Weekly BF

Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

Comments

• SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »
    You really have no clue what you are talking about in regards to anything.

What do you base this on? Do we know each other? Nonsense..
    His issue was that dice had made it so that the profile resets every time you enter the game, thus he had to make the driver config files read only... it had NOTHING to do with what driver version he was using, as any driver can get the sli bits added, nor did it have anything to do with using bf1 profile, as that won't lead to 10% load on the 2nd gpu. 10% gpu load on the 2nd gpu means that the gpu's cuda cores is assisting the cpu in cpu heavy tasks due to sli not being active.

I was aware of this issue. Multiple people reported that they had issues with new Nvidia drivers regarding SLI. I got mine working using the drivers and method suggested. He was asking for help and I gave him an idea. Do you have a problem with that? Actually, I don't care if you have.
    If you had any knowledge about sli and just a tiny bit of activity in that pea brain of yours, you would have come the same conclusions... but clearly you don't, so kthxbye !

As a matter of fact, I do have some knowledge about SLI as I have gotten mine working. If you had any sense for objective thinking, not based on subjective assumptions, and just a tiny bit of decency, perhaps then you would see things from an angle different than your own...but clearly you don't.

• Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You really have no clue what you are talking about in regards to anything.

What do you base this on? Do we know each other? Nonsense..
    His issue was that dice had made it so that the profile resets every time you enter the game, thus he had to make the driver config files read only... it had NOTHING to do with what driver version he was using, as any driver can get the sli bits added, nor did it have anything to do with using bf1 profile, as that won't lead to 10% load on the 2nd gpu. 10% gpu load on the 2nd gpu means that the gpu's cuda cores is assisting the cpu in cpu heavy tasks due to sli not being active.

I was aware of this issue. Multiple people reported that they had issues with new Nvidia drivers regarding SLI. I got mine working using the drivers and method suggested. He was asking for help and I gave him an idea. Do you have a problem with that? Actually, I don't care if you have.
    If you had any knowledge about sli and just a tiny bit of activity in that pea brain of yours, you would have come the same conclusions... but clearly you don't, so kthxbye !

As a matter of fact, I do have some knowledge about SLI as I have gotten mine working. If you had any sense for objective thinking, not based on subjective assumptions, and just a tiny bit of decency, perhaps then you would see things from an angle different than your own...but clearly you don't.

All of what you have posted in this thread is incorrect, and at best missleading.

If you haven't made the nvidia driver config files read only, then sli isn't working for you.

I have put you on ignore now, and will continue to ignore you from now on.

To anyone reading this thread - look at the guide on page 1, ignore all the off-topic stuff on the other pages.
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

All of what you have posted in this thread is incorrect, and at best missleading.

Please make a list of those. Without stating what those are, your statement is empty.
    If you haven't made the nvidia driver config files read only, then sli isn't working for you.

Never did I state that config files shouldn't be set read only.
    I have put you on ignore now, and will continue to ignore you from now on.

I think you should do that. Just know that if you continue to roll your arrogance down road, I'll be back to restate my views on that.
    To anyone reading this thread - look at the guide on page 1, ignore all the off-topic stuff on the other pages.

Now you are telling viewers what they should read, and what not? No decency whatsoever.

• Lohnezia
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »
    Lohnezia wrote: »
    It doesnt help...

1. Are you playing in DX11 or DX12? If the latter, this isn't going to work at all. This guide ONLY WORKS for DX11.
    2. Do you have Future Frame Rendering (FRR) enabled in the game's settings? You HAVE to have that on.
    3. Are you absolutely certain that you set the NVidia files read-only after you apply the profile changes?

You're doing something wrong.

1 dx11
    2 frr enabled
    3 yes
    I post screens with these settings!
  • Lohnezia
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    I try all fixes that i found, different profiles settings in inspector, move the bfv.exe to bf1 profile, change the "read only" to profiles file in program data folder, and nothing happens, still maximum 20% on the 1st gpu!
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

Then you are doing something wrong. Do what my guide says (which does NOT include moving bfv.exe to bf1 profile) and it will work.

Maybe you shoud upload here your bf5 profile for inspector? Thx!

https://ufile.io/ejy7v

It doesnt help...

