Sell BFV to me

13»

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @SmokeD_BabooN - i’ll Singh to you next time
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gunplay is the best of the series in terms of recoil patterns and non random bullet deviation. The game has all the tools to be great but got messed up by DICE, EA and the BR genre clout chasing. What you got is a game no one asked for. From the MMGs, attrition to content starvation/live service. It all becomes painfully clear after sinking 50+ hours into it. I would recommend avoiding the game until it’s finished by then hopefully a better title emerges.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What year is it? 2013?

Look at the FF-crew... Chilling out, maxin´ relaxin´& shooting some doritos outside of D-flag....

• Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    What year is it? 2013? Look at the FF-crew... Chilling out, maxin´ relaxin´& shooting some doritos outside of D-flag....

And not a Medic in sight!
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    What year is it? 2013? Look at the FF-crew... Chilling out, maxin´ relaxin´& shooting some doritos outside of D-flag....

What a time to be alive... On a serious note: can we still play Metro Grind on BFV?
  • Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

What a time to be alive... On a serious note: can we still play Metro Grind on BFV?

You could last night......
  • Trokey66
    @SmokeD_BabooN - i’ll Singh to you next time

• UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face said:
    Gunplay is the best of the series in terms of recoil patterns and non random bullet deviation. The game has all the tools to be great but got messed up by DICE, EA and the BR genre clout chasing. What you got is a game no one asked for. From the MMGs, attrition to content starvation/live service. It all becomes painfully clear after sinking 50+ hours into it. I would recommend avoiding the game until it’s finished by then hopefully a better title emerges.
    BFV once tweaked has become the best of the series in terms of gun play, movement, squad play and graphics - agreed.  It's actually quite a marvel.  The only problem we have is content starvation in terms of maps.  The premium pass would have taken this game to new heights.  Could you imaging getting a map pack based on Stalingrad or even Omaha Beach Battlefield style? DICE has the formula now; they just need to execute properly. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    BFV will make BF4 and BF1 feel a lot more fun.  

Also at this point sales are enough below expectations that the message us true heroes sent by not buying the game has been heard loud and clear and thus your non-purchase isn't needed nearly as much as this point.
    Don't kid yourself, BFV has sold as many copies as BF4 so it's not like EA lost money on it.  They'll think twice about putting political/cultural aspects so up-front in future games, but beyond that I bet they've learned nothing.  Disastrous aspects of BFV like no rented servers and live service will probably be in BF6 because EA just thinks they have to fine tune that stuff a bit, they won't admit there's anything wrong with their business model.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Tough one to do mate.

BFV has all the right elements just perhaps not in the right order if you get my meaning.

Some games I would immediately recommend, others I would tell you to avoid like the plague.

This one?

You will not get a sensible, objective response on this here. The haters will hate and the true fanboys will wax lyrical, neither will be helpful.

This game is Marmite and as such, the only way to know for sure is to play it.

I love marmite but BFV really could have done things better... much things... much better
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some great responses here, thanks guys.
    I guess there’s no harm doing the Origin access thing.

@fisknyllet17 - I may join you mate, it’s very tempting. But it all depends on how the premier league season plays out.

If City win then it’ll be like the good old days of BF3 & BF4. If the scum win then it’s been nice knowing you lol

EDIT: I mean scousers, honest. Damn autocorrect.
    I'd caution you about making up your mind in only ten hours.  It took me awhile to even begin to figure out how to play BFV, it's different enough from the previous games that there is a learning curve, at least there was for me.  Having a seriously negative KDR in almost every round probably doesn't translate to fun for most folks, it's only when they begin to do a bit better that they'll enjoy themselves.

