a game to be changed to cater to them so they'll buy it.

It doesnt just apply to games either, its seeping through retail all over.

It will be the end of us...

Heck in the UK, the customs office is no longer sending letters out saying "Dear Sir/Madam"  because they received a complaint.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps I am missing something, @StarscreamUK
    but what are you replying to, or commenting about, when you say, "people expect a game to be changed to cater to them?"  Are you talking about our want/desire for anti-cheat or RSP?
  • StarscreamUK
    7269 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I was replying to edwin, see the post directly before mine at the bottom of page 219  Anticheat is in game, it isnt transparent, and nobody knows how many people have been banned, thats wrong imo. RSP is something I've already spoken about previously and I'm not going down that rabbit hole again, rsp is a necessity imo.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't you like to think that the latest triple A fps shooter would include at the very least a clientside anticheat and support RSP! Absolutely mind boggling poor decisions to leave out both which are the core fundamentals in any half decent modern game. There is no anticheat in BF V. FF is a statistic analysis tool and a poor one at that. There is zero clientside ac in BF V and it appears as though there is nothing server side. Looks like there are a couple of people in a room handing out the odd ban. Nothing more. No stats. No naming of cheaters.. Easy to rebuy a new account/game.. the whole thing is a mess. If they wanted to clear up the cheating there are two easy steps to take that would go a long way in restoring faith amongst the loyal fans and rebuilding support, not to mention EA would be reaping the rewards from massive sales.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Recorded this on 04/14/2019

https://streamable.com/st3hk

Sean Merson said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bfm2du/do_not_do_the_grind_flare_challenge_warning/elf80y6/

Producer
    24 points·1 day ago

That's a fair argument. I can say the majority of the time these people are already flagged for bans before it's even posted to Reddit. I can also say we've banned 70% more people in BFV then BF1 (time adjusted) on PC so far with zero sign of slowing down.

It falls flat...Just "flat."  So, he is flagged for a ban...He has rage hacked over 200 rounds.  14 KDR, over 5 KPM, 1500 SPM.  But he is probably flagged for a ban.  When will that ban happen?  Two more weeks from now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bgazip/hacker_rage_hacker_recorded_and_reported_04142019/

Don't believe them for one second.. they have 0 cred.

And I repeat... they actively moderate these forums but not their game servers. Priorities.  
  • StarscreamUK

Sean Merson said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bfm2du/do_not_do_the_grind_flare_challenge_warning/elf80y6/

Producer
    24 points·1 day ago

That's a fair argument. I can say the majority of the time these people are already flagged for bans before it's even posted to Reddit. I can also say we've banned 70% more people in BFV then BF1 (time adjusted) on PC so far with zero sign of slowing down.

It falls flat...Just "flat."  So, he is flagged for a ban...He has rage hacked over 200 rounds.  14 KDR, over 5 KPM, 1500 SPM.  But he is probably flagged for a ban.  When will that ban happen?  Two more weeks from now?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bgazip/hacker_rage_hacker_recorded_and_reported_04142019/

And I repeat... they actively moderate these forums but not their game servers. Priorities.  
    No, we actively moderate these forums, we dont work for dice or ea.  we have nothing to do with in game actions.
  • OskooI_007
    707 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sean Merson said:

Merson316Producer24 points·1 day agoThat's a fair argument. I can say the majority of the time these people are already flagged for bans before it's even posted to Reddit. I can also say we've banned 70% more people in BFV then BF1 (time adjusted) on PC so far with zero sign of slowing down.

I'm convinced it takes so long to ban cheaters in Battlefield due to DICE manually reviewing each 'flagged' account before issuing a ban. There's probably only a handful of employees at EA who review cheat reports and have the authority to issue bans.

Until DICE moves to an automated anti-cheat system they will never be able to keep up with the manual review process. Industry standard anti-cheat systems, such as BattlEye, automatically scan for known cheats and automatically issue bans with no human interaction.

BattlEye has issued over 13 million bans in PUBG. You think someone manually reviewed all 13 million PUBG accounts before issuing those bans? I think not, but that's what DICE is doing with their 'home brewed' anti-cheat system.
  • GirthQQuakes
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CoD WWII has no anti-cheat either. I stopped playing after about 10 hours because cheating was rampant there too. I'll never buy another CoD game. If Battlefield cant make an investment in anti cheat, I'll be staying away from future titles. 
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CoD WWII has no anti-cheat either. I stopped playing after about 10 hours because cheating was rampant there too. I'll never buy another CoD game. If Battlefield cant make an investment in anti cheat, I'll be staying away from future titles. 

BFV have an anti-cheat system, but it is not transparent and we don't know how effective it is. We can only see cheaters that seem to be able to continue to play.

FF do ban players, but we dont know how many.

But the situation right now is very unsatisfactory.

