Re Introduce full team chat and cross team lobby chat

Surfjayce
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
I understand that this may not be everyone's cup of tea and for the most part there are facilities already in place for those people to remove the annoying aspects of it, ,But i feel that online gaming as a whole is sorely missing the inteam communication during games and also the cross team banter/slanging after games in the lobby. I love all the Battlefield games that i have played but lately they just feel so detatched and lonely so im hoping that games such as Battlefield 1 will try and reboot the age old camaraderie/banter of past gaming era's

FULL COMM'S FTW!!

P.S to save the hardship of those that are **** retentive realists, i realise full comms would not be in keeping with the time period but for artistic licence and playability i think it can be overlooked :)

Comments

• mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No thanks. Proxy chat FTW! :)
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016
    I like the idea of full comms.
    With that said, gamers should be free to disregard the use of such comms if they desire.
    Post edited by Lordmang4 on
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

This would come in incredibly handy when you're in a vehicle with a non squad member.
  • schallsj
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I agree, there is 0 communication in BF4 right now. No one ever has a mic on and the pre programmed responses are not enough.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »

This would come in incredibly handy when you're in a vehicle with a non squad member.

Exactly
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    schallsj wrote: »
    I agree, there is 0 communication in BF4 right now. No one ever has a mic on and the pre programmed responses are not enough.

I'm usually with friends so I don't have that problem. But when there was no communication, have you ever asked if they could hook their mic up?

When all is quiet, I generally ask, "hey man, any of y'all have a mic? " and you'd be surpised how many times someone has unmuted or hooked up a mic.

Not always, but sometimes.
  • JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Maybe on smaller game modes but conquest or Rush no thanks can you imagine close 32-64 people all trying to talk at once through mics lol
  • AtomicAtta_pb21
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Excellent idea. The only requirement I'd want is the ability to switch chat on and off, or isolate certain squad chats. This should absolutely be implemented.
  • schallsj
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

I'm usually with friends so I don't have that problem. But when there was no communication, have you ever asked if they could hook their mic up?

When all is quiet, I generally ask, "hey man, any of y'all have a mic? " and you'd be surpised how many times someone has unmuted or hooked up a mic.

Now I am at fault for not having my mic on all the time as well. However, when I started playing again I'd have it on every time (several weeks). I'd try and talk to my squad and even use the in game chat to request orders so we could attempt to capture obj's but not once has someone plugged in a mic. It stinks. Heck, most of the time I want to BS with the guy on the other team that I keep running into and we keep killing each other.
  • Visegrip117
    H

Now I am at fault for not having my mic on all the time as well. However, when I started playing again I'd have it on every time (several weeks). I'd try and talk to my squad and even use the in game chat to request orders so we could attempt to capture obj's but not once has someone plugged in a mic. It stinks. Heck, most of the time I want to BS with the guy on the other team that I keep running into and we keep killing each other.

haha, sorry to hear that man. I agree that this game really doesn't reach its full potential u less your miced up and communicating with the team. That's the reason I always play when friends when possible.
  • En1gmuh
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it should be in the lobby. I will say though that (on ps4 at least) I spend most of my time in party chat but this could be the result of never really speaking to anyone in the game itself.
  • Beakerb43
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PS4, I don't know about Xbox1, can have keyboards connected. Just let us have the same Squad Chat, Team Chat, All Chat box that PC has.
  • Surfjayce
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Beakerb43 wrote: »
    PS4, I don't know about Xbox1, can have keyboards connected. Just let us have the same Squad Chat, Team Chat, All Chat box that PC has.

To be honest im not really in favour of type chat, it kinda defeats the purpose of what im getting at, but thats just my personal preference, i think we all can agree that more communication options are definitely wanted in the battlefield franchise, especially for consoles.
  • YOURDRUNKDADDY
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    expanded party chat on current gen ruined the game chat anyways. this is dead issue OP. Party Chat now dominates.
  • jeffmasman
    323 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I agree, the game seems disconnected with no in game chat, although people should be able to hit a "mute all" button if they want. People who whine after every death, listen to music, are of 13 years old or younger, and swear too much ruin in game chat, which is why developers have moved away from that
  • Visegrip117
    expanded party chat on current gen ruined the game chat anyways. this is dead issue OP. Party Chat now dominates.

This is true. When with friends we always use party chat