Anyone Else Constantly on Losing Team?

2»

Comments

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TW33NSW4G wrote: »
    Being a player who has been playing Battlefield for 15 years, has a consistent 2+ KDR and plays the objective, I find it odd that I consistently play for hours without winning a SINGLE game. I am constantly placed on the losing team. Even if I am the only one getting objectives on my team, end up placing top, it doesn't matter. Is team balancing just awful in BFV or something?

I had to play 14 games to get my first win on my account. Wondering if others are having this same issue. I think I've played maybe 2 or 3 rounds so far where team play was happening on my side. Pretty uninviting if you ask me.

The cause of game blowouts, is caused by the lack of vehicles, players grab a tank or Arty truck and camp and snipe.

The game rewards this.
    Bigger capture area would stop alot of campers.
    There is an artillery truck in battlefield v?Also if the capture areas where bigger players would just stay further out from the flag and would lead to more camping not less.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Confirmation Bias.
    You have a negative perception of either the game or the player base, and only the things that reinforce/confirm that stuck in your mind.
    You have lost only slightly more than you’ve won, so you are not CONSISTANTLY on the losing side. But your victories do not resonate, confirm the prejudice ... so are discarded/do not register/carry the same emotional weight.

Everyone does it, so I’m not attacking you for it.
    I’m about 45/55 l/w but that data has never been important to me on how much I enjoy the game so I rarely remember winning or losing. For me it’s K/D and how highly me and my squad place... and I do ok. I have bad rounds, good rounds, mediocre rounds... I’m in it for the kills. It’s very easy for me to remember ALL the **** deaths I suffer, it feels like I die all the time and quickly. But that’s MY confirmation bias... my escapes, close calls..., of which I have many... I forget because they imply that the game works, my Death was justified and it was probably my bad luck/judgement.
    Likewise I am positive k/d most rounds regardless of loadout. I might headshot 8 and kill 15 with a sniper rifle... but the 4 guys I thought I head shot but only got 55 on ... they stick in my mind.. and confirm my suspicions that the game is lagging and I’ve been robbed of my kills because it’s the game and not me.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Feels weird losing compared to my stats on Bad Company 2.  2,964 games played.  2,006 wins and 958 losses.  That's a 2.09 win rate.  As for BF5 its 85 wins and 133 losses for a 39% win rate.  That's lousy.  But factor in the free losses joining each server first map is a loss most of the time.  Then I have to decide if I can turn the tides for the next map.  Also factor in we have to leave to add a new assignment after each unlock in the main menu and not in game.  So i'm leaving a lot after a match to equip a new assignment.  So odds are I will yet again get another free loss returning to the servers after equipping a new assignment.
  • ElliotLH
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like I am when playing Grind.
  • olavafar
    2017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Feels weird losing compared to my stats on Bad Company 2.  2,964 games played.  2,006 wins and 958 losses.  That's a 2.09 win rate.  As for BF5 its 85 wins and 133 losses for a 39% win rate.  That's lousy.  But factor in the free losses joining each server first map is a loss most of the time.  Then I have to decide if I can turn the tides for the next map.  Also factor in we have to leave to add a new assignment after each unlock in the main menu and not in game.  So i'm leaving a lot after a match to equip a new assignment.  So odds are I will yet again get another free loss returning to the servers after equipping a new assignment.
    Your win rate (wins/total games) of BC2 is actually 68% if you want a number to compare against 39% and the 39% is most likely due to your server changes because people mostly leave space in losing sides.

(Correct balancing puts everyone at 50% in random matches so obviously also BC2 had an even more serious balancing problem if we'd only go by these numbers).
  • bigiain
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of an obvious squad shuffle at the end of the round is bizarre, I can't understand how they can leave that out.

The TTD and the assignments have messed up the way a lot of people play. In previous games you had people hill humping to buff their K/D, in this a lot of players seem terrified of the flags, they'll hang back with an SMG. The constantly changing modes might mean players with less time are never really getting to grips with the game as well.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Grind was awful in that regards, little room to move if the other team was doing their job by playing the objective while our team was a bunch of lemmings walking towards a cliff.

Especially if you end up in a lobby where theres 2-3clans on one side and randoms on the other, grind quickly became like playing suez stuck behind flag A within the first 5 minutes.
  • ElliotLH
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

Grind was awful in that regards, little room to move if the other team was doing their job by playing the objective while our team was a bunch of lemmings walking towards a cliff.

Especially if you end up in a lobby where theres 2-3clans on one side and randoms on the other, grind quickly became like playing suez stuck behind flag A within the first 5 minutes.

Pretty much. I really enjoyed grind but feeling like you're perpetually on the side getting stomped it got a bit tiring.

Well that and the fact that I'm playing utter pants at the moment, so that might have a lot to do with it too.
  • Tullzter
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I constantly got destroyed in Grind, i think out of 20 games, i must've won two (even though i consider myself an OK player) but i kept getting dumped on the losing team for some reason
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It used to be that the server browser provided us with useful information like how many tickets were left on each side, so we could make an informed decision on whether we wanted to join a server.  Since this was a useful feature, DICE got rid of it.  So now even if we use the advanced server search and join a specific server we have little idea what we're getting into.  If I see a server where it's 28/32, that usually means one side has players bailing out because the game is hopelessly one-sided and of course I'll be joining the losing side.  That happened so many times last night I began immediately leaving the server rather than waste time on a team composed of headless chickens.  Why DICE insists on not duplicating useful features in the UI and the game is beyond me, it's like they never looked at older versions of the game to see what worked.