Weekly Debrief

Grind game mode

2»

Comments

  • normzzzzzy
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Narfiam wrote: »
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.

    Amen!

    It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

    When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding

    Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.
    Please post a video of your super flanking abilities so we can analyze it.

    Exactly the point... If all players are fighting over 1 cap then that would make it easier for you to sneak around
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Ahhahaha, well, flanking on such narrow maps. Yeah, I totally believe you guys. Then there isn't much else to go to ofcourse, unless going frontal.
    As for Grind, it doesn't run smooth, much smoke used, and it's hardly exciting on those few maps.


    You know that Grind's maps have two floors, right? Except Devastation, which is wide enough for a regular flank.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Narfiam wrote: »
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.

    Amen!

    It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

    When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding

    Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.
    Please post a video of your super flanking abilities so we can analyze it.

    Actually, it does and I could do it solo.

    Let's see it.
    Edit. My chart didn’t work.

    You can try it yourself. It’s easy.

    Chart? I wanna see you do it in actual gameplay with 64 players running around.

    If you need someone to show you how to easily flank, it’s time for a new hobby.

    Were you trying to be funny or are you just dumb? Serious question.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Ahhahaha, well, flanking on such narrow maps. Yeah, I totally believe you guys. Then there isn't much else to go to ofcourse, unless going frontal.As for Grind, it doesn't run smooth, much smoke used, and it's hardly exciting on those few maps.

    Yeah, must be an exciting experience to flank and get flanked 2 seconds later.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see flanks all the time. It usually results in a crappy Facebook back-rage clip with 5 or 6 kills and the point ultimately NOT captured because the flanker gets killed.

    A whole squad can do it, but they rarely hold the point because of A.) They move on because of kill thirst and B.) The enemy team can spawn on both sides and they're soon shot off the flag.

    It's a stalemate mode primarily. I've had fun but mostly I don't care for it.

    Exactly. And squad play is pretty much non existent because of all the chaos.
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some of the best flanks I’ve ever done have been on Grind.
    I also completed the Gold skin assignments on the Ross Rifle.
    Easiest way to do the gold assignments.

    I hope they bring this mode back, if they are worried about stretching the player base, Dice should just remove Team death match and Domination
    Grind is way better than death match, and domination is nearly pointless with Squad Conquest back for good.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I see flanks all the time. It usually results in a crappy Facebook back-rage clip with 5 or 6 kills and the point ultimately NOT captured because the flanker gets killed.

    A whole squad can do it, but they rarely hold the point because of A.) They move on because of kill thirst and B.) The enemy team can spawn on both sides and they're soon shot off the flag.

    It's a stalemate mode primarily. I've had fun but mostly I don't care for it.

    Exactly. And squad play is pretty much non existent because of all the chaos.

    Yep. Any time I've played it with friends everyone's just off doing their own thing.
  • MissNorway
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really want this gamemode back. A lot of fun!
  • TEKNOCODE
    10823 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Narfiam wrote: »
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.

    Amen!

    It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

    When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding

    Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.
    Please post a video of your super flanking abilities so we can analyze it.

    Actually, it does and I could do it solo.

    Let's see it.
    Edit. My chart didn’t work.

    You can try it yourself. It’s easy.

    Chart? I wanna see you do it in actual gameplay with 64 players running around.

    If you need someone to show you how to easily flank, it’s time for a new hobby.

    Were you trying to be funny or are you just dumb? Serious question.

    As the one that doesn’t have a problem flanking, I would ask you the same question.
  • normzzzzzy
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    normzzzzzy wrote: »
    Narfiam wrote: »
    For the people who say the game mode is only spam bullets, grenades, rockets and smoke, that is your problem.
    Except Devastation, the other three maps have two floors and you can use it for flanking and avoiding the intense fire or facing enemies in a less clustered firefight against the enemy flankers, in fact there are a lot of people who do that, owning the defenders from behind and Devastation is big enough for a more wide and less concentrated firefight.

    Amen!

    It baffles my brains when people do not understand the art of a decent flank. So many decent flanking opportunities in this game mode and if you’re on a team that is partial to running into meat grinders it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

    When you get a good flank on in this game mode you can actually make yourself feel like Rambo and spearhead the assault on the flag sites. Pretty damn rewarding

    Flanking doesn't really work when you have 64 players fighting over one capture point.
    Please post a video of your super flanking abilities so we can analyze it.

    Actually, it does and I could do it solo.

    Let's see it.
    Edit. My chart didn’t work.

    You can try it yourself. It’s easy.

    Chart? I wanna see you do it in actual gameplay with 64 players running around.

    If you need someone to show you how to easily flank, it’s time for a new hobby.

    Were you trying to be funny or are you just dumb? Serious question.

    As the one that doesn’t have a problem flanking, I would ask you the same question.

    I wouldn’t bother mate. “Haters Gona hate”
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The success, or otherwise, of Grind mode will be determined by whether it attracted new or returning players. I am guessing that it will be back 'by popular demand'.

    These days, I don't have as much time to play games, so a quick 30 minutes is ideal for me. I hope they bring it back.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grind sucks. Played it twice and went back to conquest
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grind sucks. Played it twice and went back to conquest

    Sucks big time.
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan and I'm a bit crap in general but even I have managed several decent flanks and back rages.

    You may not cap the flag, even with your Squad but it can pull sufficient enemy players from the middle flag to allow your team to take it.

    Not hard really.......
  • ChaseEargle
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sasqch10 wrote: »
    It is the shining example of how broken BF5 is and how not fun the experience was before. Grind is fun at first( because it forces action fast) then all of Dices terrible ideas for game mechanics and design come racing to the front of most matches. 80% of players stay by base or starting flag with mmgs, then there’s continuing smoke, grenade, rocket spam. Should be fun but often a disappointment due to either steamrolling or being rolled. Rare for any match to be close -+100. Like commando carbine reward. Should be awesome but mostly lack luster and doesn’t fit the class. Like BF5 so far, not release ready

    There are a few point that you mentioned that I agree with and some that I don’t.

    I totally agree with the smoke aspect of it! I feel like if there wasn’t so much smoke I could have been a little more fun! So I agree with making smoke some what harder to get!! But you also have to look at it like this. There were a lot of campers the would camp on objective B (center objective). The smoke made it so frustrating sometimes that campers would have to move about the map to see people so I think that was the balancing aspect of the smoke. Then comes the grenades, and rockets! If you played metro I bet you came into the same problem, it is just apart of the game mode! That is just another obstacle to think about as you move around the map! Yes annoying, but also another tactic to keep people moving.
    Then the part of 80 percent of people stay at the starting base I feel like that is false. The only time I really had that happen was on Narvik! But it didn’t take away from the game mode because most of those people were in the recon class and couldn’t hit the back side of a barn with a hocky mallet. And being a 64 player lobby there were plenty of people who would play aggressively.
    And I don’t have much to say about the lopped sided wins for some teams. All I can say is that Dice needs to implement some kind of match making for more advanced players! (Which I don’t think is going to happen)
    Not saying your wrong or right, just trying to play devils advocate!
  • Cr0SbY_cz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want this mode permanetly back. This mod was very fun.. 
  • cdR3aper
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bringt it back, I really enjoyed it !
  • UofAZCats
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loved this mode.  I vote for bringing it back.
  • Marcusspinner
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of Teamdeath Match Battlefield was never designed for it and replace it with Grind!
  • Trokey66
    8353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get rid of Teamdeath Match Battlefield was never designed for it and replace it with Grind!

    Well that's a first!
Sign In or Register to comment.