Weekly Debrief

This Week in Battlefield V - April 22nd Edition

Braddock512
1286 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 24

Squad Conquest returns this week, a new Weekly Storyline, and the next update is around the corner. Let's get it!

Photo Credit to CommanderWacky

• Monday, 4/22/2019

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!

• Squad Conquest Returns Community Blog

• Tuesday, 4/23/2019

• Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week - Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!

• Last Chance for Weekly Mission Reward - Give the ToW Mission a final push if you haven't completed it yet.

• Wednesday, 4/24/2019

• Thursday, 4/25/2019

• Friday, 4/26/2019

• Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week.

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• PaRaEater
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of snipers and I'll start enjoying bfv again. Everyone just hides behind rocks and trees and snipes at the real game players. My enjoyment of bfv is waning fast because sniping isn't a skill.
  • PaRaEater
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    Or bring back spotting on people using sniper rifles.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    rework of class-balance and weapon redistribution when? its been half a year and class balance is still the old META go assault or bi-pod LMG/MMG and profit !
  • Hawxxeye
    5506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rework of class-balance and weapon redistribution when? its been half a year and class balance is still the old META go assault or bi-pod LMG/MMG and profit !
    Quite right, there is too much power concentrated in just the assault class. It has at least one good gun for every anti infantry engagement from zero to a couple of hundreds meters while it also has almost all the anti vehicle gadgets.
  • Waffen2nd
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    X_Sunslayer_X said:

Quite right, there is too much power concentrated in just the assault class. It has at least one good gun for every anti infantry engagement from zero to a couple of hundreds meters while it also has almost all the anti vehicle gadgets.

It would be nice as medic to at least get one AT grenade or ONE Panzerfaust
  • shaunUK24
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PaRaEater said:
    Get rid of snipers and I'll start enjoying bfv again. Everyone just hides behind rocks and trees and snipes at the real game players. My enjoyment of bfv is waning fast because sniping isn't a skill.

You seem to be really biased against recons, have you ever tried having a good round with the class in BFV?I see you have 116 times more kills with Assault which is what the skillful players play apparently...

How do you know how many assault kills he has?
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    shaunUK24 said:
    PaRaEater said:

You seem to be really biased against recons, have you ever tried having a good round with the class in BFV?I see you have 116 times more kills with Assault which is what the skillful players play apparently...

How do you know how many assault kills he has? 

By checking his stats. 
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PaRaEater wrote: »

show me a 5 man clip with a sniper before whining about if its a skill or not.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hawxxeye said:

all that would be needed is 2 weapons from assault or to distribute it one assault class weapon and one LMG from support. i mean medic already has the least weapons by all classes, it took the longest to get a new gun as well and has no real versatility within its arsenal.
    but hey it would at least be nice if DICE devs talked to us and answered questions about the game at large but hey "communication improvements". im just sorry for @Barddock512 ;  because he's virtually alone weathering the resentment   of a community thats on the tipping point.
    well i guess better luck in BF2020 with class balance and maybe getting rid of attrition again would be a better way for DICE since everything bad can to some extend be traced back to thatg dreadful idea to make BR work in the same game.
    and another tip in case a dev gets lost and reads this if you want to make a BR game make one without compromising BF at large for it
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When is the next patch coming?
  • Hawxxeye
    5506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

all that would be needed is 2 weapons from assault or to distribute it one assault class weapon and one LMG from support. i mean medic already has the least weapons by all classes, it took the longest to get a new gun as well and has no real versatility within its arsenal.
    but hey it would at least be nice if DICE devs talked to us and answered questions about the game at large but hey "communication improvements". im just sorry for @Barddock512 ;  because he's virtually alone weathering the resentment   of a community thats on the tipping point.
    well i guess better luck in BF2020 with class balance and maybe getting rid of attrition again would be a better way for DICE since everything bad can to some extend be traced back to thatg dreadful idea to make BR work in the same game.
    and another tip in case a dev gets lost and reads this if you want to make a BR game make one without compromising BF at large for it
    >Hopefully Random-storm will crash and burn hard enough that they will not try that again.
    >I still cannot see how they failed to see that the direction they took the class balance from the Beta and after would create "Sir Action Man with his 3 Squires who carry the gadgets that Sir Action Man deems bellow his station to hold on to so that they will be used for his benefit (healing, ammo and spotting)
  • Jarp75
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When will you finally adress the netcode issues that got worse after the last 2 patches?
  • johnkapa1
    216 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When are you going to surprise us and release the map early so we actually have something to look forward too instead of these game modes no one wants? 
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Waffen2nd said:
    X_Sunslayer_X said:

It would be nice as medic to at least get one AT grenade or ONE Panzerfaust
    Think of yourself as a conscious objector who can't kill or carry a weapon of war. LOL

• Noodlesocks
    2873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been a few weeks with nothing interesting to report.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we get some weapon balancing, visibility updates, and netcode fixes?
  • VOLBANKER
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been defending the current visibility, but I must admit it’s becoming annoying to me too.

That, and all the other issues this game has.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I’ve been defending the current visibility, but I must admit it’s becoming annoying to me too.

That, and all the other issues this game has.
    LOL only a matter of time my friend