This Week in Battlefield V

Activate game error

KBHMN
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I have owned this game for a few years now. Just trying to join a server today it is saying to activate unknown game?

I logged out of Origin, signed back in... bug still persists. Same with logging out and back in on battlelog.

Comments

• HALC0NX4
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same here WHAT DA HELL !!! ??
    I own the game for few years as well , I tried to join via BATTLE LOG and get the message of ACTIVATE my game ?!! After ORIGIN update it screw it all Majestically !
    NEED a FIX pronto !!
  • KBHMN
    EA can you help un-screw your customers??? Thanks.
  • opsis_1
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately you'll have to use the crappy in game launcher for now till they fix it. BLFE
  • KBHMN
    opsis_1 said:
    Unfortunately you'll have to use the crappy in game launcher for now till they fix it. BLFE

Yah I noticed. EA... the only company that can screw up a 6 year old game hahaha.
  • cH3MiKiLL
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chance that they don't provide a fix?  HIGH
  • Ethanmad
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    having this problem with battlefield hardline when I tried playing the campaign, dammit man, I really wanted to play this. and I doubt they're actually gonna fix it
  • IIPrest0nII
    1822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi all,

EA is aware and working on it:

We are aware of the issue trying to start games using Battlelog and that you get an activation window coming up. The only workaround is starting Battlefield 4 using the origin launcher and not Battlelog. 

No eta on a fix but we are working on it. 

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Unidentified-game-problem/m-p/7800285#M231227
  • skill_kiII
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When that will be fixed? In-game server browser is not showing all servers and my favorites are just like 3 servers while in battlelog are more than 20 ....  they couldn't even make a proper in game server browser and now they managed to screw a 6 year old game ... AMAZING !
  • Ethanmad
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and also, for a couple of the games on there, they don't even have a built in server browser, like hardline and 3, so it's not possible to play any of those games until it's fixed, which will eventually happen, hopefully, but who knows
  • cujo600
    same here tonight, they had me reboot, cleared the cache, not fixed..........sigh...........
  • IRussao
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You need to use "Internet explorer", not the edge version or Firefox
    Then go to battlelog settings and turn off "Game Launch" (Use plugin-free game launching )
    then try to play any server, if it ask you to download anything, then download and install, then try to join.
  • Ethanmad
    it works! thank you!
  • I_Despise_Games
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Internet Explorer? Is this some kind of late April Fools?
  • Colklink112
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No Joke  I tried  the  IE way and it works!!
  • Aguap4nela
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Internet Explorer workaround works!
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They want to kill battlelog.
  • IIPrest0nII
    1822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The issue is fixed and here is the solution from EA:

We've received reports that launching Battlefield Hardline on PC has encountered some issues related to the Origin client and Battlelog.
    Today, we've released an Origin Beta client update that will resolve this issue.

To get this update:

1. Launch and sign in to the Origin client.
    2. Select Application Settings from the Origin menu.
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the Application tab and find the Client update section.
    4. Toggle the switch to On next to Participate in Origin client betas.

You'll need to restart Origin, which will then download the Origin Beta Update, and can then launch Battlefield Hardline properly.

Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue and we'll see you on the battlefield!

The Battlefield Team

Source: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/186137/battlefield-hardline-launching-issue-origin#latest
  • opsis_1
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fix works great PrestOn..thx
  • opsis_1
    The fix works great..thx IIPrest0nII