Victory after being "Burned" ?

ProHamster
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Twice now I've had games that came down to just me and one other player, I've killed that other player, then been killed by firestorm ( the game telling me I've been "burned" ) before then being shown the "V or Victory" end game screen where I walk out alive ? Is this common ? My guess is this is lag related, not me but rather the other player is lagging. I usually have very low ping, so presume this is just server side catch up awarding me the win after I've "died" client side ? I can't find any info on this board about this ? This is on PS4 Pro btw.

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The match officially ended when the second to last player died, so if you were killed by the firestorm after that, it happened after the match and so didn't actually count.
  • ProHamster
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's seems so odd for the game to say in big letters "You are dead" and then the next moment the Victory screen appears and the character strolls out of the firestorm LOL here's an example :

I've started to call this type of win a "Pheonix Finish" :smile:
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You were the last person alive so you won, the fact you then died is relevant.