I play games more when my team loses, if they're winning I'll be in front of the TV rather than the computer.   No wonder I play these games so much, at least the last few years....
  • parkingbrake
    V2Face said:
    Don't put too much weight on specific design choices like attrition or how they handled MMGs, keep in mind that lots of players like things that drive other players nuts.  E.g. I think doing away with 3D spotting was a good idea, but some guys hate that, opinions on such things are always divided.  IMO it's things outside the game that are really hurting it, Live Service and the content drought being a good example.  One new map in six months is a far bigger deal than attrition from where I stand.
  • trip1ex
    4643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

Also at this point sales are enough below expectations that the message us true heroes sent by not buying the game has been heard loud and clear and thus your non-purchase isn't needed nearly as much as this point.
    Don't kid yourself, BFV has sold as many copies as BF4 so it's not like EA lost money on it.  They'll think twice about putting political/cultural aspects so up-front in future games, but beyond that I bet they've learned nothing.  Disastrous aspects of BFV like no rented servers and live service will probably be in BF6 because EA just thinks they have to fine tune that stuff a bit, they won't admit there's anything wrong with their business model.
    No one said they lost money on it.  But they did make a lot less money on it.   We're talking well over $300 million less than expected.  Obviously that is due to us unsung heroes who did not buy this one.  lol.

I think they will learn something as they always do when sales aren't as expected.  That's the only time they change things.  You are right to not expect miracles though.  I certainly don't.  I just expect a more fun game overall. 
  • ElliotLH
    7722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:

You could last night......

Still up today. Think we have 2 days left?

--

As for selling the game: If you have a gas mask fetish then this is the game for you.
  • ItsGavlar
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sell BF V hmm the only thing it has going for it right now is it’s not Fortnite...Does that count ?
  • parkingbrake
    trip1ex said:
    trip1ex said:

No one said they lost money on it.  But they did make a lot less money on it.   We're talking well over $300 million less than expected.  Obviously that is due to us unsung heroes who did not buy this one.  lol.

I think they will learn something as they always do when sales aren't as expected.  That's the only time they change things.  You are right to not expect miracles though.  I certainly don't.  I just expect a more fun game overall. 
     EA said BFV sold a million fewer copies than their sales goal.  That works out to $60 million, not $300 million.  If you mean in comparison to BF1, okay, then they made $300 million less (although I bet they were surprised at how well BF1 sold).  Now the question is why did BFV not do as well as BF1?  The political stuff prior to launch was certainly part of it, the popularity of some huge BR games like PUBG and Fortnite might be part of it too.  But I think the lack of rented severs and the once thriving clan community also played a role.  In BF3 I belonged to a clan with over a hundred members, and every one of them pre-ordered BF4--and there were thousands of clans back then.  BF1 began the destruction of that community and BFV is finishing it.  With a WWII theme BFV should have been a slam-dunk winner, but EA has managed to screw that up with their ill-advised decisions.  I bet skin sales are a fraction of what they'd like to see, but most BF players could have told them that ahead of time if EA was a company that cares what its customers think, and they clearly are not.
  • trip1ex
    4643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    EA sold a million less than expectations for just Q3.  

These " expectations" were expectations revised downward once already back in Sept/October.  In other words it sold a million less than already reduced expectations.   

Next the game has been discounted 50% since its first week in Q3.  That means a huge chunk of its reduced unit sales brought in half the money.  

Last EA lowered estimates by ~$450 million back in October-ish for the fiscal year.  They further lowered estimates in January or February.   Much of this due to BFV.

It has dramatically undersold.  The silver lining is hopefully they will make a more fun title next time around.  
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face said:
    BFV once tweaked has become the best of the series in terms of gun play, movement, squad play and graphics - agreed.  It's actually quite a marvel.  The only problem we have is content starvation in terms of maps.  The premium pass would have taken this game to new heights.  Could you imaging getting a map pack based on Stalingrad or even Omaha Beach Battlefield style? DICE has the formula now; they just need to execute properly. 

Not sure where you comin from. In terms of movement is by far under BF4, infy speaking, cause vehicles right...facepalm.

The single thing that resembles with a marvel are all those proned people, camping corners, unseen, glitching into ground.
    Actually first 20 hours, I thought ground is actually spitting bullets.