25601525_m.jpg

25601528_m.jpg

25601532_m.jpg

25601546_m.jpg

Does sli work for you in other games ?

Yes! In bf1, last tomb rider and far cry 5 works well!
  • Dragam
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I try all fixes that i found, different profiles settings in inspector, move the bfv.exe to bf1 profile, change the "read only" to profiles file in program data folder, and nothing happens, still maximum 20% on the 1st gpu!
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

Then you are doing something wrong. Do what my guide says (which does NOT include moving bfv.exe to bf1 profile) and it will work.

It doesnt help...

25601525_m.jpg

25601528_m.jpg

25601532_m.jpg

25601546_m.jpg

Curious... and you are absolutely certain you did everything the guide says, exactly the way it says? The screenshot you posted of nvidiaprofileinspector only shows the sli bits, not the rest.
  • Dragam
    Update : it appears that the ghosting that using sli in bf5 introduced has been fixed ! Could it be that they are working towards official sli support ? :o
  • RayD_O1
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Update : it appears that the ghosting that using sli in bf5 introduced has been fixed ! Could it be that they are working towards official sli support ? :o

It would be very good news if they are.
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have to be honest: I never noticed the ghosting. Obviously with the anisotropic filtering disabled, I saw the various and annoying texture flickers, but never the ghosting.
  • Dragam
    jasonvp wrote: »

I have to be honest: I never noticed the ghosting. Obviously with the anisotropic filtering disabled, I saw the various and annoying texture flickers, but never the ghosting.

It was most noticable on moving alpha textures, and especially gold skin weapons

evppNOb.jpg

aLaU5IF.jpg

Now it looks as it should :)
  • Lohnezia
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

It doesnt help...

25601525_m.jpg

25601528_m.jpg

25601532_m.jpg

25601546_m.jpg

Curious... and you are absolutely certain you did everything the guide says, exactly the way it says? The screenshot you posted of nvidiaprofileinspector only shows the sli bits, not the rest.

Hi! I install clean windows, do all from your guide, and sli is work now!
    But fps now is lower then it was with 1 gpu...
    My gpus works only for 50-60%, can you help me to fix it? Thank you!
    My setup is
    Asus maximus xi formula
    2x2080ti nvlink
    32 ddr4 3200
    Seasonic 1300
    2x970evoplus
    25837815.jpg
  • kilo1128
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the same way DICE boost the purchase of new graphicscards when Battlefield 1 came out. There was also a time in the beginning of the game when sli didn't work properly in BF1.
  • Aeternull
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No longer works for me. Tried it all. Inspector profile keeps reverting all changes I made. BFV in control panel set to single gpu no matter the settings. Turn those files to read only. Such a shame :(
  • Dragam
    Aeternull said:
    No longer works for me. Tried it all. Inspector profile keeps reverting all changes I made. BFV in control panel set to single gpu no matter the settings. Turn those files to read only. Such a shame :(
    You are not doing it correctly then - follow the guide on page 1.
  • SprayingMango7
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam said:
    Aeternull said:
    That is INCORRECT. SLI is no longer possible in BFV. The developers removed the ability to use nvidiainspector and apply any and all compatibility bits to BFV. This was part of the fix for the shader exploit. You clearly have not used SLI recently. 
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 25
    SprayingMango7 said:

That is INCORRECT. SLI is no longer possible in BFV. The developers removed the ability to use nvidiainspector and apply any and all compatibility bits to BFV. This was part of the fix for the shader exploit. You clearly have not used SLI recently. 
    Yes, and there's a work-around for it.  I'm using SLI constantly with BFV.
  • ve2bab
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 25
    I'm using nvidiainspector to enable SLI on my  2 X 1070TIs and it works nicely, except for occasional texture flickers. Smooth and significantly faster than the single 1070TI. BTW, I'm playing in 4K (2160).
  • Dragam
    Dragam said:
    Aeternull said:
    /facepalm

From the guide : 

12. Go to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" and select both nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin and set them to read only.

And that is how you fix it...
  • g0merpile
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam said:
    Aeternull said:

No they have not.
  • Pennywise359
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or after the last update even the "read only" does not help? The profile settings do not reset after launching the game, but those adjustments don't do anything no more... This is strange.