Grind game mode

Kingcraft12_play
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Good afternoon, I would like to know if it is possible to Grind game mode continue in the game forever. I'm having a really nice time playing it and I'm sure most of other players would agree with me. I personally love infantry focus maps and close quarters combat and I would love to see some maps like Operation Metro or Fort de Vaux. Keep your good job and thank you for all this new content every week!

Comments

• Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    I love this mode, some people hate it but I love it. It's not the best mode but is fun, I still prefer Breakthrough but grind is the perfect mode for completing assignements or leveling a class quickly.
    For example, I'm using the mode for leveling the recon (which I don't like in BFV at all) for taking the canis horribilis skin just by spaming flares and getting huge amount of points.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is the shining example of how broken BF5 is and how not fun the experience was before. Grind is fun at first( because it forces action fast) then all of Dices terrible ideas for game mechanics and design come racing to the front of most matches. 80% of players stay by base or starting flag with mmgs, then there’s continuing smoke, grenade, rocket spam. Should be fun but often a disappointment due to either steamrolling or being rolled. Rare for any match to be close -+100. Like commando carbine reward. Should be awesome but mostly lack luster and doesn’t fit the class. Like BF5 so far, not release ready
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should of had devastation going the other long ways with the church.
  • normzzzzzy
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.

Amen!

It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game blows! Sugar coat it all you want. They dumbed it down because there are far more people playing older versions of BF than this one and it multiplies by the day! Break your arm patting yourselves on the back because you like this game. Great. There are fun moments but terrible game mechanics, mostly boring maps and a lame content since release do excuse or explain away this half-hearted game that was full price!
  • Skitelz7
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    normzzzzzy wrote: »

Amen!

It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding

Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.
    Please post a video of your super flanking abilities so we can analyze it.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

Amen!

Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.

Actually, it does and I could do it solo.
  • ZombieP1ow
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so sad I bought this game. What a waste of money and hard drive space. 
  • Skitelz7
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Amen!

Let's see it.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 24

Amen!

Let's see it.
    Edit. My chart didn’t work.

You can try it yourself. It’s easy.
  • Skitelz7

Amen!

Let's see it.

Chart? I wanna see you do it in actual gameplay with 64 players running around.
  • TEKNOCODE

Amen!

Let's see it.

Chart? I wanna see you do it in actual gameplay with 64 players running around.

If you need someone to show you how to easily flank, it’s time for a new hobby.
  • NuditysShiver
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I second this. I’ve done it countless times on Grind alone.

• TFBisquit
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ahhahaha, well, flanking on such narrow maps. Yeah, I totally believe you guys. Then there isn't much else to go to ofcourse, unless going frontal.
    As for Grind, it doesn't run smooth, much smoke used, and it's hardly exciting on those few maps.

• GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My two cents on Grind... overall, I don't hate it. I thought I did when I first played it. To the extent that I was tempted to just give the commando carbine a miss but today I couldn't help myself. Had to unlock it. Not sure if I feel psychologically manipulated but meh, I'm a grown adult. I chose to "grind" it out. I'm glad I did as it made me realise that I judged it too harshly on first impressions. It was interesting seeing the map alterations and it made for a nice change of pace and playstyle. Reminiscent of Metro. I always liked Metro but I was never a Metro 24/7 type of player … I like variety so I can't wrap my head around playing the same map/mode over and over again. Familiarity breeds contempt but I digress.

In short, I wouldn't object to it making a return and I'm glad others found it very enjoyable.
  • aseveredfoot
    2444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see flanks all the time. It usually results in a crappy Facebook back-rage clip with 5 or 6 kills and the point ultimately NOT captured because the flanker gets killed.

A whole squad can do it, but they rarely hold the point because of A.) They move on because of kill thirst and B.) The enemy team can spawn on both sides and they're soon shot off the flag.

It's a stalemate mode primarily. I've had fun but mostly I don't care for it.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Ahhahaha, well, flanking on such narrow maps. Yeah, I totally believe you guys. Then there isn't much else to go to ofcourse, unless going frontal.
    As for Grind, it doesn't run smooth, much smoke used, and it's hardly exciting on those few maps.

You could also "flank" in maps like locker or metro. Not because the map gives you the options but because players are to stupid to watch more than one or two lanes. Most people just zerg in one area and leave the other path free for the enemy team. I had countless matches in locker where I was the lonely player to defend the outside and stairwell. Most guys just sit in the middle and wonder where they suddenly get shot from, when nobody secures outside. As if they don't know that there's more than one path. Same goes for senseless pushing onto flags you don't need cause you already have 3/5. The result is you lose your base flag^^
    So it's possible to flank with 64p in grind but it's due to the incompetence of players and not because the maps are well designed.