EA/dices seem to keep all informations closed. Player count and cheat situation, which only gives a feeling that the situation is bad and they do not want it to go public

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't you like to think that the latest triple A fps shooter would include at the very least a clientside anticheat and support RSP! Absolutely mind boggling poor decisions to leave out both which are the core fundamentals in any half decent modern game. There is no anticheat in BF V. FF is a statistic analysis tool and a poor one at that. There is zero clientside ac in BF V and it appears as though there is nothing server side. Looks like there are a couple of people in a room handing out the odd ban. Nothing more. No stats. No naming of cheaters.. Easy to rebuy a new account/game.. the whole thing is a mess. If they wanted to clear up the cheating there are two easy steps to take that would go a long way in restoring faith amongst the loyal fans and rebuilding support, not to mention EA would be reaping the rewards from massive sales.

Could you give me an example of a "clientside" anti-cheat currently in uses which has proven to be effective?  Are you referring to anti-cheats which try to detect hacks on user computers?

Fortnite uses two anti-cheats, BattleEye and EAC, and as you can see on that game's forums there are players claiming Fortnite has no anti-cheat at all which they know because that game is riddled with cheaters.  PUBG has three anti-cheats including BattleEye, and the worst cheating I've ever seen in an online game.

Could EA do far more to suppress cheating?  Absolutely, at times they almost seem to roll out the welcome mat for hack users with their promotional offers that allow cheaters to spoil games with no fear of any consequences beyond losing a cheap and anonymous account.  But let's not pretend that using a different anti-cheat system would have some instant magical result.  If that were possible then Fortnite and PUBG would be cheat-free, and they certainly are not.  I think the problem with cheating in BFV is that EA is doing the bare minimum, the PC platform is no longer important enough to them to make any effort beyond that.  I won't be surprised if BF6 isn't even released on PC.
  • STOPchris
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Sean Merson said:

Producer
    24 points·1 day ago

Well, the truth would be more damaging to their bottom line then banning cheaters. 
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Comment/reply will be posted once approved.... @mod plz.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    Th3PetrolHead said:

Could you give me an example of a "clientside" anti-cheat currently in uses which has proven to be effective?  Are you referring to anti-cheats which try to detect hacks on user computers?

Fortnite uses two anti-cheats, BattleEye and EAC, and as you can see on that game's forums there are players claiming Fortnite has no anti-cheat at all which they know because that game is riddled with cheaters.  PUBG has three anti-cheats including BattleEye, and the worst cheating I've ever seen in an online game.

Could EA do far more to suppress cheating?  Absolutely, at times they almost seem to roll out the welcome mat for hack users with their promotional offers that allow cheaters to spoil games with no fear of any consequences beyond losing a cheap and anonymous account.  But let's not pretend that using a different anti-cheat system would have some instant magical result.  If that were possible then Fortnite and PUBG would be cheat-free, and they certainly are not.  I think the problem with cheating in BFV is that EA is doing the bare minimum, the PC platform is no longer important enough to them to make any effort beyond that.  I won't be surprised if BF6 isn't even released on PC.

Well you've basically highlighted one of the most game breaking flaws in BF V. Other games use 2-3 anticheats. BF V has NONE! FF is not an anticheat in the same way EAC and BE are. I would be far happier if I knew BF V had at least one or two 3rd party deep and random scanning clientside acs. You could be sure we'd have many bans then. Cheat free.. never but it's the bare minimum standard needed. EA/Dice have failed with providing security to their game despite stating BF V would lead the way in the anticheat dept. Wouldn't one or more acs work better than having nothing?!! They might as well leave the keys in the door..
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    So, wait, they do hardware bans?

=======================================================

In my squad of regulars I have a friend who decided to camp the ammo box pumping out flares a few weeks ago (just on regular game modes). He later got his account banned by fairfight.

He liked the game, so he decided to buy another copy, and then in a turn of idiocy decided to repeat his flaring activities about a week or two after having his new account - and got banned again (yup...).

==================================

From

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bepdhq/so_i_played_my_first_round_of_grind_only_using/

So, either this guy is lying about being banned, or EA is lying to us about hardware bans.

• SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you get ban for camping ammo box shooting flares?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Sean Merson said no.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    edited April 23
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Sean Merson said no.
    Sean Merson says a lot of things...

=====
    Merson316 Producer 25 points·2 days ago

=====

So, he says people are, "flagged for bans before [their videos are] even posted to Reddit."

Perhaps that is true.  Then again, we would need to make a distinction between, "Flagged for a ban," and "banned."  I have put up videos on Reddit, that the rage hacker continues on for THREE WEEKS.

He is playing subtle semantic games; hedging comments, and using what we call, "weasel words."

I wouldn't take a phrase that he says at literal face value.  Read what he says like a lawyer would, because at this stage, you can BET that his posts on reddit and other places *are* looked at by a lawyer before posting.

This discussion has been closed.